Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Kafluke said:
Come on dude! Seriously? "Download a p2p abortion and it could be anything." If its confirmed working then HOW THE HELL DON'T YOU KNOW?!
"Confirmed working"? Why should I have to confirm anything? Scene release comes out and it's safe enough to presume it works fine. p2p fsckup = have to confirm. no thanks.

QUOTE said:
is so they can look cool at nerd camp that summer.
Or maybe you didn't hear me the first time, people archive them. Just like they archived N64, PSX, SNES and Megadrive releases

QUOTE said:
If the game works and all is playable, I'll take whatever release gets out there first.
I'm sure you would - some people are happy to settle for shit, others prefer quality.

If you wait for a scene release for "archive" purposes, you're glad (not that there's anything wrong with that)
And so if there is nothing wrong with it, why even mention it?

If you settle for a p2p wankstain then you got abused by your family as a child (not that there's anything wrong with that)

DYS?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
George Dawes said:
QUOTE said:
If the game works and all is playable, I'll take whatever release gets out there first.
I'm sure you would - some people are happy to settle for shit, others prefer quality.QUOTEIf you wait for a scene release for "archive" purposes, you're glad (not that there's anything wrong with that)
And so if there is nothing wrong with it, why even mention it?

If you settle for a p2p wankstain then you got abused by your family as a child (not that there's anything wrong with that)

DYS?
1. I think you're the only one who's "archiving" Wii ISOs here. Personally, I delete my ISOs once I know that I've burned a good copy.
2. Yes, you still need to confirm if it works when you burn a 1:1 copy (you never know, you might've screwed up burning it or something)
3. How the hell is THE SAME GAME shittier if the only difference is unnoticable data that only purists care about?
4. iND=Independent=P2P. A lot of P2P sites carry 1:1 ISOs (and clearly mark them as such), so you're saying that even if you have a untouched copy, it's still a wankstain.
5. Get off my lawn, you troll.

Alfa-h

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elmariachi said:
ViRGE said:
George Dawes said:
ChuckBartowski said:
Will just one person explain to me why they only use full dumps? It makes no difference whatsoever.
Because people archive the scene releases. Nobody wants to archive some bastardised p2p, scrubbed rip.

You can still scrub a copy of it before putting it on your usb hd/sdhc and retain the original rars for archive purposes.

When you download a scene release you know that (99% of the time) it will be a perfectly working release. Download a p2p abortion and it could be anything.
And just to add to that, there's a widely held belief that Nintendo has the ability to check the empty space between partitions (encrypted garbage data) if they so choose to. With a release that's been scrubbed at any point, that data will be replaced with FF, and if Nintendo does have the ability to read the garbage data they would be able to detect this as a copied game and to halt the game. So this is a big reason why people like 1:1 scene releases: so that if Nintendo does make that move, they have a proper untouched copy that won't fail the garbage data check.

you don't rly think nintendo will ever do that as they have just released their biggest game yet without any decent AP ...

they are proly too bussy working on their next console and gave up on Wii.

I dont really think that, that would have been inmature from them, ass they have two mayor releases to come, metroid other m and new zelda, what I think, is that they realized that they might do a game wich everybody should have know in the future, and they already assured a certain money in the pocket being a sequel. So they did this game as a legacy I think, mainly to show everybody that nintendo can do classic games even in these days, and they are letting everybody one of its finnest games to date, just to show us who are nintendo. I have finished the game, truly a masterpiece, I havent enjoyed a game like this since mario bros 3, and OoT, and hell yeah, I actually think this game surpases OoT, but in the end, everybody decide for its own personal taste. I am buying it dudes, I havent feel like it never until now. You bought me this time nintendo.

Smogen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
QUOTE said:
is so they can look cool at nerd camp that summer.
Or maybe you didn't hear me the first time, people archive them. Just like they archived N64, PSX, SNES and Megadrive releases

QUOTEIf the game works and all is playable, I'll take whatever release gets out there first.
I'm sure you would - some people are happy to settle for shit, others prefer quality.

N64, PSX, SNES and Megadrive games don't have 3+GB of junk data. If you truly do want to archive Wii games why would you want your HD to be filled with 50%+ of junk data? I can sorta see getting the scene release to do your own scrub but past that its purely an epeen thing. Look at NSMB Wii, that game is like 350mb of actual data and over 4gigs of junk....why would you want the 4 gigs of junk.

I downloaded the original release of SMG2 that came out and it works perfect, how that is considered shit I don't know. Sorta seems like you're trying to be outrageous for no reason.

