Wii #1923 - Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Europe)

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is this one any good? I really like the Silent Hill series, so if this one's okay I might buy it
biggrin.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The story is pretty good, the whole psychological profiling the game does with you is great.. but the "combat" is faulty and very annoying.. :/

IMO it's worthy for the story, but bear in mind that it's not like any other Silent Hill game..

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you pretend it's a game called Shattered Memories that's completely un-related to Silent Hill, then it's a really interesting, slightly freaky game. So it's not very "Silent Hill", but it's definitely very good .

fuzzyponken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought it was excellent. Sort of a linear experience, though. Aren't Silent Hill games usually "open world"-ish in nature?

Nevertheless, I didn't have much of a problem with the fleeing sequences, as many people have complained about. I actually kind of enjoyed them after a while. When you learn to employ strategy and realize you actually do have time to check the map every once in a while it becomes more of a challenge in a good way and not so much a frustrating mess.

Nice adventure game with some chills here and there (no peek-a-boo horror), interesting story with some unexpected twists. The psychological profile thing is really neat and will definitely make you want to play through the game at least twice. It's actually amazing how much of a different experience it can be with very subtle changes.

Recommended.

Pattonfiend67

You're F'ng Out!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
definitely one of the best games on the wii. loved it so much i went and bought it!

EDIT:

and by the way, please don't compare it to other silent hill games. this game was and IS SUPPOSED TO BE DIFFERENT, lol. they did that ON PURPOSE to try something new...

and i have to say, they did a FANTASTIC JOB!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than silent hill homecoming... that game is disappointing...​

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Agreed with the Juggalo above me... Great game, went out and bought it... kick ass Silent hill... even tho the Defence system is clunky (I keep getting raped by these fucking monster and never able to kick them off my back) The game is awesome.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
oh god silent hill home comeing was like a walk in the park compared to this impossible to enjoy game, instead of playing this im going to play silent hill 2 directors cut for ps2

Pattonfiend67

You're F'ng Out!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitrostemp said:
oh god silent hill home comeing was like a walk in the park compared to this impossible to enjoy game, instead of playing this im going to play silent hill 2 directors cut for ps2
nitrostemp said:
so because you suck at the game, it's automatically bad???

ok guy... you just keep living on your high horse...

this game was perfect and they made GREAT use of the wii controls. shaking monsters off is not really that difficult at all if you use strategy (i know, that involves thinking and planning, what was i thinking, lol)... and don't let them all get on you at once... save your flares for when you REALLY need it. the nightmare sequences are HELLA easy to get through, especially with the GPS MAP on the phone...

but since most people that play the wii are kids, i wouldn't expect rational thinking or answers, especially with a game this well-done... even graphically this game was fantastic. especially for the wii...

if it's too hard, go play some iCarly, bro... doesn't look like much impresses you so you should probably just sell your wii now and save yourself some headaches...

and one more thing, what is more scary than knowing you CANNOT kill the thing that is trying to kill you?

that part kept me on the edge of my seat...

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
i was playing because i though they would remake the original with better graphics yes its got a great map, you can save anytime and not be worried about getting attacked randomly. but they got lost about the way a silent hill game works puzzles + enemies + rare save points and freaky nurses

they should of said before trying to sell this game "if you enjoyed playing silent hill, this game is nothing like it and most likely un-enjoyably"

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like this is another one of those cases like The Room where someone made a completely different game and they decided to pitch it under the Silent Hill name because it was somewhat creepy and Silent Hill gets the dollars.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pattonfiend67 said:

so because you suck at the game, it's automatically bad???

ok guy... you just keep living on your high horse...

this game was perfect and they made GREAT use of the wii controls. shaking monsters off is not really that difficult at all if you use strategy (i know, that involves thinking and planning, what was i thinking, lol)... and don't let them all get on you at once... save your flares for when you REALLY need it. the nightmare sequences are HELLA easy to get through, especially with the GPS MAP on the phone...

but since most people that play the wii are kids, i wouldn't expect rational thinking or answers, especially with a game this well-done... even graphically this game was fantastic. especially for the wii...

if it's too hard, go play some iCarly, bro... doesn't look like much impresses you so you should probably just sell your wii now and save yourself some headaches...

and one more thing, what is more scary than knowing you CANNOT kill the thing that is trying to kill you?

that part kept me on the edge of my seat...​
Well thats his opinion which he's entitled to, just as you're entitled to your own. But he said 'impossible to enjoy' not impossible game. And I agree with him, sure the story was good, but it wasn't scary, how can anything be scary when you know you're safe pretty much half the game? Oh and you said it yourself, the nightmare sequences are 'hella easy', how can anything be scary if its easy? I wouldn't say it was 'perfect' sure it perfectly fucked up the story from the first game and the characters though. The game is good if you go into it not thinking it will be anything like the previous games. But I would never go so far as to say it was 'perfect.'
Oh and on an unrelated note, why do you center all your text?

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
@antwill i belive its because he types all his messages in microsoft word in which he left the setting centered on
on another note

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Wasn't it Scarlet and Violet?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Dunno, I stay in the EoF.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    The craze must've had died down by then.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some... +1