Wii #2047 - Super Mario Galaxy 2 (USA)

Hielkenator

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2010
Messages
4,210
Trophies
0
XP
677
Country
Netherlands
Been playing for 2 days now.

The start of the game is very simple, after a few stars the game expands in a big way.
It looks absolutely AWESOME. The camera moves like in a block buster movie.
Just play and enjoy, sometimes very hard, but never to hard.
Mario is just as cool as ever, witout being cocky. ( not like sonic, lol ).
 

Satangel

BEAST
Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2006
Messages
10,289
Trophies
0
Age
29
Location
Bruges, Belgium
XP
1,376
Country
Belgium
holoflame said:
Cannot find it on the internet.

Does someone know if it is already downloadable?

Yup, on a forum with Wii and ISO in it's name, and you can give out loads of respect.
rolleyes.gif
 

George Dawes

Wanker
Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2009
Messages
687
Trophies
0
Location
your wife's corpus uteri
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
15
Country
Chad
ChuckBartowski said:
Will just one person explain to me why they only use full dumps? It makes no difference whatsoever.
Because people archive the scene releases. Nobody wants to archive some bastardised p2p, scrubbed rip.

You can still scrub a copy of it before putting it on your usb hd/sdhc and retain the original rars for archive purposes.

When you download a scene release you know that (99% of the time) it will be a perfectly working release. Download a p2p abortion and it could be anything.
 

ViRGE

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
372
Trophies
0
XP
619
Country
George Dawes said:
ChuckBartowski said:
Will just one person explain to me why they only use full dumps? It makes no difference whatsoever.
Because people archive the scene releases. Nobody wants to archive some bastardised p2p, scrubbed rip.

You can still scrub a copy of it before putting it on your usb hd/sdhc and retain the original rars for archive purposes.

When you download a scene release you know that (99% of the time) it will be a perfectly working release. Download a p2p abortion and it could be anything.
And just to add to that, there's a widely held belief that Nintendo has the ability to check the empty space between partitions (encrypted garbage data) if they so choose to. With a release that's been scrubbed at any point, that data will be replaced with FF, and if Nintendo does have the ability to read the garbage data they would be able to detect this as a copied game and to halt the game. So this is a big reason why people like 1:1 scene releases: so that if Nintendo does make that move, they have a proper untouched copy that won't fail the garbage data check.
 

ringorinfret

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2008
Messages
306
Trophies
0
XP
142
Country
United States
Whats with the "trick" to make the game work on USB loaders, setting the game to english...? shouldnt we able to play the game in french ? I am sure this NTSC release got french, just like the others Nintendo games before... I keep getting a black screen when I launch the game even though I have ios56, 002 fix etc... my only option left to try is change from default language (french in my case) to english and see if that solves it... but I thought that is very strange...

anyways, maybe this release doesnt have this problem??
 

pouetpouet23

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 14, 2008
Messages
16
Trophies
0
XP
81
Country
France
ringorinfret said:
Whats with the "trick" to make the game work on USB loaders, setting the game to english...? shouldnt we able to play the game in french ? I am sure this NTSC release got french, just like the others Nintendo games before... I keep getting a black screen when I launch the game even though I have ios56, 002 fix etc... my only option left to try is change from default language (french in my case) to english and see if that solves it... but I thought that is very strange...

anyways, maybe this release doesnt have this problem??

I'm playing the game in French and I've had no problems.
My wii was softmodded a long time ago so not sure which ios is installed...
 

tHciNc

Total Random
Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2006
Messages
860
Trophies
0
XP
1,300
Country
New Zealand
Lakerfanalways said:
l Red l said:
Lakerfanalways said:
naglaro00 said:
Lakerfanalways said:
Ok now can someone explain to me the difference between this one and the smg2-ind one that has been around all weekend..is the smg2-ind one the real deal or is this one..I already started playing it luckilly I was only on world 1 so I wont miss much if I have to do this again
The ind releases are real.

yeah but on abgx it said it was nuked..so really what is the difference between this one and that one?
The ind release was a repack of the scrubbed version that was circulating. It was made to look like a full dump but it actually wasn't. Once you extracted the iso from the rars, you could open it in wiiscrubber and see that update partition was missing. This one, on the other hand, is a full dump.

its a good thing I hardly played the game yet..only went through one world..downloading this game now and will start playing it tomorrow!

