Wii #2110 - The Last Airbender (Toys"R"Us Special Edition) (

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    ^^wiirelease-4266^^

2. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    looks pretty booty

3. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    Look at inset. Totally wrong. From the cartoon, he supposed to have half bald with pony tail. This game and from the movie isn't. What wrong with the director ? GEEZ!

4. silkyskeeter

Member silkyskeeter GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The movie is supposed to be Hollywood's take on the Avatar and btw you are wrong. Aang was fully bald when they found him encased in ice at the beginning of the series. He grew the hair you speak of as the show's seasons came and went to the point he had a full head of hair by the last season (or atleast by the last season I seen. (Not sure if the show is still going)). So nothing is wrong with the director, that's how it was in the Nickelodeon cartoon. Someone needs to go back and watch the first episode. Or were you talking about Zuko (which the actor has shaved sides and a ponytail, just not completely bald (maybe he wasnt willing to go completely bald for the part?) Honestly I wash they would've kept the asian guy that was originally supposed to play Zuko (from the early trailers or atleast I think he was asian xD))? Eitherway, the movie looks promising. That reminds me. Didn't the movie come out yesterday? I need to see if the IMAX here has it.

The movie looks like it is gonna be awesome. This game? Not so much.

5. DunkrWunkah

Member DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

United States
    Movie sucks, dont waste your time on it.

6. silkyskeeter

Canada
    Yeah, that's what I am hearing. After I posted that I looked up some viewer reviews of the movie and 90% have been bad so far, but mostly because ppl were harping about the casting for the characters and the changing of story from a fan point of view. I never really was a fan of the series, mostly because it is Amerimanga style and I cant stand Nonasian shows that try to look and feel like anime. I dunno I might still go see it. it might be a good movie to someone that isnt a fan or doesnt already know the story(Because Hollywood normally completely changes the story anyway for movies based off fictional cartoon or comic characters). I need something to get out of the house for anyway but I will look at a few more viewer reviews before I make a final verdict on whether to go or not. It's not like IMAX is cheap.

7. DunkrWunkah

Member DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

United States
    If you need something to do, then I would suggest a movie. Not this sorry excuse for one.

8. silkyskeeter

Canada
    Point taken. After thorough research and viewing, I have decided I will not waste money on this movie and will just wait for it to come in non3D and watch a shitty cam of it off some site. But I have to say this video stood out the most in all the videos I watched. It was freaking hillarious.

9. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    No, I am not talking about little boy. I am talking about this guy with strange left eye and half bald with pony tail. That what I am talking about.

Look at the left flying guy:

[​IMG]

10. Apex

Member Apex GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    These games are never as good as the movies.

(Hehehe.)

11. silkyskeeter

Canada
    I see, his name is Zuko. I seen your point after I posted that. Alot of ppl, that went to see the movie, complained so much about the look of that character and the fact that he was casted as the indian from Slumdog Millionaire.

12. Quanno

Member Quanno GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Isn't it a good thing to have a few things changed? Why watch the movie if it's exactly the same as the series?

13. arogance1

Member arogance1 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Because it is possibly the greatest cartoon series in the last 10 years and deserved a decent movie.
    It could and should have been great, and it sounds like they went the same way as Dragonball

14. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Alice In Wonderland & G-Force were better than the movies.

They were still kinda average though. From what I've read this film is a wreck so the game can't be as bad...can it?

15. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Sorry to say , but the game may be better :/

16. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    1. Why watch? Because it's LIVE ACTION (but it doesn't really matter because the movie is utter crap).
    2. It's not good when all the acting is HORRIBLE, and the charm of some characters seem to have been killed.
    3. THEY MISPRONOUNCED THE MAIN CHARACTER'S NAME FOR F**KS SAKE.

I haven't watched the whole movie (piracy ftw), but this person speaks the truth.

(although I kinda disagree with his point about Megan Fox [​IMG])

17. Raylene2K7

Member Raylene2K7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jamaica
    Thank god I'm not a kid these days!

We had way cooler stuff in the 80s, like:

[​IMG]

18. silkyskeeter

Canada
    I just seen the movie and I have to say, you ppl need to lighten up. The movie wasnt THAT bad (in fact, it can be called good in comparison to other movies of its kind). The only problems I had with the movie was the main actor that played Aang (Dear god they needed to teach that boy how to show emotion in his dialog. Majority of the time it just seemed like he was reading off a prompter) and the pacing was way too sped up, events that should have been in the movie to establish the main characters was nonexistant.

As far as everything else that ppl complained about, that is laughable and PURELY fan driven bias that the story didnt follow the image they thought the show should look if ever done in live action. The CG visuals were pretty good, ALOT better than other kids movies of this caliber (Spy Kids, Race to Which Mountain, Sky High, Harry Potter (Hell any of them)..... (do I even need to go on?)).

As far as the issue with the actors pronouncing Aang's name as "Ong", look at it this way. The whole show's look, and story is HEAVILY influenced by asian cultures. Taking that fictional aspect and putting it in a live action standing would warrant the pronunciations to be changed to that of the dialect that greatly influenced the creation of that story. (which technically, would the be correct way to pronounce Aang in any dialect besides American English)

Then as far as the whole, "Omg the whole fire nation is Hindi or Indian", that is just fanboy/girl ignorance. If you REALLY wanna put a nationality to that Nickelodeon show, then you would have to pretty much make the whole cast either Asian, Hawaiian or Alaskan. Because that is the nationalities that everyone looks in the show. The choices for the nationalities of the tribes make sense in a way (without making multinationalities in a tribe) (But in my own personal opinion: to make it more believable, I would have made the Earth tribe black or African, the Water tribe Alaskan, I would keep the Fire tribe Indian (because, for some, reason it just looks good on screen as them being Indian), and the Wind tribe, since they resemble the monks in Tibet, Tibetan. Just my opinion.)

With all that said. It wasnt as SHIT as ppl made it out to be (thank god I have my own mind). But, at the same time, I never cared for the show because it was just Americans trying to make a show that resembled Anime so I really didnt have high expectations for that movie, but I did watch enough of the first season to understand what was going on, what they took out and what they changed.