This game is supposed to support MotionPlus according to the original press release. Now I don't see the logo on the box. Would love to know if this is just a waggle fest (most likely) or does it actually support more in-depth MotionPlus gameplay.
Thanks, have you tried it yet? What does the MotionPlus add to the game? I'm especially interested to know if it can differentiate the degree of force behind each swing and if the back swing will determine the location fo the hit a la Grand Slam Tennis.
I don't quite understand either. I can only assume it is played on sand instead, therefore making the game harder/slower, in terms of bouncing on the sand? Would it even bounce unless the sand was a bit wet and therefore hard.
Yeah they are just stretching it. I am surprised they didn't break badminton into "Outdoor Badminton" and "Indoor Badminton" (or do something like that for every sport) so they can claim to have "over 30 sports!" on the box.
same thing for the camera, it's SUPPORTED, not NEEDED!
(the camera is for your character's movement and maybe weight loss statistics too)
The PAL-Version will be available in a few days, name will be:
* 5 Racquet Sports: Enjoy 5 diverse racquet sports including Tennis, Ping Pong, Badminton, Squash, and Beach Tennis.
* Simple and Effective Controls: Anyone can pick up and play with intuitive Wii Remote-based controls. Wii Motion Plus compatible for even more precision, Ubisoft Motion Tracking Camera Compatible for the Wii, allowing you to play remote free.
* 6 Modes of Play: Compete in 6 different modes including Around-the-World, Friendly Tournament, Friendly Championship, Quick Match, Party Mode, and Training.
* 40 Rich Graphical Environments: Play in an Underwater Reef, a Moroccan Palace, a New York Loft, or a Fan-filled Stadium. Over 40 spectacular locations in all!
* Multi-player, Split-screen Action: Compete with up to four friends or family members in split-screen mode for an ultra-realistic play experience.
game can be played without WM+ and camera, of course
I know I should play the game before I comment but when every review is poor, you can't control the movement of your character and there is a limited variety of moves then I cannot extract anything from these that would suggest "lets play it".
Making an educated guess based on the factors I know about the game.