Wii #1874 - Your Shape featuring Jenny McCarthy (USA)

DEagleson

Gamer Extraordinaire
Member
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
151
Trophies
0
Location
Telemark
Website
raptr.com
XP
209
Country
Norway
Shovelware!
frown.gif

Wish we could get at least more decent games om the Wii.
(Looks at Nintendo and demands new Zelda game and Super Mario Galaxy 2!)
 

zalman

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jun 26, 2006
Messages
93
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
117
Country
DEagleson said:
Shovelware!
frown.gif

Wish we could get at least more decent games om the Wii.
(Looks at Nintendo and demands new Zelda game and Super Mario Galaxy 2!)
This is NOT shovelware, this is the best exercise software available for any system! You do any exercise even slightly wrong and it will kick your ass, unlike Wii Fit and EA Sports Active!

http://diehardgamefan.com/2009/12/04/revie...jenny-mccarthy/
 

DEagleson

Gamer Extraordinaire
Member
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
151
Trophies
0
Location
Telemark
Website
raptr.com
XP
209
Country
Norway
zalman said:
DEagleson said:
Shovelware!
frown.gif

Wish we could get at least more decent games om the Wii.
(Looks at Nintendo and demands new Zelda game and Super Mario Galaxy 2!)
This is NOT shovelware, this is the best exercise software available for any system! You do any exercise even slightly wrong and it will kick your ass, unlike Wii Fit and EA Sports Active!

http://diehardgamefan.com/2009/12/04/revie...jenny-mccarthy/

Okay, il take it back then, but when i see Ubisoft & Wii i get kinda sceptical.
 

silkyskeeter

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2009
Messages
295
Trophies
0
Location
North Carolina
XP
56
Country
Canada
These games really make me laugh....do we really need Wii to help us stay fit.....GET OUT OF THE HOUSE YOU LAZY BUMS....but anyway...looks to be a promising tltle if you are into wii fit and yoga and all that other crap.
 

doyama

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
1,288
Trophies
0
XP
171
Country
United States
The game has some difficulties working through USB loader because apparently it uses IOS58 to load the game. Since most USB loaders use 222/223/249 the game pretty much barfs when you try to load it. Thus its hard to tell if it would work with a generic webcam.

This thread notes some success using mod chips or Starpatch in order to get it to run from at least an original disc

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=193633&st=15
 

Bazildon

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
50
Trophies
0
Website
bazildon.com
XP
92
Country
I posted this in the thread for the PAL release of this and had no replies, so I shall try here in a vain attempt to keep my Wii in working order.
QUOTE said:
I've purchased this for the wife for Christmas.

Does anyone know if there is an update on the disc to make the camera work? I'd hate to be forced to update and lose my HBC just so the mrs can prance around the living room.
To add I'm PAL with original Wiikey, updated to 4.2(E) via update methods here on the Temp, heck my NSMB even works fine - Just wanna be sure it will all be fine with this bloody camera working as well.
 

doyama

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
1,288
Trophies
0
XP
171
Country
United States
Bazildon said:
I posted this in the thread for the PAL release of this and had no replies, so I shall try here in a vain attempt to keep my Wii in working order.
QUOTE said:
I've purchased this for the wife for Christmas.

Does anyone know if there is an update on the disc to make the camera work? I'd hate to be forced to update and lose my HBC just so the mrs can prance around the living room.
To add I'm PAL with original Wiikey, updated to 4.2(E) via update methods here on the Temp, heck my NSMB even works fine - Just wanna be sure it will all be fine with this bloody camera working as well.

It does come with a System Update but I'm not sure which version it is. Since you're already on 4.2 I can't imagine there's anything 'newer' it would need to install.

I have an original WiiKey as well but have not had success getting a generic USB camera to work. However I am still on system 3.4 so that's probably a big chunk of the problem there. The game apparently uses IOS58 to load so usb loaders will have difficulty loading it.

If you refer to the thread in my previous post you'll see how to download IOS58 which should make the game work for you. Also you can try getting GeckoOS1 1.9.3. In my vain attempts to get it to work, GeckoOS indicated IOS58 was needed and downloaded it for me. However I was still unable to get my USB camera to detect properly. Without the original product as reference, it'd hard to determine if it's just my setup that is incorrect, or if the USB camera itself is to blame.

Maybe I'll try scrubbing the DVD of the update and see how that goes.
 

Bazildon

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
50
Trophies
0
Website
bazildon.com
XP
92
Country
Cheers for that doyama.

When the wife has opened it i'll rip it myself for my own backup (as usual) and i may try a few brickblockers and scrubbers and the like - if retail doesn't work without any update.

I keep up to date with both Gecko and Neogamma and my bootmii is set to block all disc updates, but I kinda figured if I couldn't get it working from the retail, i could fudge it in someway with them.

At least now i've got an "ios58" to aim at if it doesn't work.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
    AlanMcguffin @ AlanMcguffin: this*