Wii #1910 - Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (Japan)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Chanser
    OP

Chanser :o

Jun 27, 2006
    Monaco
    ^^wiirelease-3526^^

2. B-Blue

B-Blue slut

GBAtemp Patron
    B-Blue is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2006
    Antarctica
    that's totally not fair! [​IMG]

3. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Whats going on ? It was released a year ago or a year and 1 /2 years ago. It is USA version but translate for Japan fan ?

4. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    The USA version has differences with the Japanese version, so yeah. But it feels like a kick in the balls to those who bought Cross Generation of Heroes.

5. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Thanks... Then I am stick with the Japanese version and now the usa version. Thats enough for me. This is 3rd version and this time it is annoying. No thanks.

6. xshinox

xshinox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2007
    United States
    how is it not fair? you know whats not fair? the american version. they removed a lot of good stuff like character theme songs and mini games. this japanese version is just the american version but in japanese.

now they can experience the changes we got.

7. Guild McCommunist

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I'd trade off mini-games and songs for online play, personally. I haven't tried it yet so I don't know the quality (some people say it's flawless, some say it's laggy beyond playability), but it's still online play. Oh yeah, not to mention it's in English. That helps a little bit.

8. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    So is the Jeany and the ending-movies cut here as well...?

9. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    If you guys complaint about remove stuff in the USA version. Complaining to Capcom of USA then.

10. kirbykirbykirby

kirbykirbykirby Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2010
    United States
    the japanese cover looks so much better than the american version.anyways im really surprised in the japanese version of uas that there is no character themes at all. a lot of people in japan might not even get this game because they just love playing in arcade machines instead and also just for 5 new characters and not many stages will have so many people not wanting it. i of course picked it up. i think its a decent upgrade of cgh. especially the online. so far ive been pleased but a few laggy matches causes you to lose big time. if there is another version coming out next year the characters need more alternate colors and there needs to be a lot of more stages. its a shame that ssfiv is getting so many upgrades and this game didn't get so many compared to the original title. still its my fav game

11. xshinox

Mar 6, 2007
    United States
    complaining to capcom wont do anything.

the american and japanese covers look exactly the same except for few differences like the position of the wi-fi blue circle and instead of the ESRB rating, its the japanese equivalent. they just moved the characters around. no big deal

12. Azariel_z

Azariel_z GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2009
    So, this versions has all USA characters PLUS the ones removed ??? like the ULTIMATE version???

13. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    is so, i wonder if someone can make a translation patch

14. Azariel_z

Azariel_z GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2009
    use your imagination, there is little or nothing to translate anyways... Oh, well... Finally the Complete version of the game.. Well, they could make something better if Batsu could say " Hikarii ni Naaareeee!"!!!! ..as a joke.

15. HelpDesk

HelpDesk Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2009
    i heard they cut Ryu's SFII theme music in the english version, wtf Capcom? [​IMG] licensing issues my a$$? don't you own the Street Fighter music or something? still, with the addition of online play, the english release is much better.

16. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    the game menu etc is jap

17. xshinox

Mar 6, 2007
    United States
    the hell you smoking on? the japanese version of ultimate all-stars is the same as the american version but in japanese text instead of english text. nothing new is included.

18. Yuuko

Yuuko Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    France
    One more character and the mini games that are not included in the USA/PAL versions.

The Japanese one is definitely the best one.

Edit: Typo.

19. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    can someone confirm if this release has anime endings?

20. Guild McCommunist

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Outside of the lack of Wi-Fi. And the fact that it's in Japanese (meaning English speakers can't navigate it easily).