Wii #1967 - Racquet Sports (USA)

btfanusa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is supposed to support MotionPlus according to the original press release. Now I don't see the logo on the box. Would love to know if this is just a waggle fest (most likely) or does it actually support more in-depth MotionPlus gameplay.

btfanusa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, have you tried it yet? What does the MotionPlus add to the game? I'm especially interested to know if it can differentiate the degree of force behind each swing and if the back swing will determine the location fo the hit a la Grand Slam Tennis.

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
referencer said:
I must ask what the difference between "tennis" and "beach tennis" is, and why it was notable enough to merit two different game types.

I don't quite understand either. I can only assume it is played on sand instead, therefore making the game harder/slower, in terms of bouncing on the sand? Would it even bounce unless the sand was a bit wet and therefore hard.

btfanusa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually from the video posted you can see the Beach Tennis is basically badminton with a plastic ball so I assume you cannot let the ball bounce.

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
btfanusa said:
Actually from the video posted you can see the Beach Tennis is basically badminton with a plastic ball so I assume you cannot let the ball bounce.

It still seems like a strange concept, why do they not just include Badminton. Everyone loves Badminton, though I havn't played it since I was in school. I always enjoyied it.

I can't watch the video right now unfortunately.

btfanusa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kicknhorse said:
It still seems like a strange concept, why do they not just include Badminton. Everyone loves Badminton, though I havn't played it since I was in school. I always enjoyied it.

Yeah they are just stretching it. I am surprised they didn't break badminton into "Outdoor Badminton" and "Indoor Badminton" (or do something like that for every sport) so they can claim to have "over 30 sports!" on the box.

robtyketto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reviews state it's terrible you can't move your character just like in wii sports tennis and the range of shots are extremely limited.

Word is stick to EA Grand Slam Tennis, which lets be honest is very good.

It's about time they did a sequal to it (they could tighten up the WM+ controls, there is the odd glitch I found.)

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kicknhorse said:
btfanusa said:

don't tell me non of you guys are familliar with beach tennis aka beach ball
huh.gif

17127898.jpg

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
cruznik71450 said:
can this be played without Wii Motion + cause its looks like a fun multi-player game and I don't have a Wii Motion +.
It's SUPPORTED, not NEEDED!

same thing for the camera, it's SUPPORTED, not NEEDED!
(the camera is for your character's movement and maybe weight loss statistics too)

wiiraquetsportswcam.jpg

The PAL-Version will be available in a few days, name will be:

wiiraquetsportsrocketsp.jpg

wiiraquetsports001.jpg

wiiraquetsports002.jpg

* 5 Racquet Sports: Enjoy 5 diverse racquet sports including Tennis, Ping Pong, Badminton, Squash, and Beach Tennis.
* Simple and Effective Controls: Anyone can pick up and play with intuitive Wii Remote-based controls. Wii Motion Plus compatible for even more precision, Ubisoft Motion Tracking Camera Compatible for the Wii, allowing you to play remote free.
* 6 Modes of Play: Compete in 6 different modes including Around-the-World, Friendly Tournament, Friendly Championship, Quick Match, Party Mode, and Training.
* 40 Rich Graphical Environments: Play in an Underwater Reef, a Moroccan Palace, a New York Loft, or a Fan-filled Stadium. Over 40 spectacular locations in all!
* Multi-player, Split-screen Action: Compete with up to four friends or family members in split-screen mode for an ultra-realistic play experience.

game can be played without WM+ and camera, of course

robtyketto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cruznik71450 said:
can this be played without Wii Motion + cause its looks like a fun multi-player game and I don't have a Wii Motion +.

This game has very poor reviews, AVOID.

If you want to play tennis/table tennis etc.., the way forward is WM+ and Wii Sports Resort/EA Grand Slam tennis.

robtyketto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Prowler485 said:
robtyketto said:
This game has very poor reviews, AVOID.

Enjoy not having an opinion.

I know I should play the game before I comment but when every review is poor, you can't control the movement of your character and there is a limited variety of moves then I cannot extract anything from these that would suggest "lets play it".

Making an educated guess based on the factors I know about the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @hazbeans, welcome