Wii #1954 - Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (USA)

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh now the usa version comes out... so weak... but if i wanted to earn everything again i will do that.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
denclock said:
anyone else have a problem getting their back up to work?

there should be no problem with it... but then again i'm using the pal version. i'm downloading the nstc version as we speak but it could be a while.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've got a version of this game and it still refers to JGR as "Jet Set Radio" and House of the Dead as "Curien Mansion". Is that normal?

I feel like I've been screwed over and given a converted Euro version. :/

Kenshin Br

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
This games is not very good.

Just another Mario Kart clone. Very avarage.

Don't bother to pick the "next-gen version" if you have the Wii version already. They're all the same, even the graphics: I have the PC version and it is just a HD version of the Wii version with motion blur added.

War Destroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any difference between this and Pal version?

I never got why Dr. Eggman isn't called Dr. Robotnic... is that a europe only thing or is it like that in US version too?

Kevin242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The frame rate is fine on my NTSC Wii. There is a point where it freezes for a sec, I can't rem where but it doesnt effect gameplay and might be a side effect of my Mod Chip. At any rate I have no idea why there is so much negativity on these boards. If you really like Mario Kart, you will like this game. It's fun. Is it technically as good as Mario Kart Wii? No, but no other Kart racer ever has been for any platform. It's pretty close and most of the tracks are pretty awesome. Yes a couple are the type that you simply must memorize before you willl go thru smoothly, but most MKart rip offs have insanely bad track design.

Now I love Mario Kart in all it's incarnations and as long as it's playable enjoy most of the clones, so I think this game is completely awesome, so you might not rate it as high, but unless you hate Kart racing you will enjoy it, especially once you master the drift system.

-Kev

Djermegandre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
djermegandre-the-god.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Kenshin Br said:
This games is not very good.

Just another Mario Kart clone. Very avarage.

Don't bother to pick the "next-gen version" if you have the Wii version already. They're all the same, even the graphics: I have the PC version and it is just a HD version of the Wii version with motion blur added.

I don't think the fact that it's a Mario Kart clone is much cause for negativity. If you want to make a game in a specific genre and another game is very successful in that genre, why not get inspiration from the best? Besides, there really isn't much more ground that any other arcade style, character kart racer can cover that Mario Kart hasn't. If anyone says anything about kart damage, I really think that such a mechanic only works in racing simulators; this is a game, people.

The fact is that even though this game is a Mario Kart clone with Sega homages all over it, it's still a good racing game with solid controls, pretty fast-paced action, and wonderful graphics to go with the great course designs. And by the way, no matter what console you get the game on, it's still beautiful. The 360 and PS3 versions (and the PC version, by proxy) are smoother however, and probably have other little graphical touches. I mean, were you expecting the HD versions to have "Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm" style cel-shading or (God forbid) photo realism? Your standards are unrealistic.

PS, I agree with you, Kev.

PSS, @War Destroyer, the whole "Dr. Eggman" thing has become a staple ever since Sonic Adventure. I think that "Dr. Robotnic" has been left in the Genesis days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