Wii #2041 - Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Europe)

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Cyan: As far as I could tell from my 10 minutes playtime the way the Prince and the Djinn met is explained within the adventure... Like when both talk to each other about what the Prince want and things like that.

Tha Wii-version has a standalone story somewhere after the SoT-Trilogy and the PC-Version plays between the first and the second game. That`s at least how I understood the relationship of the games
wink.gif

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
I like the fact that the Wii version is totally different game than the 360 & PS3 versions. But where the f... is the SNES bonus game? I can't find it browsing the menus.

lachinay

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You probably have to find it in the game, as a secret. It was that way in the gamecube versione of PoP: Sands of Time. Check gamefaqs if you really want to know...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Master Mo said:
@Cyan: As far as I could tell from my 10 minutes playtime the way the Prince and the Djinn met is explained within the adventure... Like when both talk to each other about what the Prince want and things like that.

Tha Wii-version has a standalone story somewhere after the SoT-Trilogy and the PC-Version plays between the first and the second game. That`s at least how I understood the relationship of the games
wink.gif
Ok, thank you
smile.gif

I played a little, they talked about the prince buying the djinn on a market, and helping him becoming famous and all.
That's just weird that popping out of the wall thing right at the start. I guess I'll have that explain later too.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I played it yesterday (finished it the same day) and, though it is not a bad game, there were some parts that I thought were somewhat of a let down. Mostly it were the really simple puzzles and bosses, the cheapness of the powers (once you have ghost hook and the magic hook powers you can practically skip three quarters of the challenges to come), and the total lack of sand powers (I mean come on, this game is in the sands verse). I did love the Mah level though, that was awesome.
Still now to play the xbox/playstation version.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Well it definitely beats every PoP experience you have on Nintendo this generation. Great visual design (overall, some textures are shockingly blurry), good use of the mote. Yeah, not too hard, but for me it's even better - I like my games to a be a relaxation, not sheer frustration.

portab1e

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lizard81288 said:
well, i burnt it to a disk, softmod and:

Uloader:
Starts up just fine, but after it goes to the final copyright screen, fades to black, and it doesn't fade in again, just black, and wii bricks
NeoGamma R8 RC3:
Starts up just fine, but after it goes to the final copyright screen, fades to black, and it doesn't fade in again, just black and wii bricks
If you have an ISO packed as RAR, and you also have 1 or more parity files (e.g. .par files) try using QuickPar to check the RAR is not corrupt and repair the RAR if it is (if you don't have .par files either try to find them or don't bother - read rest of this post). That was my initial problem, which caused the exact behaviour you describe.
However I can confirm that the European (PAL) version freezes/hangs just a short way into the game. It did this both when I loaded the ISO from a USB device with "Universal USB Loader" (version?), and also when I ran it from a Verbatim DVD-R (burnt at 2x of course) with NeoGamma (version?).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn