Wii #2047 - Super Mario Galaxy 2 (USA)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Been playing for 2 days now.

The start of the game is very simple, after a few stars the game expands in a big way.
It looks absolutely AWESOME. The camera moves like in a block buster movie.
Just play and enjoy, sometimes very hard, but never to hard.
Mario is just as cool as ever, witout being cocky. ( not like sonic, lol ).

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
holoflame said:
Cannot find it on the internet.

Does someone know if it is already downloadable?

Yup, on a forum with Wii and ISO in it's name, and you can give out loads of respect.
rolleyes.gif

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
ChuckBartowski said:
Will just one person explain to me why they only use full dumps? It makes no difference whatsoever.
Because people archive the scene releases. Nobody wants to archive some bastardised p2p, scrubbed rip.

You can still scrub a copy of it before putting it on your usb hd/sdhc and retain the original rars for archive purposes.

When you download a scene release you know that (99% of the time) it will be a perfectly working release. Download a p2p abortion and it could be anything.

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
George Dawes said:
ChuckBartowski said:
Will just one person explain to me why they only use full dumps? It makes no difference whatsoever.
Because people archive the scene releases. Nobody wants to archive some bastardised p2p, scrubbed rip.

You can still scrub a copy of it before putting it on your usb hd/sdhc and retain the original rars for archive purposes.

When you download a scene release you know that (99% of the time) it will be a perfectly working release. Download a p2p abortion and it could be anything.
And just to add to that, there's a widely held belief that Nintendo has the ability to check the empty space between partitions (encrypted garbage data) if they so choose to. With a release that's been scrubbed at any point, that data will be replaced with FF, and if Nintendo does have the ability to read the garbage data they would be able to detect this as a copied game and to halt the game. So this is a big reason why people like 1:1 scene releases: so that if Nintendo does make that move, they have a proper untouched copy that won't fail the garbage data check.

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats with the "trick" to make the game work on USB loaders, setting the game to english...? shouldnt we able to play the game in french ? I am sure this NTSC release got french, just like the others Nintendo games before... I keep getting a black screen when I launch the game even though I have ios56, 002 fix etc... my only option left to try is change from default language (french in my case) to english and see if that solves it... but I thought that is very strange...

anyways, maybe this release doesnt have this problem??

pouetpouet23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ringorinfret said:
Whats with the "trick" to make the game work on USB loaders, setting the game to english...? shouldnt we able to play the game in french ? I am sure this NTSC release got french, just like the others Nintendo games before... I keep getting a black screen when I launch the game even though I have ios56, 002 fix etc... my only option left to try is change from default language (french in my case) to english and see if that solves it... but I thought that is very strange...

anyways, maybe this release doesnt have this problem??

I'm playing the game in French and I've had no problems.
My wii was softmodded a long time ago so not sure which ios is installed...

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Lakerfanalways said:
l Red l said:
Lakerfanalways said:
naglaro00 said:
Lakerfanalways said:
Ok now can someone explain to me the difference between this one and the smg2-ind one that has been around all weekend..is the smg2-ind one the real deal or is this one..I already started playing it luckilly I was only on world 1 so I wont miss much if I have to do this again
The ind releases are real.

yeah but on abgx it said it was nuked..so really what is the difference between this one and that one?
The ind release was a repack of the scrubbed version that was circulating. It was made to look like a full dump but it actually wasn't. Once you extracted the iso from the rars, you could open it in wiiscrubber and see that update partition was missing. This one, on the other hand, is a full dump.

its a good thing I hardly played the game yet..only went through one world..downloading this game now and will start playing it tomorrow!

This is identical to what you already have besides being 1:1 with update, you can continue your game

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been enjoying this game alot.
And the visuals are stunning. Sometimes I could swear they rival HD (Maybe it's just the artistic creativity).

Puzzles are new.

I can't fathom why people say "WHY DOES SMG GET A FREE PASS"
Well, darnit. It deserves it.
It's a fun game.
It needs not blood, obscenities, boobs (though I sorely miss Rosalina), or anything that comes alongside your generic, "M" rated game.

It's just darn good puzzle/platformer fun.

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ViRGE said:
George Dawes said:
ChuckBartowski said:

And just to add to that, there's a widely held belief that Nintendo has the ability to check the empty space between partitions (encrypted garbage data) if they so choose to. With a release that's been scrubbed at any point, that data will be replaced with FF, and if Nintendo does have the ability to read the garbage data they would be able to detect this as a copied game and to halt the game. So this is a big reason why people like 1:1 scene releases: so that if Nintendo does make that move, they have a proper untouched copy that won't fail the garbage data check.

you don't rly think nintendo will ever do that as they have just released their biggest game yet without any decent AP ...

they are proly too bussy working on their next console and gave up on Wii.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jockel said:
Lakerfanalways said:
its a good thing I hardly played the game yet..only went through one world..downloading this game now and will start playing it tomorrow!
i lol'd.
You DO know that savegames don't get saved on the DVD, right?
blink.gif

Yeah had a brain freeze there..I just wasn't sure if I should get this one or continue playing the one I already have now..if there was any difference between the two

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ViRGE said:
George Dawes said:
ChuckBartowski said:

Come on dude! Seriously? "Download a p2p abortion and it could be anything." If its confirmed working then HOW THE HELL DON'T YOU KNOW?! A " bastardised/nuked/aborted scene release" is confirmed working then the only reason why anyone would wait around for a scene release is so they can look cool at nerd camp that summer.

If the game works and all is playable, I'll take whatever release gets out there first. If you wait for a scene release for "archive" purposes, you're glad (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Bazildon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bazildon.com
XP
Country
Just in case anyone was wondering.....

It's a great game. If you liked the first one (which you should) then this is more of the same - which aint no bad thing. Decent Wii games don't come along too often and this one is well worth the d/l or dvd or usb disc space or whatever...hell I think I'm gonna go buy it - when it hits UK!

Tis a bit less polished and a bit more "buggy" than the first one...still the first decent Wii release in fecking ages though. Please can we have another decent game this year please Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things