Wii #1881 - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (USA

Sorakun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a similar problem.
I'm trying to get it to run in color on a PAL TV.
WiiFrii 2.3b and RegionFrii 1.2 won't even open the ISO.
With VMC 2.3 I changed all available video modes to PAL 60 (non interlaced) but it still only displays in black and white.
Curiously, there weren't any NTSC modes in the original main.dol...

Any idea as to what I should do?

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is one of the games that are only compatible with NTSC mode. So if your TV doesn´t support it (like for me) you can only play it in B/W btw. R/B. There is actually no proper way to patch this (well sometimes it works but depends pretty much on the game).

Sorakun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So basically, you're telling me to get a new TV?
What an incredibly huge disappointment...
I really don't have the patience to wait another two moths for this game (and no money to buy a new TV either, for that matter).
There has to be some way to patch this game. I did it with ToS2, too, though I can't remember how.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silkyskeeter said:
Wow did everyone download this and then just decided to not seed it? 0(192) seed2 0(34) leeches @_@

Silly rabbit, torrents are for kids.

Anyway, I may give the game a try if I'm bored on a rainy day. Still, it's not high up on my cue. Still gotta finish Lego Indiana Jones (which is surprisingly awesome) and a bunch of others. From all the reviews though, it just seems so unpolished and half-assed.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
silkyskeeter said:
Wow did everyone download this and then just decided to not seed it? 0(192) seed2 0(34) leeches @_@

Silly rabbit, torrents are for kids.

Anyway, I may give the game a try if I'm bored on a rainy day. Still, it's not high up on my cue. Still gotta finish Lego Indiana Jones (which is surprisingly awesome) and a bunch of others. From all the reviews though, it just seems so unpolished and half-assed.
LoL yeah I wouldnt be surprised.....Square Enix has been failing in their games. -__- Still want it. Sadly I buy all the Final Fantasy games....even the failures. If only I could find someone that has dumped this on Megaupoad I would be set...hate Rapidshare...so slow if you dont have a paid acct and I have tried the (so called) Rapidshare downloaders and all seem to not work so I gave up on them xD

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silkyskeeter said:
Wow did everyone download this and then just decided to not seed it? 0(192) seeds 0(34) peers @_@
it might be a torrent reuploaded from a private tracker, i've seen a few of them for this game.
the private trackers do this to try to get you to join them which is fine if you can keep your upload ratio at a decent level, but usenet and direct downloads are generally better options this early on.

QUOTE(rubberchickenmx @ Dec 20 2009, 04:49 PM) The game is very good got it yesterday now how can I defeat bahamut hmm...
you throw a sword at certain parts of him.

trancegemini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magus,

Yeah I have to use neogamma also. Sadly as the wiikey is old the makers don't care about updating it anymore. Thats the bad thing about most chips,flash carts etc most companies are fly by night ones or they just make a new version of the product and say screw the old products we are not making any more $$ so why should we keep it working.

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorakun said:
I have a similar problem.
I'm trying to get it to run in color on a PAL TV.
WiiFrii 2.3b and RegionFrii 1.2 won't even open the ISO.
With VMC 2.3 I changed all available video modes to PAL 60 (non interlaced) but it still only displays in black and white.
Curiously, there weren't any NTSC modes in the original main.dol...

Any idea as to what I should do?

i see u hav the same issue. sorry ToS?

There is a nscrubbed nversion will this solve it u know, coas i hav a few ntsc-u & i dont even wii-fri them anymore, i just put it the usb hdd with gx loader and bang! workis in colour.

Sorakun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
paulee123 said:

There is a nscrubbed nversion will this solve it u know, coas i hav a few ntsc-u & i dont even wii-fri them anymore, i just put it the usb hdd with gx loader and bang! workis in colour.

ToS = Tales of Symphonia

Umm, what? Care to repeat that in English?
Anyway, I think my father has an USB harddrive, but what is a GX Loader? If it's something I have to buy, it's out of question for me.
And a scrubbed version...? I remember seeing one, but the download would've taken a few days...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I played past bahamut.
The story is fun, but the gameplay reminds me too much of Dawn of Mana.
The world exploration, the whip to grab foes and objects, and shoot them to other foes

I don't keep a good feeling from this game's battle system and FFCC CB is just giving me the same feeling
frown.gif

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trancegemini said:
Magus,

Yeah I have to use neogamma also. Sadly as the wiikey is old the makers don't care about updating it anymore. Thats the bad thing about most chips,flash carts etc most companies are fly by night ones or they just make a new version of the product and say screw the old products we are not making any more $$ so why should we keep it working.
Ummmm...WiiKey update...just released on 12/16, man
tongue.gif

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorakun said:
paulee123 said:

ToS = Tales of Symphonia

Umm, what? Care to repeat that in English?
Anyway, I think my father has an USB harddrive, but what is a GX Loader? If it's something I have to buy, it's out of question for me.
And a scrubbed version...? I remember seeing one, but the download would've taken a few days...

Sorry i was in a rush to type, plus i had gloves on. What i meant was : There is a scrubbed version out, will it fix this do you think? Also this issue i never had really with Ntsc-U files, when i played them from USb Gx loader it automatically seems to set the colour normally.

Usb Gx loader google it

Sorakun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, since I can't find the scrubbed version anymore, I tried scrubbing it myself.
WiiScrubber worked okay, now I have a *(compress).iso the same size as the original .iso.
How do I compress it now? My USB hdd only has 4.5 GB space, not enough for the original .iso.
Using the Free ISO Creator gave me an empty 56 KB file, and as far as I understand, the GX Loader needs an iso, so compressing it with WinRAR is a no-no, I guess.

Umm, help please?

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try use a software called magic iso, should be a trial version around.

by the way the scrubbed version is Final Fantasy The Crystal Bearers USA Wiiscrubbed.torrent

DeadPool1

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a weird problem, after i defeat Bahamut, a cutscene starts playing, but the music and SFX stop completely. I can hear only the voices, then the cutscene ends when layle goes into a portal and the screen turns white and stays like that forever...

Something similar happens with A Boy and his Blob, the sounds stop completely on a level and the game freezes when i get a loading screen.

Could it be a Cios problem? Im using Wiiflow as a loader BTW.

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadPool1 said:
I have a weird problem, after i defeat Bahamut, a cutscene starts playing, but the music and SFX stop completely. I can hear only the voices, then the cutscene ends when layle goes into a portal and the screen turns white and stays like that forever...

Something similar happens with A Boy and his Blob, the sounds stop completely on a level and the game freezes when i get a loading screen.

Could it be a Cios problem? Im using Wiiflow as a loader BTW.

Most likely, i'm using usb gx on 3.1e pal, no problems like that, unless its a bad dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.