Wii #2262 - Super Mario Collection (Japan)

Madhatta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forget, was there an English language version coming for this game or is this the one we need to get if we want to play? Japanese is not a huge deal for old Mario games but yeah.

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I already injected Super Mario All-Stars + World (E) into another SNES rom so I can play these games with the same graphics with the classic controller in VC. Besides it does include Super Mario World too! This game is just obsolete then.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
laurenz said:
I already injected Super Mario All-Stars + World (E) into another SNES rom so I can play these games with the same graphics with the classic controller in VC. Besides it does include Super Mario World too! This game is just obsolete then.

The rest of us are probably too intimidated (or lazy) to do that. Plus, can you do that from USB? Didn't think so.

And if you buy the actual product, you get extras!

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fishaman P said:
laurenz said:

The rest of us are probably too intimidated (or lazy) to do that. Plus, can you do that from USB? Didn't think so.

Actually, it runs completely from the Wii's storage. No USB or SD card needed (only for install though).

Madhatta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZaeZae64 said:
Madhatta said:
I forget, was there an English language version coming for this game or is this the one we need to get if we want to play? Japanese is not a huge deal for old Mario games but yeah.
The UK's getting it.
Not sure about the US though

Good enough for me. Just wanted English in the game. What is the official release date for that one, do you know?

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Madhatta said:
ZaeZae64 said:
Madhatta said:
The UK's getting it.

Good enough for me. Just wanted English in the game. What is the official release date for that one, do you know?

03 December for us Europeans

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is this just a Super Mario All-Stars ROM, or did Nintendo at least bother to make a new loader for the individual pieces, similar to Metroid Prime Trilogy?

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
ZaeZae64 said:
Madhatta said:
The UK's getting it.

BIG BALLS OF YAYNESS LOL cant wait to get my hands on it..... yeah i know i know you can get on VC but all in one place, im a happy chappy for Dec release.... Thank you Santa Mario

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems too cheap to be honest, its just Mario Allstars on a disc, with a booklet and a music CD...is this all Nintendo has for the guy that practically put them where they are now?

Sega did a lot more for their two Sonic compilations and while Super Mario Bros 3 is worth more on its own to me than all of the Sonic games put together it still makes Nintendo look really cheap in comparison.

They did Allstars 1993 and put effort into remaking the games look and also added a few different things here and there.

I know its just a budget release but they could have at least added a few extra titles like Donkey Kong, Mario Bros, Vs. Super Mario Bros, Wrecking Crew & Dr. Mario.

LastMartini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laurenz said:
Fishaman P said:
laurenz said:

Actually, it runs completely from the Wii's storage. No USB or SD card needed (only for install though).

Isn't there Wad2Iso.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
what games are in the collection
This release it is: Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros USA, Super Mario Bros 3.

In Europe it'll be the same games only SMB2 is called "The Lost Levels" as Super Mario Bros USA was SMB2 outside of Japan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (cocks 12 gauge with virginity-maintaining intent)