Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Dec 2, 2010.
Be cool if it were good. What're the odds?
I must have to be the party pooper here and say that it doesn't look that interesting. May be worth trying though.
As usual, they probably puted to much money on the Tron license and not ennough on the developers.
This is why I rarely play licensed games....
I did not like it on ds
ps3 and xbox360 versions look nice but the wii version seems much worse. It's really sad i'm super hyped for the movie and i was hoping to get something serious.
Looks nice looks nice forget the looks its the gameplay!! Its no wonder games don't have lasting appeal anymore when people succumb to eye candy
not really the case on wii if you ask me... or atleast it shouldnt be. tho there really are some seriosly fucked up looking games on wii
candy is for hd consoles, wii is for pure playing experience and fun if you want my opinion
From masdeeper's post.
Okami and Mario Galaxy were definitely eye candy, but those games had awesome gameplay as well.
@Topic: So this is just a grid game collection? No actual storyline or whatever? Seems somewhat interesting, if only for the lightcycle. Probably not worth it though.
It looks like one of those games with Mini-Games inside it. Also does anyone know if it even has a valid story-line?
It has Light Cycles and the controls don't suck so I like it.
There are 7 grid games and 3 levels of AI difficulty. The length of the Light Trails are customisable.
I'll group them by type.
3rd/1st Person Perspective.
1. Light Cycles Arena - Like the original movie with Light Trails except the cycle's can jump.
2. Light Cycles Race - Race a course with turns, jumps and cross traffic. Only 2 types of power ups Speed Boost and Slow Down.
3. Runner Arena - Runners (A bit like a beach buggy with a machine gun) can pick up weapon power ups (Rockets, Shields, etc) so it's a type of death (derez) match. The weapons auto lock-on after a couple of seconds so it's a question of keeping your opponent in front of you long enough to fire.
4. Runner Race - As there's weapon power ups it plays a little like "Wipe Out".
3rd Person Only.
5. Hyper Ball - Similar to the original movie - a type of Squash game where the object is to destroy the opponents floating platform. Not as well done as the Cycles/Runners IMHO though the game play mechanics remind me of wii sports tennis.
6. Light Discs - Turn squares your colour by moving onto them, keep them your colour by staying alive, capture your opponents squares by derezzing them. Capture all 30 or have the most at the end to win.
7. Grid Tanks - A simple "King of The Hill" tank game that whilst fun is probably to short to hold one's attention (unless there's more levels/puzzles than the one I've played - in which case it could be fun for a while).
Box quote "Story mode allows players to evolve their created character in the quest to become the Game Grids Champion".
If you play the story mode (small 3D shopping mal type areas where you can accept side quests (grid game challanges) you gain "bits" to purchase upgrades/custom parts for your character and unlock Arenas and Modes for free play. It's not the main reason to play but does extend the life of game as it forces you to play some of the more difficult (or borring) grid games to unlock bits for the best (the Light Cycle and Runner).