Wii #1808 - Hugo: Magic in the Troll Woods (Europe)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great now he has invaded my woods.
dry.gif

Just out of interest, do these actually sell and do people want them? We seemed to have had loads since the GBC days regularly.

EDIT: Appears he's been around since C64 times, can't recall ever playing any back then.

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
leinad said:
I Played hugo on the GBC & some old PC games; it's not perfect but its fun for some time
for 5 minutes, but you need to be 10 years old (or younger)

I wish they would stop releasing Hugo games. The last "Agent Hugo" was crap and so is this.

Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
That boxart sure is ugly. Is this reallt the finalized version of it?

The GBA covers from years back were better than this. Hugo is meh, not worth your time unless you're a kid I guess.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hadrian said:
EDIT: Appears he's been around since C64 times, can't recall ever playing any back then.

I known Hugo from Amiga 500 and it became a TV show.

In France it was an interactive TV show in 1992~1993 where each day, for 15 minutes, spectators called the television number and tried to get selected for a live-interactive on-rails game play.
The selected person were called back to play "Hugo délire" using their phone's buttons, with all the lag it could have
tongue.gif

The user just needed to hit 4 or 6 to select the path he wanted to take, or 2 to jump.

Here are a website speaking about the TVgame, and few (french) video from the game or from current game show speaking about oldies.
http://www.grands-enfants.fr/emission-tv-hugo-delire/

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cyan said:
Hadrian said:

I known Hugo from Amiga 500 and it became a TV show.

In France it was an interactive TV show in 1992~1993 where each day, for 15 minutes, spectators called the television number and tried to get selected for a live-interactive on-rails game play.
The selected person were called back to play "Hugo délire" using their phone's buttons, with all the lag it could have
tongue.gif

The user just needed to hit 4 or 6 to select the path he wanted to take, or 2 to jump.

Here are a website speaking about the TVgame, and few (french) video from the game or from current game show speaking about oldies.
http://www.grands-enfants.fr/emission-tv-hugo-delire/
There was also a Hugo TV show on german TV...I even called once or twice, but didn't get through. Was like 7 years old or so back then, and I think the show had a way longer run than 2 years in germany.

Extremist

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Here's a complete level gameplay in 60FPS/1080p...
laugh.gif

Late comment but it's just to include a clip for anyone else mildly interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQTfwaIXO2Q

Will be getting it for my kid who loves Super Mario Galaxy but finds it way to hard...

Edit: I remember when this came in the Amiga days - been around since before the C64 days and I don't remember this on C64. Might have been out on C64 after I went to Amiga though...
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I cant tell what my favorite N64 game is