Wii #1752 - New Super Mario Bros. Wii (USA)

RamPc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DvDrmann said:
FYI:
New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_req.ios.truncha_FiX_Wii-iND
Filename: "ind-nsmbw-ios"
Hopefully this may help some. Haven't tried it.

Hello,

Does someone know how to apply this?

I patched the game with New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_main.dol_FiX_Wii-iND, but when I enter to the game Im getting a "disck error, need to eject and turn off the wii"

Im under firmware 3.2U and install the Hombrew with this tutorial: October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8’., Step-by-Step guide written by RadioShadow

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

goober22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RamPc,

The file you referenced is the patched IOS53. That is what you need to get it to work. I was in the same situation with 4.1U. The main.dol patch allows trucha hacks to work on the ISO but you also need a patched IOS53 to let the trucha patched game to play.

If you have HBC then do you have Wadmanger too. Just run that and load the IOS53 wad from that file you mentioned. That iND file will have wadmanager as well as dop-ios included. You can also run dop-ios from HBC and download and patch IOS53 that way. I don't think you need to worry about IOS60 as I believe that's only used on system menu 4.0 & 4.1. A different one handles 3.2

Once I did that, my backup ran just fine. See my above post #137.

RamPc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
goober22 said:
@RamPc,

The file you referenced is the patched IOS53. That is what you need to get it to work. I was in the same situation with 4.1U. The main.dol patch allows trucha hacks to work on the ISO but you also need a patched IOS53 to let the trucha patched game to play.

If you have HBC then do you have Wadmanger too. Just run that and load the IOS53 wad from that file you mentioned. That iND file will have wadmanager as well as dop-ios included. You can also run dop-ios from HBC and download and patch IOS53 that way. I don't think you need to worry about IOS60 as I believe that's only used on system menu 4.0 & 4.1. A different one handles 3.2

Ok I upgrade my firmware to 4.0 and install IOS60 through HBC, but now the game is asking me to be upgraded if I want to play.
More help here?

Thanks!

c00ld00d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazycus said:
c00ld00d said:
triassic911 said:
c00ld00d said:
I patched the iso with the New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_main.dol_FiX_Wii-iND patch. It updated my wii to 4.1U as expected. Then I keep getting "An Error has occurred.. Please eject" error. I have a wiikey v1. Old backups still work fine. Trying to get this game to play without installing HBC. Please advise.
Impossible. You MUST use homebrew channel as you need to use dop-ios to trucha patch ios 53 and whatever ios 4.1 uses.

Thanks for the response. I guess I'll have to install HBC via bannerbomb.
Since I will be installing HBC, what is the easiest way to play this game? Reading up on dop-iso and trucha patch seemed confusing (and dangerous).
If i just use NeoGamma R8Beta7 as a backup launcher, will it play the unpatched game without installing any iso or cios?

TIA
You will have to install at least one cIOS or trucha patch a few existing IOS to get it to run. If you already have burnt a patched ISO simply install HBC, install cIOS rev14 as IOS249, and then run the disc via NeoGamma R8Beta7. That's the least "invasive" way to get it going since you aren't modifying any official IOS.

Success story:
1) Installed HBC on 4.1U via Bannerbomb
2) Burned an unpatched NTSC iso
3) Ran NeoGamma R8B12 without cios install whatsoever (have wiikey v1 as mentioned above. It did say missing cIOS but I ignored it)
4) Game runs fine without any problems.

This seems to be the simplest and fastest method without playing around without installing anything to modify the wii settings itself.
Now I kinda want to try running things off USB or SD. But first, can someone guide me to installing the NeoGamma as a channel?
Thanks for everything!

RamPc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RamPc said:
goober22 said:
@RamPc,

Ok I upgrade my firmware to 4.0 and install IOS60 through HBC, but now the game is asking me to be upgraded if I want to play.
More help here?

Thanks!

I found an alternative solution for the firmware update request.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/StartPatch

It can be downloaded from there.

Good luck

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OrGoN3 said:
CuriousG said:
goober22 said:
wolffangalchemist said:
since most are complaining about NSMB Wii not working from disc it might be time for you to get a usb hard drive and format it to WBFS.

Why? I have 100's of backup that work just fine. Why would I want to go thru the trouble of a drive for just ONE GAME?!!!
QUOTEmost usb hard drives are real cheap, seen some for as little as $50 some places and most any work with the usb loader.
it's a lot simpler to invest in one especially if you're gonna pirate games anyway think of it as cheaper in the long run since you don't have to keep buying spindles of DVD-/+R and you don't end up with coasters do to new copy protection schemes.
i haven't regretted my investment one bit best money i ever spent on my Wii was on my usb hard drive.

