Wii #2041 - Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Europe)

0605053h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oliverlubbo said:
any good or is it your typical shit-house movie game?

damn, how many times do people have to say it?

this is not a 'movie game'!

it has nothing to do with the movie except for similar release dates

lachinay

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WTF? I've got an old wiikey. I have very recently upgraded to 4.2E, destroying the HBC in the process, but I don't care since I use the disc channel anyway and so far I managed to play everything.

Anyway, I popped the PoP:FS disc in and got a black screen that said something like "error 001: unauthorized device has been detected". Never happened before! In a panic I tried robooting; the game started and now it's working great. Maybe Nintendo has a new, mod-chip-sensing technology? I've never heard of anything like that before...

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lachinay said:
WTF? I've got an old wiikey. I have very recently upgraded to 4.2E, destroying the HBC in the process, but I don't care since I use the disc channel anyway and so far I managed to play everything.

Anyway, I popped the PoP:FS disc in and got a black screen that said something like "error 001: unauthorized device has been detected". Never happened before! In a panic I tried robooting; the game started and now it's working great. Maybe Nintendo has a new, mod-chip-sensing technology? I've never heard of anything like that before...
Error 001 is an old, old error that was first introduced with the first Super Mario Galaxy. It detected the majority of modchips, but a lot of the modchip makers released updates that bypassed the error. It take it you have version 1.9s of Wiikey v1.

lachinay

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In fact, I believe I do (although maybe it was an error 003? I'm not sure).

Anyway, if that's the case, how come I always played everything without problems? And why PoP itself decided to work (and keeps working) after a reboot? Beats me...

PS I remember i did upgrade the chip's firmware when the first SMG came out - 1.9s is the version that bypasses mario's protection, right?

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
lachinay said:
In fact, I believe I do (although maybe it was an error 003? I'm not sure).

Anyway, if that's the case, how come I always played everything without problems? And why PoP itself decided to work (and keeps working) after a reboot? Beats me...

PS I remember i did upgrade the chip's firmware when the first SMG came out - 1.9s is the version that bypasses mario's protection, right?

just download the latest Version on www.wiikey.cn/en/legacy/ it should solve your problem.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've installed DARKCORP 1.0 off IOS 222, as it was recommended. But I'm unable to play the game from thу burnt disc. It's recognized in the Disc Channel all right, but then after starting it up it is showing the black screen for a looong time, and then I get "An error occured" screen. I think, the problen is my Wii has a very-very-VERY old chip, like Ninja or Cyclo maybe- I'm not really sure as I bought it second-hand.
Is there a way to disable the chip and make the Wii use DARKCORP instead?

ecaraba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been playing this game last two days pretty good. did have problems with it freezing at first, though had it solved in an hour or so. not a usb person, do the whole disk thing and the softmod.

ecaraba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ibis_87 said:
I've installed DARKCORP 1.0 off IOS 222, as it was recommended. But I'm unable to play the game from th? burnt disc. It's recognized in the Disc Channel all right, but then after starting it up it is showing the black screen for a looong time, and then I get "An error occured" screen. I think, the problen is my Wii has a very-very-VERY old chip, like Ninja or Cyclo maybe- I'm not really sure as I bought it second-hand.
Is there a way to disable the chip and make the Wii use DARKCORP instead?
have the darkcorp ran off ios222 from hermesios222/223 cios249 R19 and wiibrickblocker on disc to disable update, don't have priiloader. works perfectly fine. been playing last two days. Since first came out.

lizard81288

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i burnt it to a disk, softmod and:

Uloader:
Starts up just fine, but after it goes to the final copyright screen, fades to black, and it doesn't fade in again, just black, and wii bricks

Backup Launcher:

Code Dump

NeoGamma R8 RC3:

Starts up just fine, but after it goes to the final copyright screen, fades to black, and it doesn't fade in again, just black and wii bricks

kind of sucks, never played a PoP game. i also have the latest stuffs since i got MHT working

B4N5H33

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lizard81288 said:
... and wii bricks (?!?!)
blink.gif

I assume you meant "crashed"...if games could brick your wii on purpose, we indeed reached a new level of copy protection ^^

DukeDizko

Trophies
XP
Country
So...jus' bein' curious... what's all this Darkcorp stuff about? I'm not so into it, any help appreciated. Is there a tool which enables me to see which ÂIOS(ses) are installed on my Wii so I can check wether I need this stuff? Thanks in advance...

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why doesn't anyone get this? it doesn't work when you use cIOS249 or 222/223/224. there are checks that stop the game from working if those are present. when you use darkcorp you are not using those cIOS's so therefore the game should work fine. I don't think the game cares if they are installed but it will not run from it.

Also from what I understand they only detect it by name. So changing the name would = win.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The game is way better then I expected it to be. It is pretty polished and good looking for a Wii game. But it is very much like PoP08 controls-wise. That`s not bad IMO but not as challenging as previous games. Combat reminds me of Zelda. I`d rather had the 1-on-1 battles of PoP08 but I still need to see how the elemental-powers change the combat. Great game
yaywii.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've a game related question (not a how to pirate it one
tongue.gif
).

At the start, the prince pop (aha!) out of the wall, without any explication, and he is with a djin.

Is that a direct sequel to another game ?
I didn't play the last one from Xbox, and didn't finish the 2 and 3 of the first Sand's trilogy.

It's really strange that the game starts like that, without an intro video. Did I miss something ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte