Wii #2440 - Heathcliff! The Fast and the Furriest (USA)

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So they get the license to Heathcliff and they decide hey lets make a kart racing game...WTF! This would have made a nice side scrolling brawler game but instead they had to go a screw it up by making this. Anybody who has ever read a Heahcliff comic strip or seen a cartoon knows that he's a street smart fighter not some Mario kart wanna be.

highanimalhouse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is the single worst cover-art I've ever seen.

I want a Heathcliff game that's like River City Ransom or Bad Dudes. Are you a bad enough cat to save the President?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
inb4 rydian.

Waitwhat.

431unknown said:
So they get the license to Heathcliff and they decide hey lets make a kart racing game...WTF! This would have made a nice side scrolling brawler game but instead they had to go a screw it up by making this. Anybody who has ever read a Heahcliff comic strip or seen a cartoon knows that he's a street smart fighter not some Mario kart wanna be.
How about a fighter on the DS?

Alex666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was so laughing at this pun!!
biggrin.gif

Am i the only one?
yeah?
oh... i see....
bye...

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad box art? I've seen worse.

The video there didn't look all that bad. I might try a backup copy, see if the casual gamers in my family like it.

One thing to note is they used a more classic version.
If I remember right there was a more "modern" cartoon that aired around the late eighties and early nineties. I could be off a few years give or take.
But still, that one had a differnt art style.
I also have a vague memory of an episode where they were talking and saying "Booty" back and fourth like that one pokemon episode where they just talk gibberish for twenty minutes.
So ya, they coulda done worse.

I think its worth a try if you recongize the icon. Pretty much all the game has good going for it, though it doesn't look completely crappy. Mostly quanity over quality but eh, at least its not Crazy frog/chicken/misc kart racing.

Still waiting for Felix the Cat: Magic bag of go kart tricks

NamoNakamura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I could be honest here, I was not expecting this in the slightest. Are developers really going for any IP they can find?

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
first garfield no heathcliff what's next?!?
Well, seeing as how "Ghostbusters" was finally given it's fair day in gaming court a while ago, and this Heathcliff game is just now surfacing... I'd say that the modern day gaming console world is reveling in the latter days of the Reagan administration's first tenure (c. 1983-1984.) With that said, ... ... I predict that the time is ripe for a PS3 interpretation of "Inspector Gadget" via the Move Controller.
biggrin.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
An icon from my childhood that I remember so dear is now being rehashed into shovelware stardom. How tragic yet its true.

Azariel_z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mechadylan said:
DJPlace said:
first garfield no heathcliff what's next?!?
Well, seeing as how "Ghostbusters" was finally given it's fair day in gaming court a while ago, and this Heathcliff game is just now surfacing... I'd say that the modern day gaming console world is reveling in the latter days of the Reagan administration's first tenure (c. 1983-1984.) With that said, ... ... I predict that the time is ripe for a PS3 interpretation of "Inspector Gadget" via the Move Controller.
biggrin.gif

I do believe the next on list should be Hong Kong Phooey.. aBeat them up like scott pilgrim would be nice..
Hong-Kong-Phooey-009.jpg

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
inb4 rydian.

Waitwhat.

431unknown said:

That would have been cool at least I would have tried it.

This game just don't interest me, but my son likes it.
Personally if I want to play a Mario Kart style game I'll just boot up Mario Kart.

I hate it when a developer gets a good license that ever one knows will make a great game in a certain genre and they completely Bork it.

Azariel_z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
431unknown said:
Rydian said:
inb4 rydian.

Waitwhat.

431unknown said:

That would have been cool at least I would have tried it.

This game just don't interest me, but my son likes it.
Personally if I want to play a Mario Kart style game I'll just boot up Mario Kart.

I hate it when a developer gets a good license that ever one knows will make a great game in a certain genre and they completely Bork it.

But this not mario kart if you can't slide and do mini turbos.... extreeeemee.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night