In regards to the discussion about Nintendo being able to check the junk data between partitions.....most of the anti piracy measure released from Nintendo are cracked inside a week so who cares? The crackers are much better at doing than what they do than Nintendos anti piracy department. Keep up the good work guys!

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
ViRGE said:
And just to add to that, there's a widely held belief that Nintendo has the ability to check the empty space between partitions (encrypted garbage data) if they so choose to. With a release that's been scrubbed at any point, that data will be replaced with FF, and if Nintendo does have the ability to read the garbage data they would be able to detect this as a copied game and to halt the game.

I've never heard so much crap in my whole life.
laugh.gif

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
berlinka said:
ViRGE said:
And just to add to that, there's a widely held belief that Nintendo has the ability to check the empty space between partitions (encrypted garbage data) if they so choose to. With a release that's been scrubbed at any point, that data will be replaced with FF, and if Nintendo does have the ability to read the garbage data they would be able to detect this as a copied game and to halt the game.

I've never heard so much crap in my whole life.
laugh.gif
If you disagree with me, by all means I'd like to hear why. Just calling it crap isn't saying much.

The fact of that matter is that the garbage data is still signed, encrypted data. It should be possible to try to check whether it's still there, which wouldn't be the case for a scrubbed game.

AWESOME_noob

Trophies
XP
Country
The only way Nintendo could check the 'garbage' data is if you update... If that started to happen im sure word would go around not to update..... simples! Same think happened with Xbox 360 when Modern Warfare 2 came out.. People just didnt use the modded Xbox for online...

Waiting for the PAL release of this game...

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
YayMii said:
1. I think you're the only one who's "archiving" Wii ISOs here. Personally, I delete my ISOs once I know that I've burned a good copy.
Good for you, lots of other people delete them too. And other people archive them. Checked a site like underground-gamer recently? All those scene releases from the 90s archived.

QUOTE said:
2. Yes, you still need to confirm if it works when you burn a 1:1 copy (you never know, you might've screwed up burning it or something)
I'm not a halfwit, I'm capable of burning a disc without screwing it up.

QUOTE said:
3. How the hell is THE SAME GAME shittier if the only difference is unnoticable data that only purists care about?
Eh? When you get from p2p you never know if it is the same game or not - see the SMG2 threads where people have been having the game crash on them. They then download another release and it works fine. But everything on p2p is rosy and the same as a decent scene rip. tit.

QUOTE4. iND=Independent=P2P.
Are you on drugs? IND = Independent of a release group. Plenty of people in the scene put out releases using IND (if you were old enough you'd remember groups like GBL (gameboy lamers) or MUPS (most ugly playstation sceners) that served the same purpose - put something out without it affecting yur prper groups reputation).

A lot of P2P sites carry 1:1 ISOs (and clearly mark them as such), so you're saying that even if you have a untouched copy, it's still a wankstain.
What I'm saying is, that because it comes from a torrent site you never know if the game is good or not. torrent sites aren't generally used by the brightest people in the world, and they tend to upload any old shite.

If you are happy downloading from there (or you don't have access to anywhere better) fair enough, but don't try to claim it's quality when it is the end of the chain.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

Eh? When you get from p2p you never know if it is the same game or not - see the SMG2 threads where people have been having the game crash on them. They then download another release and it works fine. But everything on p2p is rosy and the same as a decent scene rip. tit.

Dude, listen. Calm down. You have YET to give me a compelling argument for archiving "Pure scene releases" vs. a confirmed working nuke.

You keep throwing the same regurgitated argument at me that there is all kinds of crap on these nuked releases yadda yadda yadda. You just cant seem to understand one simple concept but I'm going to spell it out for you so its simple to comprehend:

Nobody but purests give a shite about the "extra crap" that is taken off of a CONFIRMED WORKING GAME DUMPS WITHOUT PROBLEMS (in other words its the same bloody game you tard!)

I do archive a lot of my games. But I'm not stupid enough when given the opportunity to choose between saving a copy of NSMB that is 350mb (and yes, the FULL game works without problems) to my hard drive or a 4.3gb version to choose the big one. I always prefer saving space on my archive drive. Doesn't that just make common sense?

QUOTEWhat I'm saying is, that because it comes from a torrent site you never know if the game is good or not. torrent sites aren't generally used by the brightest people in the world, and they tend to upload any old shite.

If you are happy downloading from there (or you don't have access to anywhere better) fair enough, but don't try to claim it's quality when it is the end of the chain.

Again, none of this matters if you there are comments in the torrent or the nzb page from users that say "I have downloaded this and it works". If you have half a brain to check on things before downloading then you won't get crap.

