Wii #2213 - FIFA 11 (Europe)

mtlife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
HBK said:
The Wii isn't meant for football games, unfortunately. PS3 and XBOX is where it lies (much because of the graphics and gameplay). I mean this game isn't terrible, but it's not GOTW either.
Going to play it after school, but if its anything like Fifa 10 it's too much of an arcade game and not for me. Not saying it's a bad game, i can see younger kids playing this and having fun. But saying that the Wii is not for football games is just not true, PES is doing a good job. It just feels like EA is not even trying on the wii, and why would they if their showpiece is graphics and realism on the other consoles and all their profit is coming from there.

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
mtlife said:
Still no classic gameplay? Cant find trailers or information about gameplay anywhere.. And what about classic controls? I'm still playing the buggy fifa 09 with friends just because of the classic controls (gamecube controller for teh win).
In this review (german) they say, that you can use the classic controller.
toot.gif

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
mtlife said:
Still no classic gameplay? Cant find trailers or information about gameplay anywhere.. And what about classic controls? I'm still playing the buggy fifa 09 with friends just because of the classic controls (gamecube controller for teh win).

FIFA 10 and World Cup both had the classic controls option. So i'm guessing this has too.

mtlife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
ConJ said:
mtlife said:

FIFA 10 and World Cup both had the classic controls option. So i'm guessing this has too.

Really? I never saw that option, neither did the gamecube controllers work. Is nintendo forcing a new policy for classic controllers or something and abandoning the gamecube controllers?

Sashinco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I remember playing Fifa WC with a classic controller, but when I pluged a GC one to play with a friend, it wouldn't work...

QUOTE said:
Is nintendo forcing a new policy for classic controllers or something and abandoning the gamecube controllers?

I bet they do actually...

SparkFenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I played PES '08 on the wii
Loved it
But these games never grip me much (the wii one was the one that kept me playing the longest)
Now i forgot the controls
ohnoes.png

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
xboxreloaded said:
is it multi 5?
As far as I read yes.

Don`t really care for it, since I play PES on Wii and therefor I have no interest on any other football-game, if reviews can`t convince me otherwise...

It still would be nice to see if EA actually improved the Wii-version, since it was inferior to the other versions.

B

Bladeforce

Whilst I agress PES on Wii is the greatest footy game on a console, THE greatest footy game EVER on any system has be between Sensible soccer on Amiga and Football Manager on the old Speccy

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SparkFenix said:
Loved it
But these games never grip me much (the wii one was the one that kept me playing the longest)
ohnoes.png

Try the Champions Road modus, that always keeps me hooked for hours.
Gonna give this a try one day too, but like a lot of members mentioned earlier here, PES Wii > any other football game on any other platform.

SparkFenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:
SparkFenix said:
Loved it
ohnoes.png

Try the Champions Road modus, that always keeps me hooked for hours.
Gonna give this a try one day too, but like a lot of members mentioned earlier here, PES Wii > any other football game on any other platform.

I did
I loved it _>

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't wait to get this!! Might even finish work early friday and pick it up! Hell, might not even go IN to work on friday!!
....Oh wait this is the Wii version, lol..... I meant the 360 version of course! I've played footy games since I was a kid, and yeah I've been through Sensi soccer on the amiga, and FIFA10 on 360 is the best footy game yet (this coming from a PES fan since Superstar Soccer on the SNES!)
The 360 FIFA11 demo looks even better too - can't wait!!

Will try out PES on the Wii this time since you lot seem to enjoy it - see what all the fuss is about..... but the PES2011 360 demo was rather rubbish (in comparison to FIFA)
EA upped the ante with FIFA10 (on the big consoles at least) and PES hasn't caught up yet...

