Wii #1752 - New Super Mario Bros. Wii (USA)

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
been waiting for this!
biggrin.gif

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retal said:
Overrated crap.

If I wanted to play Super Mario Bros. I'd turn on my SNES, but I don't, because I finished that years ago.

This is like Super Mario for casuals.

Um, have you played the game?

This is the hardest Mario game ever. They don't give you yoshi houses to get free crap all the time, they don't give you extra saveable items to drop down whenever you need them. The final Bowser fight is the most out of control tough Mario boss there has ever been. The game ramps up in dificulty after the first world. Not only all of this, but try to play 4-Player and not die every 4 seconds from someone jumping on your head and sending you into a pit of lava.

This is one of the best games I have ever played, and I'm the most critical gamer I've ever met. This game restored my faith in the video game industry, in creativity, in dedication to the gamer. It has classic written all over it, every second is pure nostalgia.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this game was done in like 3 days, thats mainly because it got cracked on monday and i work full time...

heres where you are wrong:
the difficulty does go up, but it is not as extreme as you say.
the final bowser fight was INSANELY easy. i got hit 1 time, 1st time through. kamek was tougher
it probably will be a classic, but after like another week of fiddling around, ill be done and i won't go back, unless i ever get more wii remotes and people want to play.
the star coins are really hard to find without using a guide, that makes the game difficult to complete. but beating the game is actually rather easy, including star coins 7.5/10, without star coins 5/10

i don't know, maybe i am just that good at mario games

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's easier 1 player. I haven't played single player, and I'd consider myself pretty good at mario games. I did find myself sometimes wanting to take off while my co-players were dicking around with simple stuff. I'll have to go through it by myself I guess to really rate the difficulty, but, you should try to play with 4 players and see if you can't yell at everyone holding a controller for more than 5 minutes.

B-Blue

slut
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Retal said:
Overrated crap.

If I wanted to play Super Mario Bros. I'd turn on my SNES, but I don't, because I finished that years ago.

This is like Super Mario for casuals.

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess!
You haven't even played the damn game! Believe me even if you're a "H4RD C0R3 GAM3R", you'll find this game to be incredibly HARD!
World 9 is just ridiculously difficult. You're gonna die so many times and that damn green block will appear and you'll be tempted to use it just to see how to pass a certain part of a level. I guess they weren't lying about this game being "devilishly difficult".

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who has gotten this game, is it confirmed working on NTSC..I have firmware 4.0 so just want to be sure..I also have a mod chip and soft mod

Kevin242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there zero chance this will work with just a hard modded Wii? Is there anything I can do to the .iso before burning to get it to work without soft modding my Wii?

thanks!!

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is only considered hard because people have forgotten about Super Mario Bros. 3 in the deluge of bullshit recently. It's just a return to form in difficulty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here