Wii #2229 - NBA JAM (USA)

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This NTSC verson works just fine on Neo Gamma R9 with USB.Game is funner than I thought it would be.Still old good fun like the old versons.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Meh... haven't heard my comment, or correct variant of it, yet in the 3 games I played... oh well.

Game makes me wish I owned a classic controller. The nunchuck controls aren't that bad... it's just I find on D that I'm always randomly jumping (blocking) because I probably shook or moved my wiimote a little bit. Playing wiimote only isn't very good... wanted to like it, but preferred the nunchuck style best.

Overall from 3 games... brings back great memories. They've done great job with bringing back that classic feel, but updating the graphics and presentation enough for the current consoles. Would love to see/play the Xbox 360 version with HD graphics... but if it's not a downloadable game for about $20 or less, I'll skip it.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it's great that they omitted online play! Very nice RETRO touch...
wink.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tried it but Wiimote style stinks!
I played it for a while but this game is anything but intuitive. I'm playing this wiimote style and I think every self-respecting old school game should have this style as standard. I mean even Need for Speed Nitro could be played with one Wiimote without even touching the D-pad!! But in this game I'm hammering the buttons but nothing I want to do works. That's not intuitive... That's shiit...... And I hate it that when my homie has the ball I can't switch to him. I just keep on running from one place to the other. Whaddaya mean B-button is TURBO? This is NES-controlling style. How can I get my fingers at the bottom when I have to use them to hold the wiimote and my thumbs for the other buttons???

I'm let down by the bad nes-control style. Next time I'll try it with the old "new" nunchuck.

Boooh, I think Boomshakalaka games should be played in a Boomshakala manner, not like nerd with two maracas in his hands.

no_chocobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
desh_thiere said:
I have been getting ready for this game by playing the original on my MAME cabinet. I am so stoked this is out, gonna be so much fun. BOOMSHAKALAKA.

That makes two of us! There actually might be a TE tournament at our Halloween party

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I can definitely tell this game was developed with the Wiimote and Nunchuk in mind. All the other control schemes seem really rushed and tacked-on. For example, you can defensive block using either X or Y, but to shove, you can only use an uncomfortable L+A combo. Very dumb setup...

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hate to say this but this game feels like a disappointment.i don't care for wifi so that is not the reason.only played for about an hour or so and i hate that when the quarter is over it goes to next quarter starts without seeing if the ball would have went in when time runs out.i don't like that i can't tell the cpu when to shot the ball unless there is an option for that that i don't no of,i still got to look at option menu.probably disappointed at other things i can't think of at the moment but all i know is what i mentioned should not have been a issue in the game in the first place.so far i only played this game with a wiimote so far.

i haven't played this game for a while but i think nba showtime is better than nba jam for the wii most likely snes nba jam is better than the wii.
if i'm correct showtime was made by the creator or creators of nba jam.Sadly this is a EA game.if this was made by midway probably would have been better.
i think midway is called something else now not to sure.

EDIT
my bad i never pressed the A button on the wiimote it seems i was always able to call for a shot for the cpu.

T1nmaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HiroshiYamauchi said:
People, this game was meant to be played with the Wii Remote + Nunchuk, any control style other than that just suck.

I didn't mind the classic controller.....

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HiroshiYamauchi said:
People, this game was meant to be played with the Wii Remote + Nunchuk, any control style other than that just suck.

what i said earlier about this game being a disappointment is not all that true anymore.before i said anything i should have been clear before posting.so right now i'm only against that final shot at the end of the quarter not letting you see if that final shot would have went in.

i only tried using the wiimote and nunchuk one time didn't really give it a chance and i never tried playing with my classic controller pro yet.
someone please explain to me whats wrong with the wiimote controls .
i don't find anything really wrong using the wiimote.

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
Speed Freak said:
That's up to the player to decide. I think mote+chuk style sucks in this game.

And no button customization? Fuck EA!
Amen to that.
How hard could it be adding a "customize controls" option?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I use to have a guy for that thanks richard