Wii #1911 - No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (USA)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought it. I'm at the last boss, but he's such a fucking cheap ass. Half of the time I can't even get off the floor, and if I get really close to killing him, he freaking knocks me out a window (and that's an instant kill). Ugh.

Otherwise, the game is good, but way too short.

DownwardSpyral

The Fastest Thing Alive
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I bought it. I'm at the last boss, but he's such a fucking cheap ass. Half of the time I can't even get off the floor, and if I get really close to killing him, he freaking knocks me out a window (and that's an instant kill). Ugh.

May I ask how many hours you've played? Are you a completionist kind of player, or one that skims through the game?

I played the original for about 15 hours, collecting shirts and all of the (few) beam saber upgrades, and felt my money was well spent for the experience. I'd hate for this one to be much shorter.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DownwardSpyral said:
Guild McCommunist said:

May I ask how many hours you've played? Are you a completionist kind of player, or one that skims through the game?

I played the original for about 15 hours, collecting shirts and all of the (few) beam saber upgrades, and felt my money was well spent for the experience. I'd hate for this one to be much shorter.

I'm probably in between. I don't really ever go to 100% on any game (the only game I did complete fully was Spyro 3, which I got roughly 107% complete on). I usually do a chunk of sidequests but not all of them, if that helps measure my completion rate.

Um, I'm at about 5:54 in gameplay time. I don't know if there's more after the last boss, since I thought there were more characters you'd meet (wasn't there like some huge Travis fangirl or something as well as fighting against people who are trying to steal your rank?) as well as more play time with the other characters (only ONE level with Henry?)

Seyiji

Rawr :3
Trophies
Website
www.rage3d.com
XP
Country
United States
DaMummy said:
someone post on usenet now!
That sounds like a request
rolleyes.gif

saison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you hated it, then why would you even consider the second one?

I am in love with this game
biggrin.gif
Going to play it right now. Once I've beaten this and gotten all beam katanas I'll probably return to TvC though.

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
saison said:

biggrin.gif
Going to play it right now. Once I've beaten this and gotten all beam katanas I'll probably return to TvC though.
People are saying it's really good, so I figure I should give it a shot.

huythach83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In the box shot show Travis with two beam sabers, anyone know at which rank he can wield the second saber? I'm at rank 24 with 3 beam sabers and still can't dual wield
frown.gif

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its fun, its a hack and slash game, well worth a usb transfer. i liked the first one, but never really played much, it is on my usb drive though and i will play one day. its gameplay is repetitious but still fun. i thought when they said you are number 51 that id be fighting 50 people. damn that was disappointing

fuzzyponken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will I be able to play this on a PAL machine with just a Wiikey2? I'm on 4.2 but I used Startpatch to disable region blocking. The first No More Heroes NTSC release does not work with this setup, can I assume this one will also be a hassle?

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
asdf said:
saison said:

biggrin.gif
People are saying it's really good, so I figure I should give it a shot.

If you hated the first one, it's basically the same game. It's a good game if you enjoy boss fights, the rest is kind of filler but I know the last 3 bosses in the first game were horrible, the last one took about an hour to kill, no boss should take an hour to kill. There's a good player on youtube fighting him and he needed a 3000 hit combo. I hope it's not the same as that.

nikochanr3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else get an ERROR 2? I can't patch the ISO for an error 2 (it doesnt see one), yet my Wii gives me an ERROR 2. I am using Backup loader and my wii is softmodded and i am burning to DVD. I did an error 2 patch on T vs. C which works just fine.

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The not numbered release have terrible slowdowns on the cutscenes with me =p

This happens in this release too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...