Wii #1908 - Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil Zero (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    ^^wiirelease-3514^^

2. camurso_

Member camurso_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Portugal
    Finally!!

3. Freudian Lemur

Member Freudian Lemur GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yay! I never really noticed this when it came out originally (too young). This gives me a chance to play it.
    I like the simplicity of the cover.

4. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Only 62% according to GameRankigns, so no download for me. I don't really like the RE series anyway.

5. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    its strange tht such a famous title has so few supporters... ofcourse if it were Zelda, lol

6. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    I like the cover art for this game [​IMG] finally a pretty good cover art. As for the game itself, I need to get some money >.

7. blackdragonbaham

Member blackdragonbaham GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    oh yeah, new control play .. again [​IMG]
    the game is good, but as i played it already through, i don't want to again
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

8. Klarkykat

Member Klarkykat GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    These Archive games are a waste of time. The games are technically unchanged with no widescreen support even.

9. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy

Wait a minute, but do they have the new play control type ore basically it's the same as the GC ?
    I skipped this one when it came out ( I played nearly every RE games though, included the original remake for the GC ), so if it really plays with the Wii remote like point and shoot like Alien Syndrome, I would definitely get it !

10. DivineZeus

Member DivineZeus GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    It's a Cube copy/paste version... :-/

11. Arm73

Italy

12. lachinay

Member lachinay GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    If it's got RE4 controls, it's quite different. Considering also that a lot of ppl that now owns a Wii never had a Cube, so it's news for them...

13. ganons

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    i have widescreen on mine, though when i start the game i cant click down on the pad to go new game so have to use gc pad. also wiiflow reads the game as biohazad instead of resident evil so erm is this patched or something?

14. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    I played through "Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles"
    I played the cube version for a short while and will consider playing this, just to have a go with it again [​IMG]

I only played the first 2 original Resident Evil game out on PC (not ps1)

15. Neversoft

Member Neversoft GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It's just a normal, run-of-the-mill Resident Evil game... Including all the flawed controls. It's 2010, in-game characters shouldn't moonwalk "on the spot" so they can shoot something nearby. Half the time the zombies appear to be the more agile!

16. Arm73

Italy
    I'm so disappointed, all Capcom should do to update this games is give it the option to point and shoot with the wii remote.
    Not quite like RE4, because it involves to radically change the game and re-render all the backgrounds to suit an over-the-shoulder camera, but they should do it so that you can point anywhere on the screen and the character would rotate accordingly, kind of the same as in games like Alien Syndrome ( if you ever played it, it's a little obscure ) or Geometry wars.
    That would be reasonably easy to do and would greatly improve the gameplay and give us a reason to buy those title and use the wii remote instead of the GC controller.
    I'd also like to point out though , that I don't like to dismiss these games as redundant:
    As it's been said, many people that own a Wii didn't own a GC before, so if they really wanted to play these GC games used or cheaper they should buy a GC controller AND memory card, not very difficult to find but also not exactly available like a pack of M&Ms at your local supermarket.
    And to many it's simply too much of an hassle.
    Even people like me, who still owns a GC and all the peripherals, might have missed some of those games the first time they came around and would gladly pick it up for the 480p support alone ( 480i games do look awful on my tv, really ).
    Actually I think this is the only one I didn't play on the Cube in the good old days, and despite the flaws and the dated architecture of the design, I'm sure a very good game lays deep underneath.
    If they would only twick the controls ever so slightly..............ok well [​IMG]