Wii #2329 - Call of Duty: Black Ops (Europe)

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE(jono@home @ Nov 9 2010, 04:34 PM)
DryYoshi said:
Downloading this NOW!
Hope it will work.
From USB .. No..

However some a reporting it work from DVDR
http://gbatemp.net/t263978-wii-2328-call-o...t&p=3253353
smile.gif

If this doesn't work, I will just get the NTSC release 'cause apparently it works according to that post.

Mikk0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
someone stated at the usa topic that it works with wiikey 2..

well i'll just have to wait to find an dl source and test it out..

NeoGohan

Trophies
XP
Country
i've always got a doubt.
will my lag depend on the game i'm playing?
let me explain.

My Wii is NTSC and the game is PAL, does that mean that the game will connect to the european server?

My question is really stupid, i don't even know if there are independent server for every region but i once heard that and i need to clarify it. lol

Thanks in advance for anyone who answer it
yay.gif

Mikk0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
NeoGohan said:
i've always got a doubt.
let me explain.

My Wii is NTSC and the game is PAL, does that mean that the game will connect to the european server?

My question is really stupid, i don't even know if there are independent server for every region but i once heard that and i need to clarify it. lol

yay.gif

atleast reflex had regional on/off.. dont really know if its the disc/game region that sets it or the ip..

but overall i'v always ignored it
smile.gif

GPWeaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has it definitely been confirmed that the PAL version does not work from USB?? The NTSC version just needed you use a CIOS with base 57. Also if it doesn't work at the moment it will certainly be fixed due to the popularity of the game/series.

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
GPWeaver said:
Has it definitely been confirmed that the PAL version does not work from USB?? The NTSC version just needed you use a CIOS with base 57. Also if it doesn't work at the moment it will certainly be fixed due to the popularity of the game/series.

its the Pal version I am using.. and it does not work on Multiplayer..
Going to test the NTSC version once I get hold of it...

GPWeaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so the game will play then but just multi player not working. The discussion thread from the NTSC release also had mention of multiplayer problems. Looks like we'll just have to wait and see. Someone a whole lot more intelligent than me will either figure a way round the problem or explain why we cannot get round it.

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
GPWeaver said:
Ok, so the game will play then but just multi player not working. The discussion thread from the NTSC release also had mention of multiplayer problems. Looks like we'll just have to wait and see. Someone a whole lot more intelligent than me will either figure a way round the problem or explain why we cannot get round it.

Disc or USB ?

GPWeaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All of the posts from the other thread were talking about USB loading. Don't think anyone mentioned disc loading. Out of interest how big is the file once ripped to HD?

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
4.08GB

some peeps are reporting NTSC version works from USBLoader, it could be that this release is NUKED..

Will try the NTSC version once I get hold of it, then post my findings....

NeoGohan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mikk0 said:
NeoGohan said:
i've always got a doubt.
let me explain.

yay.gif

atleast reflex had regional on/off.. dont really know if its the disc/game region that sets it or the ip..

but overall i'v always ignored it
smile.gif

Okay
biggrin.gif
thanks for your answer

QUOTE(ConJ @ Nov 9 2010, 01:43 PM)
Call Of Duty does its region thing by ip.

Where as Monster Hunter Tri(the only one i know of) is region locked by disc version.

So using an NTSC Black Ops in England, with region on, you will connect to Europeans, and vice versa.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaanks
biggrin.gif

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Call Of Duty does its region thing by ip.

Where as Monster Hunter Tri(the only one i know of) is region locked by disc version.

So using an NTSC Black Ops in England, with region on, you will connect to Europeans, and vice versa.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Another question...according to the Proof-Pic, it *seems* to be the Australian-Release (if I recognize that Sticker right, I'm not so shure. If not, please ignore this post).
068aa6e6.jpg
Now, I've heard that Germany will censor the Wii-Version (?), and I've also heard that Australia also likes to censor games...which leads to the question(s):

Is this uncut? And/Or are there Wii-Versions which are censored in some way?

virgi80

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This release is in full english and is uncensored. It's NOT NUKED: the solo campaign works on USB with the IOS 57 (just like the NTSC, as I've read - freezes on loading without it) but not the multiplayer... You get a black screen when you try to access it. I'm using Wiiflow 2.2 on a PAL Wii. Haven't tried on DVD yet.

Let's hope someone with more skills than me will find a way to "activate" the multiplayer! In the meantime, the solo campaign seems really good
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1