Wii #2386 - Donkey Kong Country Returns (USA)

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
an actual good game on the wii? been playing this since this morning and it's too bad this is only one of the games that you will actually want to play for thew wii.

"Can't say I liked the SNES games, the jerky, ugly claymation-style art stood up badly against its pixel art contemporaries and the gameplay was basic at best.. I'll give this a go anyway."

umm what? you obviously never played the snes version, and as good as this is it's nowhere near what dkc1 was. Claymation lol it's called rendering nothing to do with clay....maybe you meant clay fighter, but next to super metroid dkc had the best visuals on snes.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jeklnoo said:
Lakerfanalways said:
I just saw on abgx that this game was nuked..what does this mean..says something about m0_compression

It's just some retarded thing where if a "group" in the "scene" doesn't use the exact right settings when they make the RARs, other "groups" from the "scene" bitch about it. Nothing is actually wrong with the release as far as i know.

Oh Ok, just wanted to be sure..and I presume we don't need to install any new IOS files in order for this game to work? The only two games that I could never get working was Black Ops and Metroid The Other M, I dont know why IOS files I am lacking but those games would never play, not in backup launcher and not in the disc channel..so just want to be sure that this game doesn't require anything new

Son of Science

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
"It's not exactly the same as it's 15 year old predecessor so it sucks."
Exactly. You can't fix what's not broken.
tongue.gif

B

Bladeforce

Hmm is it just me or do these controls feel totally different to the original? I mean i am not bothered by the waggling the remote stuff I just mean the feel isn't right. It feels "light" or too "smooth" Maybe I just got too hooked on the originals but this just doesnt feel right. Having said that it is fun but again the feel isn't there

chickenlips

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japanese Wii

The text won't show using my Japanese Wii! Is anyone else having this problem? More importantly, anyone find a solution?

Of course I tried "force English", and "Patch country string" (though I'm not sure what that one does, to be honest). Using CFG USBloader.

If you have a Japanese Wii, please tell me if - and how - you got the text to show.

Antoni-YO!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladeforce said:
Hmm is it just me or do these controls feel totally different to the original? I mean i am not bothered by the waggling the remote stuff I just mean the feel isn't right. It feels "light" or too "smooth" Maybe I just got too hooked on the originals but this just doesnt feel right. Having said that it is fun but again the feel isn't there

Yeah I got that feeling on other games before. It's hard to explain, but I get what you're saying. I don't think it's a problem though. It gives me the nostalgia feeling and lets me know that I am playing on a newer system.

desh_thiere

Trophies
XP
Country
I finished world one yesterday arvo before I had to pack it in for work. It is stupidly good! Best platformer on wii hands down. Puts NSMB to shame.

The barrel shooting level where you crash through the big rock statues was just so incredibly well done. As was the mine cart level.

I was a little disappointed with the first boss, but I guess it was just the first one, so I am hoping there are better things to come.

Seriously though, they have done the originals justice. Hell, the new one might even be better.

The difficulty is just right. It doesn't punish you unnecessarily if you just wanna get through the level. But if you wanna explore and get all the collectibles, then it gets a bit tougher.

Xoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chickenlips said:
Japanese Wii

The text won't show using my Japanese Wii! Is anyone else having this problem? More importantly, anyone find a solution?

Of course I tried "force English", and "Patch country string" (though I'm not sure what that one does, to be honest). Using CFG USBloader.

If you have a Japanese Wii, please tell me if - and how - you got the text to show.

Here's my post in the other thread.
http://gbatemp.net/t266029-donkey-kong-cou...t&p=3280997

creativ

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mikk0 said:
oh lord.. after all the hype i still have to wait for the pal release

i bet this game is going to be great
why all wait for the pal game ?
an ntsc version works fine on a PAL wii

use cfg loader , you can config that the game should force pal 50 or 60 or system default

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Son of Science said:
Anyone else disappointed by this game? I hate the controls, personally, and the game is so short. I'm already on the 2nd boss after 2 hours :/

Not gonna play anymore anyway though. I loved the SNES versions, and now Nintendo, never failing to disappoint with the Wii, comes out with this
frown.gif

What you haven't beaten the whole game after two hours ?
Every coin etc? YOU ARE HARDLY AT THE END.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, yes it's a bit short. Have any of you guys played the first 3 on SNES?

They are short too.. Especially Dixie kongs quest...very short, and easy.

DKCR is somewhat bigger because of the content I think.
There's a lot going on on the screen ALL the time.
There has to be a way to keep thing going fluid...Maybe RARE RETRO uses a different aproach to coding this sucker?

Bottom line, I have NO cleu...

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

One of the best games I played in my life. I can count the number of times I felt so astonished by a game by the fingers of one hand. The Original DKC on the SNES, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess on GC, Oblivion, Mario Galaxy and now This Game... It looks great, plays great, feels so new and nostalgic at the same time. You just can't stop playing it. It's a masterpiece - one of the best games on the Wii and one of the best Nintendo games of all time. Retro guys are geniuses.

Pre-ordered my European copy and I DEMAND everyone does the same
rolleyes.gif
Developers and Nintendo MUST be supported for making this happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.