Wii #1908 - Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil Zero (Europe)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I like the cover art for this game
yay.gif
finally a pretty good cover art. As for the game itself, I need to get some money >.

Klarkykat

Trophies
XP
Country
These Archive games are a waste of time. The games are technically unchanged with no widescreen support even.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Klarkykat said:
These Archive games are a waste of time. The games are technically unchanged with no widescreen support even.

Wait a minute, but do they have the new play control type ore basically it's the same as the GC ?
I skipped this one when it came out ( I played nearly every RE games though, included the original remake for the GC ), so if it really plays with the Wii remote like point and shoot like Alien Syndrome, I would definitely get it !

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DivineZeus said:
It's a Cube copy/paste version... :-/

I thought so........
I got confused by this
QUOTE(blackdragonbahamut @ Jan 23 2010, 08:07 AM) oh yeah, new control play .. again
dry.gif

the game is good, but as i played it already through, i don't want to again
not even with new controls

lachinay

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DivineZeus said:
It's a Cube copy/paste version... :-/
If it's got RE4 controls, it's quite different. Considering also that a lot of ppl that now owns a Wii never had a Cube, so it's news for them...

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Klarkykat said:

i have widescreen on mine, though when i start the game i cant click down on the pad to go new game so have to use gc pad. also wiiflow reads the game as biohazad instead of resident evil so erm is this patched or something?

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
It's just a normal, run-of-the-mill Resident Evil game... Including all the flawed controls. It's 2010, in-game characters shouldn't moonwalk "on the spot" so they can shoot something nearby. Half the time the zombies appear to be the more agile!

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm so disappointed, all Capcom should do to update this games is give it the option to point and shoot with the wii remote.
Not quite like RE4, because it involves to radically change the game and re-render all the backgrounds to suit an over-the-shoulder camera, but they should do it so that you can point anywhere on the screen and the character would rotate accordingly, kind of the same as in games like Alien Syndrome ( if you ever played it, it's a little obscure ) or Geometry wars.
That would be reasonably easy to do and would greatly improve the gameplay and give us a reason to buy those title and use the wii remote instead of the GC controller.
I'd also like to point out though , that I don't like to dismiss these games as redundant:
As it's been said, many people that own a Wii didn't own a GC before, so if they really wanted to play these GC games used or cheaper they should buy a GC controller AND memory card, not very difficult to find but also not exactly available like a pack of M&Ms at your local supermarket.
And to many it's simply too much of an hassle.
Even people like me, who still owns a GC and all the peripherals, might have missed some of those games the first time they came around and would gladly pick it up for the 480p support alone ( 480i games do look awful on my tv, really ).
Actually I think this is the only one I didn't play on the Cube in the good old days, and despite the flaws and the dated architecture of the design, I'm sure a very good game lays deep underneath.
If they would only twick the controls ever so slightly..............ok well
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: I don't care what you think is "common". I *have* been genuinly wronged.