Wii #1683 - LEGO Rock Band (USA)

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wonder what the songs in this are... but i'm still downloading this...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Rock_Band#Soundtrack

Think there are like 20 I would actually like to play, a couple are on GH but I perfer RB. No interested in Band Hero (horrible tracklisting) but I'll grab this seeing it'll cost me nothing and Ghostbusters theme is on it.
yaypsp.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like a terrible concept, honestly. When you're playing GH/RB, do you really focus on the background or are you just incredibly in focus on the buttons scrolling across the screen? So what's the point of making them Legos? It's basically Rock Band with a bad track listing (for the most part).

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
It seems like a terrible concept, honestly. When you're playing GH/RB, do you really focus on the background or are you just incredibly in focus on the buttons scrolling across the screen? So what's the point of making them Legos? It's basically Rock Band with a bad track listing (for the most part).
Well some of us are so good that we don't need to follow the button guides which allows us to view the badly animated and generic characters singing and playing along to the songs, at least the Lego characters look less cringeworthy.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I love Guitar Hero / Rock Band games and I LEGO is really something of my childhood. It's going to be a lot of fun to see these mixed! I'll wait for the PAL release though. It's scheduled for november 27th.

By the way, this is the PAL boxart. This is the NTSC-U boxart:
959648_123958_front.jpg

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thordrian said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Well some of us are so good that we don't need to follow the button guides which allows us to view the badly animated and generic characters singing and playing along to the songs, at least the Lego characters look less cringeworthy.

Beatles: Rock Band had amazing looking animations, though. Too bad I'm so terrible at the game that when I did try watching the videos in the background I started failing miserably.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have to agree with Guild. I can't be bothered with this game. I have a bunch of GH/RB games now and I love em. Having a game that focuses on children/comedy is too much for me. I wan't to focus on the bars on screen and my Les Paul. Some bunch of lego characters will only distract and irritate in my opinion.
In Lego Indiana Jones and Batman I loved the subtle humour and the cheeky characters. I don't need that in a guitar game.

I'll skip this one.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news, harmonix decided to screw the wii by making DLC unplayable in this game, but playable on 360/ps3 lol. Reviews state it looks even worse then rock band 2 as well. Awesome. I'll wait till RawkSD can import the songs, but i'll still play it just to check it out on usb.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
IGN score, off course it doesn't mean everything but my initial thoughts are backupped by these scores:

7.5 Presentation
Everything is totally adorable. LEGO musicians and cute cutscenes. The menus are slow though and the load screens are long and frequent.
5.0 Graphics
The game looks pretty bad, even for a Wii title. The text is hard to read, the models are jaggy. No excuse when there's a pretty good RB2 engine for the Wii.
7.0 Sound
A 45 song setlist is really weak in this day and age. The songs are such a mixed bag that it's hard to get into, though there are some great ones in there.
7.5 Gameplay
It's Rock Band, which is great. But where's the multiplayer, or any of the extra features that were in previous titles?
4.0 Lasting Appeal
No music store, no DLC support, and no exportable songs for this version. What a ripoff.
Mediocre OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game isnt very good at all. I just got done playing it and Band Hero back to back and Band Hero wipes the floor with it in everyway.

spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I`m getting a black screen when booting this using USB Loader GX IOS249. It starts black, flashes green, then goes black again. Anyone know what to do

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right. you don't use ios249 for rb/gh games. I don't know how some of the rb games have been working with ios249 up to now; I've never had luck with ios249 with gh games.

Anyway, get hermes v4 cios. you need cios38+37 for gh/rb games. Install as 222 or 223, and install cios38+60 for the other one for more compatibility with other games.

hermes v4 cios38+37 and anti002 will work 100% for gh/rb. no other settings required.

edit: not 100% since there's sd/wii dlc problems, but otherwise..

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think most people seem to be missing the point of this release. It's intended to make Rock Band more child friendly, hence the lego characters and crappier, more generic track list.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse