Wii #1996 - Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Japan)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    ^^wiirelease-3670^^

1 person likes this.
  2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    The black box is a sad attempt to make it ominous...

3. fabi280

Member fabi280 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Its more a Rating Box.
    I think i have read about that some time Ago - Its just to make it visible with the first look that its a Mature Rated game.
    I dont think we need such boxes in germany - we have the big USK Sticker that takes like 1/4 of the whole box

4. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    I want to play it and purchase it. Awesome black box. It'd probably be too scary for me to play anyways.

5. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    this is correct but this particular game is for Teens not a Mature rated game Cero D would be Mature...
    i've played the US release of this game and found it to be a pretty good game in the series

6. 0605053h

Newcomer 0605053h Member

United Kingdom
    this cover looks a lot better than the white one. the girl doesnt have all the icicles hanging off her face and shit but still looks creepy.

7. taktularCBo

Member taktularCBo GBAtemp Fan

France
    Everyone should play this game, its just so much great! Beautiful Story, really creepy moments, atmosphere is confusing and sad...get this game..I even bought the Original after I played it through, to support the Developers to make again such a game for the wii.

8. antwill

Member antwill Better Than You

Australia
    And just how are you supporting the developers when they've already been paid and your money goes to the publishers?

9. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    That's why I try to send money directly to the people I think deserve it, not the rest of the bozos ripping off the actual peeps!

10. taktularCBo

France
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    you really don't know the industry...I study media-science and I work besides for a French publisher in Germany (psssssst..I will not tell which one). The Publisher ALWAYS give money to the developers, if the product sold good (around 20% - 25% of 6 Month). Besides, if Konami sees that none bought the game, they will not give the GO for an other silent Hill game and its that what i want.

You could tell me now, wtf are you doing here, if you work for the industry, first of all, its a student-job, second of all..Im not rich but if I download a game which is good (90% of the Wii Games are crap), I buy it.

11. antwill

Member antwill Better Than You

Australia
    Yes I know that, but something tells me that pretty much most of the massive Silent Hill fans won't buy this, and they still only prefer the Team Silent games to these new ones, which I can understand. Basically I just don't feel that this will sell all that well with the targeted demographic. But who knows I might be wrong.

12. taktularCBo

France
    I hope, cause this game is so much better than the last 3 silent hills! the last good one was silent hill 2.

shattered memories has so much good story... I mean I was almost crying at the end (I know Im french, but Im not gay and I don't eat frogs...if you're really in the story the ending was sad [​IMG] ), plus it was much more scary than any other silent hill..well, I suppose you're right, it will sell badly, what I heard from our
    marketing department (they get from different sources numbers how mucha game sold), it sold bad in europe so far. But I mean Konami didn't make any marketing (ads etc.) for this game in europe... [​IMG]