This is identical to what you already have besides being 1:1 with update, you can continue your game
 

Trulen

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2007
Messages
446
Trophies
0
XP
312
Country
United States
I've been enjoying this game alot.
And the visuals are stunning. Sometimes I could swear they rival HD (Maybe it's just the artistic creativity).

Puzzles are new.


I can't fathom why people say "WHY DOES SMG GET A FREE PASS"
Well, darnit. It deserves it.
It's a fun game.
It needs not blood, obscenities, boobs (though I sorely miss Rosalina), or anything that comes alongside your generic, "M" rated game.

It's just darn good puzzle/platformer fun.
 

elmariachi

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
290
Trophies
0
Location
Amsterdam
XP
41
Country
Netherlands
ViRGE said:
George Dawes said:
ChuckBartowski said:
Will just one person explain to me why they only use full dumps? It makes no difference whatsoever.
Because people archive the scene releases. Nobody wants to archive some bastardised p2p, scrubbed rip.

You can still scrub a copy of it before putting it on your usb hd/sdhc and retain the original rars for archive purposes.

When you download a scene release you know that (99% of the time) it will be a perfectly working release. Download a p2p abortion and it could be anything.
And just to add to that, there's a widely held belief that Nintendo has the ability to check the empty space between partitions (encrypted garbage data) if they so choose to. With a release that's been scrubbed at any point, that data will be replaced with FF, and if Nintendo does have the ability to read the garbage data they would be able to detect this as a copied game and to halt the game. So this is a big reason why people like 1:1 scene releases: so that if Nintendo does make that move, they have a proper untouched copy that won't fail the garbage data check.

you don't rly think nintendo will ever do that as they have just released their biggest game yet without any decent AP ...

they are proly too bussy working on their next console and gave up on Wii.
 

Lakerfanalways

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2009
Messages
887
Trophies
0
XP
340
Country
United States
Jockel said:
Lakerfanalways said:
its a good thing I hardly played the game yet..only went through one world..downloading this game now and will start playing it tomorrow!
i lol'd.
You DO know that savegames don't get saved on the DVD, right?
blink.gif

Yeah had a brain freeze there..I just wasn't sure if I should get this one or continue playing the one I already have now..if there was any difference between the two
 

Kafluke

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 6, 2006
Messages
5,474
Trophies
0
Age
45
XP
4,480
Country
United States
ViRGE said:
George Dawes said:
ChuckBartowski said:
Will just one person explain to me why they only use full dumps? It makes no difference whatsoever.
Because people archive the scene releases. Nobody wants to archive some bastardised p2p, scrubbed rip.

You can still scrub a copy of it before putting it on your usb hd/sdhc and retain the original rars for archive purposes.

When you download a scene release you know that (99% of the time) it will be a perfectly working release. Download a p2p abortion and it could be anything.
And just to add to that, there's a widely held belief that Nintendo has the ability to check the empty space between partitions (encrypted garbage data) if they so choose to. With a release that's been scrubbed at any point, that data will be replaced with FF, and if Nintendo does have the ability to read the garbage data they would be able to detect this as a copied game and to halt the game. So this is a big reason why people like 1:1 scene releases: so that if Nintendo does make that move, they have a proper untouched copy that won't fail the garbage data check.

Come on dude! Seriously? "Download a p2p abortion and it could be anything." If its confirmed working then HOW THE HELL DON'T YOU KNOW?! A " bastardised/nuked/aborted scene release" is confirmed working then the only reason why anyone would wait around for a scene release is so they can look cool at nerd camp that summer.

If the game works and all is playable, I'll take whatever release gets out there first. If you wait for a scene release for "archive" purposes, you're glad (not that there's anything wrong with that)
 

Bazildon

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
50
Trophies
0
Website
bazildon.com
XP
92
Country
Just in case anyone was wondering.....

It's a great game. If you liked the first one (which you should) then this is more of the same - which aint no bad thing. Decent Wii games don't come along too often and this one is well worth the d/l or dvd or usb disc space or whatever...hell I think I'm gonna go buy it - when it hits UK!

Tis a bit less polished and a bit more "buggy" than the first one...still the first decent Wii release in fecking ages though. Please can we have another decent game this year please Nintendo.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
    SacredMilkOG @ SacredMilkOG: lol