What?! one update security and the need for a drive? Come on! DVD-r = 34 cents - drive = $80. That means over 210 dvds for one USB drive. Can 200 discs fit on one USB drive? The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Chicken Little. Let's just get a fix!!!
Because you're missing out on the advantages of using a USB Loader such as ease of carrying your whole collection of games with you. You don't have to shuffle tons of discs to look for the title you want to play. You know it will boot and not get a DRE. Loaders such as USB Loader GX has synopsis of games and game ratings (not sure if they implemented ratings for play so you can restrict R games for adults only if you have children). Load time is faster.

And no this isn't for one game. The trouble you hear people just trying to get this one game to work with discs should tell you enough. At what point is it worth it to patch every disc manually or use some kind of cheat code because you're still using last year's technology to boot your games? Backing up games is much easier than backing up to SD then dump it on your computer so you can burn it. Loading games for ISO is much faster onto HD than it is to burn. And yes you can fit over 200 DVDs onto a 500GB HD. But if you're going to be so cheap about it, I just hope the next time you have a question about how to get the game to work by disc that people will just ignore you.

This is the first game I have ever had to patch to play on my WiiKey 1.9s. So yes, it IS getting a drive for one game.

The question I have is, do you think companies will make firmware udpates to allow this game to run without modifying IOS? Is it even possible? etc, etc etc. I do NOT feel good about patching any IOS on my Wii. Obviously if I want to play this right now, I'd have to buy it. Thankfully MW2 is out so my attention is elsewhere. Nonetheless, are all of these quick hacks just quick dirty hacks?

Who cares if they keep on reusing it. Once it's broken, it's broken for good. Makes sense to do an update for all the hardware to support something that will be used in the future.

As for not using USB, it's my decision. The whole reason I have a hardware modchip is to not have to do any softmods, or modify any IOS. Saying to go USB because it's easier and fixed sooner is valid, but still goes against the whole reason I don't already use USB.

otaytoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
c00ld00d said:
Lazycus said:
c00ld00d said:
triassic911 said:
c00ld00d said:
I patched the iso with the New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_main.dol_FiX_Wii-iND patch. It updated my wii to 4.1U as expected. Then I keep getting "An Error has occurred.. Please eject" error. I have a wiikey v1. Old backups still work fine. Trying to get this game to play without installing HBC. Please advise.
Impossible. You MUST use homebrew channel as you need to use dop-ios to trucha patch ios 53 and whatever ios 4.1 uses.

Thanks for the response. I guess I'll have to install HBC via bannerbomb.
Since I will be installing HBC, what is the easiest way to play this game? Reading up on dop-iso and trucha patch seemed confusing (and dangerous).
If i just use NeoGamma R8Beta7 as a backup launcher, will it play the unpatched game without installing any iso or cios?

TIA
You will have to install at least one cIOS or trucha patch a few existing IOS to get it to run. If you already have burnt a patched ISO simply install HBC, install cIOS rev14 as IOS249, and then run the disc via NeoGamma R8Beta7. That's the least "invasive" way to get it going since you aren't modifying any official IOS.

Success story:
1) Installed HBC on 4.1U via Bannerbomb
2) Burned an unpatched NTSC iso
3) Ran NeoGamma R8B12 without cios install whatsoever (have wiikey v1 as mentioned above. It did say missing cIOS but I ignored it)
4) Game runs fine without any problems.

This seems to be the simplest and fastest method without playing around without installing anything to modify the wii settings itself.
Now I kinda want to try running things off USB or SD. But first, can someone guide me to installing the NeoGamma as a channel?
Thanks for everything!

Thanks c00ld00d and wiipower (for NeoGamma)! I had success with c00ld00d's method above. Similarities are wiikey v1 and no cIOS installed. Primary difference is that I am at 3.2U, instead of 4.1U. Played for 45 minutes with no problem. I'll play more tomorrow and report any issues.

ZeeMox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woohoo! Just got this working. This is what I had to do:

1. Started with a safely patched 4.2U Wii w/ Wiikey 1.9s - this means I'd already followed xzxero's guide, installing The Homebrew Channel, Bootmii, Priiloader, and Trucha bugging ios36. I didn't install cios. Of these steps, I believe only the homebrew channel and trucha bugging was necessary, but installing Bootmii and making a NAND backup is always a good idea before attempting the latter.
2. Used any file deleter to completely delete my ios53. I did this because it wasn't successfully trucha bugging it.
3. Used dop-ios to install and patch latest ios53, then patch ios70.
4. Inserted patched NSMB Wii disc (ind patch)

I can't tell you how many hours I spent learning about all this stuff, when all I'd done before was solder my Wiikey to the board. And the number of failed solutions I tried? Blah. The good news is, I now have a hardmodded 4.2U Wii with a NAND backup, bootmii, and priiloader all good to go, so my future looks bright. Let's see what kind of crazy shenanigans we have to pull to get Super Mario Galaxy 2 running!

eucrides

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, I have, more or less, the same config you......

