Wii #1740 - Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Europe)

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
NTSC-U version was around 800 MB scrubbed, so I hope to see this dump in a scrubbed download soon
tongue.gif

Great game, apparently.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never thought this game was relatively good at all. It's just incredibly overrated because of its art style, like Okami. In the end it seems to me to be glorified button mashing, and even as a button masher it's too much.

fuzzyponken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
I never thought this game was relatively good at all. It's just incredibly overrated because of its art style, like Okami. In the end it seems to me to be glorified button mashing, and even as a button masher it's too much.
Though flawed, I certainly enjoyed the gameplay. The bosses were mostly fun and the random encounters felt pretty satisfying when you started to learn how to make the best use of your moves instead of mashing your way through. It also looks gorgeous when you're gracefully flowing across the screen, slicing through enemies and hitting back projectiles without taking any damage.
The main problem with this product is that it can't really decide whether it's an RPG or a brawler. Like how the random encounters are isolated "battle mode" events instead of there just being enemies thrown in here and there. It really takes me out of the flow when that "scoreboard" or whatever it is pops up after every fight. I wonder if they originally wanted to have it more like an RPG but wound up cutting a bunch of stuff, because the RPG elements seem really half assed, and the fighting doesn't carry the game for as long as you need to play it to finish it.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IxisNaugus said:
Gitaroo said:
does it have Eng Voice over?
No they kept the original Japanese voice over. Something about English voice overs ruining the experience of the game i think...
Yep, that's correct. "We felt the game was deeply steeped in Japanese tradition, mythology, and culture that trying to dub it, trying to make something more Western is really not a service to the product,"

Source

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b