Wii #1994 - Step to the Beat (Europe)

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
The US release was called "Walk It Out"

It's actually not a bad game at all, for what it is. Lot's of exploration (kinda) and unlockables / collectables (kinda again), as well as upbeat music (for the most part...and a lot actually made by Konami themselves), fitness, and some challenge if you're rhythmically impaired (like me *cough cough*)!

Really my only gripe considering what the game was meant to be was that the wiimote/nunchuck controls were not the best, but the balance board controls worked great (never got a chance to try the dance mat).

Also, the graphics are stylized and look great.

Don't knock it until you try it.

mascherano

Trophies
XP
Country
monkat said:
The US release was called "Walk It Out"

It's actually not a bad game at all, for what it is. Lot's of exploration (kinda) and unlockables / collectables (kinda again), as well as upbeat music (for the most part...and a lot actually made by Konami themselves), fitness, and some challenge if you're rhythmically impaired (like me *cough cough*)!

Really my only gripe considering what the game was meant to be was that the wiimote/nunchuck controls were not the best, but the balance board controls worked great (never got a chance to try the dance mat).

Also, the graphics are stylized and look great.

Don't knock it until you try it.
I'm probably one of the few who bought the wii as a fitness regime. So this looks interesting indeed. Anything to break the monotony of golds gym/ea sports active etc.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I played Walk It Out and gave it a decent chance with the balance board, but unfortunately it's just not good. It is not hard enough at all, the only differences between songs is the tempo. I honestly think this game would be good physical therapy for mentally challenged people (seriously no disrespect intended.) It would be far better if it was more challenging, I don't know why they didn't make it with the classic DDR formula.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
yuyuyup said:
I played Walk It Out and gave it a decent chance with the balance board, but unfortunately it's just not good. It is not hard enough at all, the only differences between songs is the tempo. I honestly think this game would be good physical therapy for mentally challenged people (seriously no disrespect intended.) It would be far better if it was more challenging, I don't know why they didn't make it with the classic DDR formula.

I agree with that, though, somewhat. As far as difficulty goes, it is not supposed to be DDR, but they should have added a 'free-run' setting so that you don't have to, well, "step to the beat" to get points.

Monkee3000

Trophies
XP
Country
RobDog said:
theres alot of faggots on the front cover
Where?
wtf.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_(food)
Yes I know.
wink.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_(slang)
This, right?
ohmy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."