Wii #2064 - Green Day Rock Band (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by T-hug, Jun 7, 2010.

Jun 7, 2010
  1. T-hug
    OP

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    ^^wiirelease-4196^^

2. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    OMG I was just thinking of looking for a new rockband/gh that I don't have and this appears, cheers for the news Thug

3. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    When Beatles Rockband came out I couldn't wait to play it, but this I will avoid like the plague! I hate Greenday! It sounds like children's pop tunes. Just because you use distortion guitars and put gel in your hair and have some eyeliner it doesn't make you a punk band. American Girls = Why don't you get a job (offspring) = Ob la di ob la da....

4. taktularCBo

Member taktularCBo GBAtemp Fan

France
    Wow! GREAT, can't wait to play it!!! but where is Mario galaxy Pal?

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I like some Green Days songs, I can happily listen to the singles album (especially seeing it has nothing from the last album on it) but as I said before, they're not a landmark band and therefore don't deservere a game.

Following The Beatles is just stupid, regardless of whether you like that band, they've done big things and are iconic. Green Day aren't even that popular now.

The natural thing to do is get Queen, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Rolling Stones etc.

Still if you want to play lots of Green Day songs then I guess there is no harm in this game. Harmonix put effort in there games so another game made with quality in mind is better than the shit we usually get.

Doubt we'll see an very early release of it seeing the US version has been dumped.

6. unknownsoul

Newcomer unknownsoul Advanced Member

United States
    Ugh school isn't over for me yet and I still have shit to do. This will have to wait.

7. hey_suburbia

Member hey_suburbia Do The Lizard Bop

United States
  8. D34DL1N3R

Member D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    I feel the exact opposite. I have an extremely large & eclectic music collection but it contains absolutely no Beatles albums. I find them awfully bland and highly overrated.

9. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    no wi-fi.... well at least TB:RB is better then this (i'm not a green day fan through..) but i'll still get it once the nstc version gets leaked LOL

10. elmariachi

Member elmariachi GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I suggest Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits for GH [​IMG]

11. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Pretty much my thoughts. Although I think there's no Led Zepplin songs, band game, or DLC because of some copyright stuff.

I still need to get a band set for my Wii though. I just don't really have the money and I don't know if I have the room in my room.

12. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    I don't think Green Day has enough good songs as to create a complete RB, I'll still get it tho, and the idea of customizing my guitar controller is circuling around my mind for ages now, I just don't have the time to paint it and thinks like that...!!

13. opertinicy

Newcomer opertinicy Newbie

United States
    is it just me, or does the engine on here feel inferior to RB2? also the audio quality sounds like crap...imho, better off just releasing the songs as DLCs..

14. tdinz8282

Newcomer tdinz8282 Newbie

United States
    this game is going to be hard there songs are so fast pace

15. lonegreyride

Newcomer lonegreyride Advanced Member

Canada
    The part that gets me about this is that Green Day is basically two different bands. I'm sure there are a lot of people who love it all, but early-90s Greed Day is pretty much the polar opposite of what they are now. I'd love to play stuff from Insomniac and earlier, but I wouldn't waste my time with the American Idiot or newer stuff. I'm sure there are quite a few people who are the opposite way.

That being said, people need to learn to understand that not every game is made with 100% of videogamers in mind as the target audience. If you don't like Green Day, this game obviously isn't for you. I have to laugh every time I hear someone say the Beatles didn't deserve a rockband, or that they're just not that good... this is pure ignorance, the Beatles are the most important musical group of the last century. Period. You lose.

I think the hard thing for developers working on these games is that people aren't as into music as they used to be (at least not in the same way). There really are no icons any more. Years ago... a band would go 2 or 3 years without releasing an album, and fans would be salivating waiting for the next one. These days, you go more than a year without releasing an album, and everyone forgets you exist. Besides that, audiences are more divided than ever. When the Beatles came out, they could be so big because there weren't that many different types of music on the radio. Basically old people music and young people music. If you listened to young people music, there was probably a 95% chance you'd listen to the Beatles (At least after a few years). Now for every person who loves a song, there are probably 5 or 6 more wasting their time and energy expressing their intense hatred for it.

Times have changed... .So have Green Day.

16. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    its got a nice selection from dookie, but thats the best you get from "real" green day. i got the 360 version, its worth it for the dookie songs.

17. Pop006

Member Pop006 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
  18. BudFern

Member BudFern GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm kinda stoked for this game. They have a lot of great songs, [​IMG]

19. smash_brew

Member smash_brew I may or may not have fallen

United States
    Track list incase anyone is intrested

Warning: Spoilers inside!

20. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    You may find them "highly overrated" but they pretty much invented everything in pop music there is to invent. It's the same as saying that Watt, who invented the steam engine is highly overrated because we now have electricity....booooohh...

I can't feel Green Day having contributed something memorable to pop music in general.