I do agree with you though that you can sure get some garbage through P2P. I don't use P2P because my kids will download spyware on my system but if you are intelligent enough to be careful you can do just find with all the nukes that are out there.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Kafluke said:
Nobody but purests give a shite about the "extra crap" that is taken off of a CONFIRMED WORKING GAME DUMPS WITHOUT PROBLEMS (in other words its the same bloody game you tard!)
And nobody cares abut what you think, which is why the scene release full isos, and the crap you download is confined to webwares torrent sites that are used by bottom feeders.

QUOTEAgain, none of this matters if you there are comments in the torrent or the nzb page from users that say "I have downloaded this and it works". If you have half a brain to check on things before downloading then you won't get crap.
If you had a half a brain to download the scene release then you wouldn't have to rely on comments (from braindead p2p users at that) to know if a game works.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already told you. It's a simple procedure really

1. Check whats available
2. Whatever comes out first check to see if it works
3. If it works, your done.

See how easy that was? Nothing you say about being a bottom feeder or downloading crap changes the fact that I have a fully working playable game that I can archive somewhere and take up less space SOONER than your precious scene release.

You don't have a leg to stand on. All the reasons you give for waiting for a scene release other than you just want to be a huge geek (not that there's anything wrong with that) are hollow and easily answered. End of debate

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
George Dawes said:
Kafluke said:
And nobody cares abut what you think, which is why the scene release full isos, and the crap you download is confined to webwares torrent sites that are used by bottom feeders.

QUOTEAgain, none of this matters if you there are comments in the torrent or the nzb page from users that say "I have downloaded this and it works". If you have half a brain to check on things before downloading then you won't get crap.
If you had a half a brain to download the scene release then you wouldn't have to rely on comments (from braindead p2p users at that) to know if a game works.

whats the problem? The game worked perfectly for everyone!
Who cares about the group which release it, most importantly is that its the real game and it works, gosh...

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
taktularCBo said:
George Dawes said:
Kafluke said:

whats the problem? The game worked perfectly for everyone!
Who cares about the group which release it, most importantly is that its the real game and it works, gosh...

See? Everyone else gets it.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:

I am floored by your arrogance. Wow. And they say us Texans are high-and-mighty.

I agree with the other people - scrubbed is better than the original. If you put your games on a HDD using WBFS, you end up with scrubbed images anyway.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Kafluke said:
See how easy that was? Nothing you say about being a bottom feeder or downloading crap changes the fact that I have a fully working playable game that I can archive somewhere and take up less space
And what good is your "archive"? in ten years time when people start looking for "retro" wii games to play they aren't going to want your scrubbed abortion. Look at all the scene archives of previous consoles. People seek them out for a reason.

You archive 1:1 copies, scrubbed releases are something some people download because it takes under 2mins to do so.

1:1 Archive.
Scrubbed = Delete.

DYS? You clearly don't, but again this is why you are stuck using p2p/webwares to get stuff and the scene has standards that you clearly don't meet.

Don't bother replying, I won't be reading - you are happy with low quality, you'll always be happy with it. Those of us that want quality will continue to seek it out whilst ignoring your kind.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, this is going to be too fun...
QUOTE said:
And what good is your "archive"? in ten years time when people start looking for "retro" wii games to play they aren't going to want your scrubbed abortion. Look at all the scene archives of previous consoles. People seek them out for a reason.

I don't care what other people are looking for in ten years... nerd.

QUOTE said:
scrubbed releases are something some people download because it takes under 2mins to do so.

oooh, where, where, links brotha, links!

QUOTE said:
1:1 Archive.
Scrubbed = Delete.

scrubbed = scrubbed you douche. Clearly your command of the English language leaves you wanting. What is "scrubbed" from the release is all the UNNEEDED data. Most people out there simply want to play the game (see reply to first quote for your obligatory statement)

QUOTEDYS? You clearly don't, but again this is why you are stuck using p2p/webwares to get stuff and the scene has standards that you clearly don't meet.

Please! Please for the love of God ignore me! (I'll send you an autographed Leonard Nimoy picture if you do)

You just made my day by excluding me from meeting the standards of the scene. My therapist told me that I had the strength to resist conforming but I didn't believe her.

Don't bother replying, I won't be reading - you are happy with low quality, you'll always be happy with it. Those of us that want quality will continue to seek it out whilst ignoring your kind.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
This post has been removed by a moderator.
Reason: You wasted your time

Good call!
smile.gif

On an actual related note. This game is pure genius. It is my opinion that we all owe it to Nintendo to go purchase this after we play it and like it. It's clear that they took action to notice where they screwed up on the first game fix it in this one. Then they went and got all crazy creative with the levels and the 3d and 2d. It just rocks and I'm glad to be playing a mario that I can respect again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s