Wii #1938 - Guitar Hero: Van Halen (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Feb 16, 2010.

Feb 16, 2010
  1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    ^^wiirelease-3572^^

2. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    I understand why this game has got pretty low scores, but for me it must be one of the best music games out there, and I wasn't even a Van Halen fan until I played this game !
    It's true nearly half of the songs aren't Van Halen, but those that are , are actually fantastic to hear and very funny and fulfilling to play!
    Best charts in any GH/RB games IMO ............
    I just love it !

3. another_waster

Member another_waster GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah the onstage visuals are great and they actually look like a proper band on stage whereas other games just look like four characters playing on stage

4. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Finally, a European release. I don't expect much of it, but it should be entertaining for at least a few hours.

5. OmerMe

Member OmerMe GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    Stupid question here:
    There's not classic controller support in any GH\RB game, right? Don't own a guitar or any other insturment, don't plan on getting any soon (money! money! ) but I like rhythm games..

6. DKAngel

Member DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    lol thats almost like saying playing ddr without a mat is fun

7. OmerMe

Member OmerMe GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    Almost.
    DDR is boring, I don't get why so many people love it, Ouendan and Taiko no Tatsujin are tons better.

8. silkyskeeter

Member silkyskeeter GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I gave up on most games like this. Its the same game over and over again. They always promise crap on the box they never follow thru with. (they always name themselves after bands and then you play the game and majority of the songs have nothing to do with the name (GH Metallica, van halen, aerosmith....ect....all the same game)) You dont really simulate playing a guitar and it requires you always buy the controller to play it (talking only in regards to multiplatform play). Atleast with DDR you can play without the stupid mat (mind you I gave up on that game as well).

Edit: I have a guitar for 360....just seems wrong and stupid to have to buy another gimmic controller for Wii and ps3....and hell no to getting that new gimmic controller (aka the turntable, which I almost got when it came out)