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mightymuffy said:
Can't wait to get this!! Might even finish work early friday and pick it up! Hell, might not even go IN to work on friday!!
....Oh wait this is the Wii version, lol..... I meant the 360 version of course! I've played footy games since I was a kid, and yeah I've been through Sensi soccer on the amiga, and FIFA10 on 360 is the best footy game yet (this coming from a PES fan since Superstar Soccer on the SNES!)
The 360 FIFA11 demo looks even better too - can't wait!!

Will try out PES on the Wii this time since you lot seem to enjoy it - see what all the fuss is about..... but the PES2011 360 demo was rather rubbish (in comparison to FIFA)
EA upped the ante with FIFA10 (on the big consoles at least) and PES hasn't caught up yet...

You can't quite compare PES on the Wii with PES on any other system.
The Wii version is unique and that's why a lot of people seem to think that it's the definitive soccer experience on any platform.
So you can't have any expectations coming from the 360, as it is a totally different experience.
Anyway, I'll try this FIFA 11 when I get home tonight after work, I wasn't completely satisfied with fifa 10 for the Wii.
I appreciated the arcade approach and the graphic style, but what I didn't like was the sound effects and shooting animation a la Mario Strikers.
To me it totally lost credibility as a serious soccer simulation .
Hopefully this year they did it less childish ( nothing against the cel shade though ).

mtlife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Arm73 said:
Anyway, I'll try this FIFA 11 when I get home tonight after work, I wasn't completely satisfied with fifa 10 for the Wii.
I appreciated the arcade approach and the graphic style, but what I didn't like was the sound effects and shooting animation a la Mario Strikers.
To me it totally lost credibility as a serious soccer simulation .
Hopefully this year they did it less childish ( nothing against the cel shade though ).

I just tried it, and it seems like they dropped the whole arcade shooting / free kicks thing. THANK GOD! Played 3 games now, and only scored twice (against human opponent). Its nothing like FIFA 10 on wii, except they kept the cell shading which looks nice. It's now more a soccer sim again. But I have to hate nintendo for forcing classic controller and not supporting the gamecube controller anymore :@. Now I need to buy 2 extra wiimotes, and 4 new classic controllers just so I can play with friends :|... Really wish there was a hack for wii that supported gamecube controller through the classic controller interface.

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I changed my mind about this game ii dont really like it.
i think changing player is broken and to slow with the pointer,so when you change the difficulty to hard it becomes really rubbish.

boybrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rip-it-up said:
I changed my mind about this game ii dont really like it.
i think changing player is broken and to slow with the pointer,so when you change the difficulty to hard it becomes really rubbish.

Phew, thought it was just me on the player switching. I had to keep on checking if i had it on!

Thank god they've got rid of the shake for shoot shit. It's better than FIFA 10 but i still don't know why they have to go with the kiddy look.
PES (whenever thats out) will again wipe the floor with it, as a game. Shame the sales won't reflect that

Sashinco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Adding my impressions... I played Fifa for few hours last night, and I'm frustrated..
There is some good ideas, and I love the "become a pro" (or don't remember the name) thing, even if it must be nothing compared to the 360/PS3 version...
Beginning in 5 vs 5 in street games with different types of goal (mini, elevated...) is really nice, and the possibility to keep only on ne player is good, but IA sucks !!!

Damn... I wish I could have kept playing with just my guy, but then the 10 others (after first season you start real football 11 vs 11) would just run like dummies behind the ball and do nothing! Didn't try much, maybe didn't understand everything yet, will still try, but that is really frustrating! I mean I love PES and no doubt I'll get it, but having a different football game in a different style is nice, no competition between the 2 games. But still, it's annoying to have dummies in my team... ruining the pleasure.

I wouldn't say it's a bad game, but it could have been so much better... just lack a better realisation. I only played with classic controller, I guess it's not the best control system, but well...

If someone has a solution and can manage to play fun games (and serious too... not with guys who never touched a ball...) controlling only one player in a 11 vs 11 game, let me know... I did play only in easy so far, but in my defense, with 10 crippled, it's already hard enough!
angry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: What if succubus were real? :ninja: