Wii #2034 - Iron Man 2 (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, May 5, 2010.

1. Chanser
    OP

Chanser :o

Jun 27, 2006
    Monaco
    ^^wiirelease-3775^^

2. Arm73

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 4, 2006
    Italy
    Switzerland
    Finally , my nephew is constantly asking me about this.....but I know it's bound to be shite.....

3. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Its High Voltage Software and its a quickly made game, would it be any good?

Its actually not bad at all, just not exactly anything better than average. Pretty much your cookie cutter 3rd person shooter but miles better than previous Iron Man games. Suffers from the same flaws as HVS's The Conduit (generic design, having to have to defeat a tedious amount of enemies to get out of a room and crap enemy AI).

Design is generic and so are the graphics, while not the worst on the Wii its nowhere near being the best. Iron Man has a sort of "mincing" walk on this so looks completely uncool. Sounds are again generic and the voice acting clearly sounds like its being done as a contract obligation rather than actors having a good time. Music...well here is that word again...Generic. Pretty much your bog standard "rawk" soundtrack, so boring that you'd hardly notice it.

Its worth a play while you wait for some other games and anyone who hasn't played Sin & Punishment 2 should go to that instead and maybe play this during a time where there isn't anything to play. Its hard to recommend this game to anyone, it just exists as a cash in but at least HVS has put effort into it despite its short dev time. In fact I wager that this wasn't done by the full team, they were probably working on various other games while a few temps did this but at least its not horrible.

5.5/10

4. jznomoney

jznomoney Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2006
    United States
    does anyone know the filename for this release?

5. Sefi

Sefi GBAtemp Fan

Jun 2, 2005
    hu-im2u

6. ContraNetworkHD

ContraNetworkHD GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2009
    Italy
  7. cacildo

cacildo Went and came back

Jan 20, 2009
    Burkina Faso
    Well, it is horrible in a sense that when you play it, you feel like you should spend your time doing better stuff.

But 5.5/10 is a rather coherent score for this game.

Ill keep it in my HD in case the kids come around.

8. Kevin242

Kevin242 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    I will add my 2 cents. Iron Man 2 is nothing earth shattering, but it controls well and is kinda fun to play if you aren't burned out of 3rd person shooters. Since I play mostly on the Wii I am not burned out of them. If I played xbox a lot or pc I probably wouldnt be very impressed.. as a Wii game of this type it's fun. It's worth burning, but it's not worth whatever it is retailing for unless you are a huge fan of Iron Man. I would say 15 bucks used is a fair price. I will probably finish this one if it doesnt get too frustrating, so that should tell you something... that is, unless I get my hands on Mario Galaxy 2 first..