I have the 4.2U Wii, the original nintendo one, with WiiKEY 1.9s......

What steps I have to do to play this game ???

I have donwload the QwiiF version (USA), and the main.dol FIX. I fix the image and burning. The disc channel don´t read the disc. I try to burn the original image, without the FIX and work just level 1-1, then black screen with error message.

I don´t have HBC and other stuff like this, everything was deleted with 4.2U update. (i think USB Loader GX still there, I will see....)

What I have to do ???

goober22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eucrides said:

I have donwload the QwiiF version (USA), and the main.dol FIX. I fix the image and burning. The disc channel don´t read the disc. I try to burn the original image, without the FIX and work just level 1-1, then black screen with error message.

I don´t have HBC and other stuff like this, everything was deleted with 4.2U update. (i think USB Loader GX still there, I will see....)

What I have to do ???

You also need a patched IOS53 to allow the game to run and probably a patched IOS70 as I believe that is what 4.2U runs under. Go to bootmii.org and install it and the home brew channel. From there you can install dop-ios and get/patch the 2 IOSs. Also read/search the forums for more on bootmii/HBC.

eucrides

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok thanks....

I want to find a way to play without instal bootMii or HBC, but I think its impossible, for now....

I go to install HBC and BootMii and do a softmod at my Wii and play at USB Loader.....

Thanks for help......

elscorcho0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eucrides said:

What I have to do ???

I have the same exact issue as you. I am just waiting to see if the wiikey team will release a firmware update. It doesn't sound very likely from what I hear from other forums, but I can wait. Has anyone heard anything? If the wiikey is no longer supported then I'll look into other options.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
elscorcho0 said:
eucrides said:

What I have to do ???

I have the same exact issue as you. I am just waiting to see if the wiikey team will release a firmware update. It doesn't sound very likely from what I hear from other forums, but I can wait. Has anyone heard anything? If the wiikey is no longer supported then I'll look into other options.

Real easy if you can't wait for a WiiKey fix:

Install HBC via Bannerbomb from a SD Card (http://bootmii.org/install).
Put the latest NeoGamma (R8 beta 12) on a SD card (http://www.mediafire.com/?4vzzxznzymg).
Run NeoGamma from HBC and launch the unpatched ISO from disc, or from SD, or USB. (this assumes you can run the latest NeoGamma without any cIOS as stated in this thread - if not you will also have to get cIOS38rev14 installed as IOS249)

eucrides

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It´s work !!!!!!!! In a Wii 4.2U / WiiKey 1.9s , with the nintendo official update, at the DISC CHANNEL, not usin any loader !!!!!!!!

- HackMii installer (using BannerBomb V2) and install BootMii (for a NAND backup, you dont know when you need one.....) and de HBC

- Trucha Bug Restorer 1.1

- Bunr the image fixed (I used the WIISOS NTSC)

- And Play.... hehehehe

Idon´t have the tutorial here, I´m at work, later I post the links....

Thanks for ZeeMax because in tutorial don´t say to patch the IOS53, i try and don´t work, after I read his message I patch de IOS53 and IOS70 again then works.

B

bluetieman

Quick question - hope this wasn't addressed before, so please don't kill me. I have the 4.2U firmware installed, yet when I put the disc in, which I am able to run from GECKOS, the Wii game window is indicating an update disc is inserted. Does anyone have a clue as to what this is and what will happen if I run the update if there is one. Thanks alot.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using unpatched 1:1 on DVD-R. Running WiiKey v1 1.9s. Firmware 3.2U. Using latest HBC, load up NeoGamma R8b12. Warns you about no CIOS, just wait a moment and press any button to continue. Select the first option (DVD defaults). Flawless.

No trucha signed IOS53 or any of that nonsense. NGR8b12 actively removes the new protection. That's all that is needed for modchips. You can already do the rest.

@bluetieman
The game comes with a firmware update to 4.1, so I am not sure why you are getting an update notification. Are you using the PAL release? If so, get the USA/NTSC one. If not, are you using a chip, softmod (which?), etc?

hasteveha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I start up the game, when the logo new super mario bros wii appears, the background looks a little pixelated. it looks almost like dead pixels. Anyone else have this problem? I'm running the game on a 52 samsung tv with component cables

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nUrYC-wHwzQ?si=CIF5SWwWIx4sXmqH