Wii #2064 - Green Day Rock Band (Europe)

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
When Beatles Rockband came out I couldn't wait to play it, but this I will avoid like the plague! I hate Greenday! It sounds like children's pop tunes. Just because you use distortion guitars and put gel in your hair and have some eyeliner it doesn't make you a punk band. American Girls = Why don't you get a job (offspring) = Ob la di ob la da....

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like some Green Days songs, I can happily listen to the singles album (especially seeing it has nothing from the last album on it) but as I said before, they're not a landmark band and therefore don't deservere a game.

Following The Beatles is just stupid, regardless of whether you like that band, they've done big things and are iconic. Green Day aren't even that popular now.

The natural thing to do is get Queen, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Rolling Stones etc.

Still if you want to play lots of Green Day songs then I guess there is no harm in this game. Harmonix put effort in there games so another game made with quality in mind is better than the shit we usually get.

taktularCBo said:
Wow! GREAT, can't wait to play it!!! but where is Mario galaxy Pal?
Doubt we'll see an very early release of it seeing the US version has been dumped.

hey_suburbia

Do The Lizard Bop
Trophies
Website
www.hungrylizards.net
XP
Country
United States
I made a custom Rock Band guitar tutorial to make your own Billie Joe (1994 Fender w/ Stickers), pretty quick and easy project:
http://www.wiinintendo.net/2010/06/05/d-i-...band-green-day/
IMG_2654-450x600.jpg

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:
When Beatles Rockband came out I couldn't wait to play it, but this I will avoid like the plague! I hate Greenday! It sounds like children's pop tunes. Just because you use distortion guitars and put gel in your hair and have some eyeliner it doesn't make you a punk band. American Girls = Why don't you get a job (offspring) = Ob la di ob la da....

I feel the exact opposite. I have an extremely large & eclectic music collection but it contains absolutely no Beatles albums. I find them awfully bland and highly overrated.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no wi-fi.... well at least TB:RB is better then this (i'm not a green day fan through..) but i'll still get it once the nstc version gets leaked LOL

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gaydrian said:
I like some Green Days songs, I can happily listen to the singles album (especially seeing it has nothing from the last album on it) but as I said before, they're not a landmark band and therefore don't deservere a game.

Following The Beatles is just stupid, regardless of whether you like that band, they've done big things and are iconic. Green Day aren't even that popular now.

The natural thing to do is get Queen, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Rolling Stones etc.

Still if you want to play lots of Green Day songs then I guess there is no harm in this game. Harmonix put effort in there games so another game made with quality in mind is better than the shit we usually get.

I suggest Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits for GH
yay.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaydrian said:

Pretty much my thoughts. Although I think there's no Led Zepplin songs, band game, or DLC because of some copyright stuff.

I still need to get a band set for my Wii though. I just don't really have the money and I don't know if I have the room in my room.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't think Green Day has enough good songs as to create a complete RB, I'll still get it tho, and the idea of customizing my guitar controller is circuling around my mind for ages now, I just don't have the time to paint it and thinks like that...!!

opertinicy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it just me, or does the engine on here feel inferior to RB2? also the audio quality sounds like crap...imho, better off just releasing the songs as DLCs..

lonegreyride

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The part that gets me about this is that Green Day is basically two different bands. I'm sure there are a lot of people who love it all, but early-90s Greed Day is pretty much the polar opposite of what they are now. I'd love to play stuff from Insomniac and earlier, but I wouldn't waste my time with the American Idiot or newer stuff. I'm sure there are quite a few people who are the opposite way.

That being said, people need to learn to understand that not every game is made with 100% of videogamers in mind as the target audience. If you don't like Green Day, this game obviously isn't for you. I have to laugh every time I hear someone say the Beatles didn't deserve a rockband, or that they're just not that good... this is pure ignorance, the Beatles are the most important musical group of the last century. Period. You lose.

I think the hard thing for developers working on these games is that people aren't as into music as they used to be (at least not in the same way). There really are no icons any more. Years ago... a band would go 2 or 3 years without releasing an album, and fans would be salivating waiting for the next one. These days, you go more than a year without releasing an album, and everyone forgets you exist. Besides that, audiences are more divided than ever. When the Beatles came out, they could be so big because there weren't that many different types of music on the radio. Basically old people music and young people music. If you listened to young people music, there was probably a 95% chance you'd listen to the Beatles (At least after a few years). Now for every person who loves a song, there are probably 5 or 6 more wasting their time and energy expressing their intense hatred for it.

Times have changed... .So have Green Day.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its got a nice selection from dookie, but thats the best you get from "real" green day. i got the 360 version, its worth it for the dookie songs.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Track list incase anyone is intrested

Dookie (1994)
"Burnout"
"Having a Blast"
"Chump"
"Longview"
"Welcome to Paradise"
"Pulling Teeth"
"Basket Case"
"She"
"Sassafrass Roots"
"When I Come Around"
"Coming Clean"
"Emenius Sleepus"
"In the End"
"F.O.D."
Milton Keynes

American Idiot (2004)
"American Idiot"
"Jesus of Suburbia"
"Holiday"
"Boulevard of Broken Dreams"
"Are We the Waiting"
"St. Jimmy"
"Give Me Novacaine"
"She's a Rebel"
"Extraordinary Girl"
"Letterbomb"
"Wake Me Up When September Ends"
"Homecoming"
"Whatsername"

Warning (2000)
"Minority"
"Warning"

Nimrod (1997)
"Hitchin' a Ride"
"Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)"
"Nice Guys Finish Last"

Insomniac (1995)
"Brain Stew"
"Jaded"
"Geek Stink Breath"
The Fox Theater, Oakland

21st Century Breakdown (2009)
"Song of the Century"
"21st Century Breakdown"
"Before the Lobotomy"
"Last Night on Earth"
"Peacemaker"
"Murder City"
"¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)"
"Restless Heart Syndrome"
"Horseshoes and Handgrenades"
"The Static Age"
"American Eulogy"
"See the Light"

Downloadable Content (not included)
"21 Guns"
"Know Your Enemy"
"East Jesus Nowhere"
"Last of the American Girls"
"¡Viva La Gloria!"
"Christian's Inferno"

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
D34DL1N3R said:
berlinka said:

I feel the exact opposite. I have an extremely large & eclectic music collection but it contains absolutely no Beatles albums. I find them awfully bland and highly overrated.
You may find them "highly overrated" but they pretty much invented everything in pop music there is to invent. It's the same as saying that Watt, who invented the steam engine is highly overrated because we now have electricity....booooohh...

I can't feel Green Day having contributed something memorable to pop music in general.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv