Wii #1994 - Step to the Beat (Europe)

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
The US release was called "Walk It Out"

It's actually not a bad game at all, for what it is. Lot's of exploration (kinda) and unlockables / collectables (kinda again), as well as upbeat music (for the most part...and a lot actually made by Konami themselves), fitness, and some challenge if you're rhythmically impaired (like me *cough cough*)!

Really my only gripe considering what the game was meant to be was that the wiimote/nunchuck controls were not the best, but the balance board controls worked great (never got a chance to try the dance mat).

Also, the graphics are stylized and look great.

Don't knock it until you try it.

mascherano

Trophies
XP
Country
monkat said:
The US release was called "Walk It Out"

It's actually not a bad game at all, for what it is. Lot's of exploration (kinda) and unlockables / collectables (kinda again), as well as upbeat music (for the most part...and a lot actually made by Konami themselves), fitness, and some challenge if you're rhythmically impaired (like me *cough cough*)!

Really my only gripe considering what the game was meant to be was that the wiimote/nunchuck controls were not the best, but the balance board controls worked great (never got a chance to try the dance mat).

Also, the graphics are stylized and look great.

Don't knock it until you try it.
I'm probably one of the few who bought the wii as a fitness regime. So this looks interesting indeed. Anything to break the monotony of golds gym/ea sports active etc.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I played Walk It Out and gave it a decent chance with the balance board, but unfortunately it's just not good. It is not hard enough at all, the only differences between songs is the tempo. I honestly think this game would be good physical therapy for mentally challenged people (seriously no disrespect intended.) It would be far better if it was more challenging, I don't know why they didn't make it with the classic DDR formula.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
yuyuyup said:
I played Walk It Out and gave it a decent chance with the balance board, but unfortunately it's just not good. It is not hard enough at all, the only differences between songs is the tempo. I honestly think this game would be good physical therapy for mentally challenged people (seriously no disrespect intended.) It would be far better if it was more challenging, I don't know why they didn't make it with the classic DDR formula.

I agree with that, though, somewhat. As far as difficulty goes, it is not supposed to be DDR, but they should have added a 'free-run' setting so that you don't have to, well, "step to the beat" to get points.

Monkee3000

Trophies
XP
Country
RobDog said:
theres alot of faggots on the front cover
Where?
wtf.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_(food)
Yes I know.
wink.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_(slang)
This, right?
ohmy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    "very dark scenes are more common than very bright scenes" not in the games i play
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    really have to buy the top end model to get a tv that doesnt have any of those compromises and that would've had more dimming zones too but i am not made o money
    Gift
    @Julie_Pilgrim "very bright" is essentially pure white
    Gift
    pure white doesn't show up all that much it's mainly when looking at a bright sky
    Gift
    and if the clouds in the sky have slightly less definition to them because i turned on the contrast enhancer who cares
    Gift
    that's not important
    Gift
    i can't tell the difference
    Gift
    but i can certainly tell the difference with black crush if i'm watching a scifi movie and i can't see wtf is going on
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    Human vision is logarithmic, it's not linear. And nits doesn't tell the whole story of perceived brightness. OLED'S look brighter then LCD's even when both are set to the same nit values because of the higher contrast ratio on OLED's
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    OLED's have a 3D look
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Charging port is more likely to fry up or battery fail before the display tbh lol
    Gift
    "And nits doesn't tell the whole story of perceived brightness" it's not about perceived brightness it's about all HDR content in TV and movies being mastered for 1000 nits so it doesn't look right with anything lower, it's also about dynamic range
    Gift
    "OLED's have a 3D look" no they don't lol
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    As an owner of a OLED and you saying that you never seen an OLED I think I know what I'm talking about lol. I'm not talking about 3D as in 3D glasses. I'm talking about depth and pop in the picture
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I mean to be fair og vitas are still kicking and not many have suffered from pixel bleed and they're going on nearly 10 years
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    OLED's can get away with a lower peak brightness and still provide punchy HDR because of their contrast ratio. Like I said human vision is logarithmic. The higher the peak brightness the diminishing returns in perceived brightness.
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Just get 5 years enjoyment out of it until Nintendy releases something and everyone forgets about switch games lol
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    @The Real Jdbye Oleds hit around 750 nits nowadays. The difference between a 1000 nit and a 750 nit isn't huge. It's only about a 4% increase in perceived brightness. Not huge at all. You'll need at least 2000 nit displays to notice a bigger difference.
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    Read this thread it explains it. 1000 nits is not a huge jump from 750 the LG OLEDs can hit. As I said human vision is non linear.
    +2
    Gift
  • Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Not exactly 3D but the colors does pops out more
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    I just want a true dark mode theme
    for OLED Switch
    Gift
    yeah honestly i hate how the only two switch theme options are blinding holy light of god or grey
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    Kill eyes OR bore eyes to death
    +1
    Gift
    switch dark mode is ok i just wish it was a bit darker
    Gift
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: switch dark mode is ok i just wish it was a bit darker