1. cacildo

cacildo Went and came back

Burkina Faso
    HE´S RIGHT! I also wont play God of War 3 because it has no multiplayer.

By the way, i wrote an extensive review of Red Steel 2. Is there a place where i could post it?

There´s a rumor about this leaked version being not-retail yet. I even listed a few glitches, but i dont think it is true.

2. ContraNetworkHD

ContraNetworkHD GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    [Wii] Red Steel 2 [Final Stage & Final Boss] -ENDING-

http://www.viddler.com/explore/ContraNetwork/videos/45/

Comment:

Red Steel 2 has disappointed me a lot, the plot makes me laugh, so the dubbing ..
    Lasts very little, even if there are side quests the game is not durable .. indeed

By _Contra_

3. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Reviews go in the GBAtemp Magazine Reviews section. That's where I put all mine.

Well, it is almost two weeks before retail, who knows? I haven't had any glitches yet though.

As for the multiplayer, yes, it's disappointing, but they've made it clear that they're focusing on a single player experience, much like Metroid Prime games (outside of 2, which had a bit of multiplayer). Hopefully they'll do multiplayer if they decide on a Red Steel 3. I wouldn't say a lack of multiplayer makes it awful, seeing as the sword fighting is very intricate and would be hard to incorporate in a multiplayer setting (it's a lot fancier than WSR), but it does kinda blow. It's still a fun game though.

4. ringorinfret

ringorinfret GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I thought this game would have generated way more posts...hence this post :-)))

cant wait for the NTSC release! time to dust-off the m+

5. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    To my opinion, MotionPlus is ridiculous and nintendo always find a way to add it to make more money and an excuse.

EDIT: Why did some people use modchip and softmod at the same time ? Its not neccessarily, is it ? I have softmod and its free and no problem.

6. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

so this requires motion + to play?

7. ringorinfret

ringorinfret GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Motion plus would be great if we didnt need to always recalibrate... the ping pong in sports resort is just awesome! my favorite mini game with m+

8. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    try playing sam n max season 2 without a chip [​IMG]

9. Meowayne

Meowayne GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    Red Steel 2 certainly is not intuitive; it takes even more time getting used to than REGINLEIV. But once you do, it really quite awesome owning dudes in fights.

I am playing on Ninja difficulty, which practically means pulling off flawless fights every time. Which is great.

The problem is (and the problem many people have reported) is that in the beginning, it SEEMS like you can do more than you actually do. You can do sword slashes but it takes a while until you notice that doing so without holding Z is fairly frustrating. You play around with "block" mode and notice that they limited the way MotionPlus is read significantly, but only later in the game do you learn that you only need horizontal and vertical blocks.
    The little quirks and knacks of the controls only open themselves up to you very slowly - even for me, one of those that are familiar with the technology and know what M+ can and can't do, and don't expect "1:1" or something similar to the WSR rotational sword fight.

It's sad, I know that many people are going to be disappointed, even though the swordfights are just plain badass 1-2 hours into the game - and only get better.

10. DjFIL

DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Just finally got around to playing this. Works great on my NTSC 4.3 w/ USB Loader GX (latest build). Ubisoft really out did them selves. Perfect graphical style for the Wii... looks just great. Gameplay is really solid, not perfect 1:1 sword fights but 100x improved over Red Steel 1. This is one of the few A+ titles on the Wii and another reason why I'm happy I kept mine.

11. updowners

updowners GBAtemp Maniac

United States

Last edited by updowners, Nov 8, 2020
  12. ringorinfret

ringorinfret GBAtemp Fan

United States
    where is NTSC???????!!

13. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Out on the 23rd. How we got an almost 2 week early dump is beyond me. And why does it matter, the game plays just the same. Force the region to NTSC and you're ready to go baby.

14. silkyskeeter

silkyskeeter GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Worthless troll comment..... Was there a point to this comment at all? Was it even provoked? Fail

15. ringorinfret

ringorinfret GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yes I know but i prefer to download NTSC version, just in case of problems I havent waster 4 gigs of download on my limited bandwidth

But sometimes I prefer PAL since they tend to have french included more often

16. karacasus

karacasus Newbie
    Newcomer

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (Europe), #1963, Steel