Wii #2162 - NHL 2K11 (USA)

D

Deleted_171835

Game looks okay. Worth a download, at least.
The graphics are horrible, though but that's to be expected.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
downloading t his right now
smile.gif

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Looking forward to trying this. Hope it's an improvement over last year... you'd hope so since they only worked on Wii and iOS versions for this season. Will say the iOS (iPhone, etc) version was terrible... but that's mostly because I'm not a fan of sports games using virtual buttons/joysticks... frame rate and graphics seamed fine for iPhone game. Still look forward to trying the Wii version with WM+... and then compare it to EA's NHL Slapshot (which won't use WM+) when it arrives next month.

EDIT for Review:
So after playing the tutorials to refresh my self to the 2K control motion plus controls and a full game in the Winter Classic mode here is my thoughts. First thing I noticed... 2K has finally figured out Wii's 16:9 Widescreen (all three 2K10 sports games had slight black boarders on the side) and that does help the graphics a bit, but they are not much improved to last years. I decided to play Winter Classic mode and it is based on the Fenway Park game of this past season; not the two outdoor games (Pittsburgh and Calgary) of the 2010-11 season... pity. Controls seam a bit more fluid this year then last year, but they still seam complex when compared to playing EA NHL on the 360/PS3. The skating engine is one thing I really noticed about this game. I was always getting caught back and giving up breakaways... it was very slow to turn around or stop and start moving again. It's not as fluid movement as seen on EA NHL games. The AI was pretty good, just don't give up breakaways like I did (goalie was 50/50 on those, which is pretty good honestly). I'd say it's a 7/10... not great, but very playable and enjoyable.

Now to wait for EA NHL Slapshot and see if it plays better, even when lacking motion plus and being EA's first NHL attempt on the Wii (I believe this is number 3 for 2K).

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
I was expectin (much) more! I don't really notice WM+ support that much.

Too bad to see what 2K hockey has become
frown.gif

2K3, 2K4 (ESPN NHL Hockey) and 2K5 ruled and are still the best hockey games ever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality