Wii #1598 - Rock Band 2 (Europe)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird that Beatles Rock Band came out in Europe first and before the Europe version of Rock Band 2.

Anyone care or have you like me already played the USA version to death?

I wouldn't mind knowing what the instruments are like, the first games Wii ones were awful. Ditto with The Beatles one, so much so I returned them and got my refund. Hofner bass was pretty though.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
melodical said:
Does anyone know if you can import tracks from Rockband 1 ntsc INTO Rockband 2 Pal?

If this release supports SDHC, then hopefully RawkSD will get updated to support it. If it does, you can import Rock Band 1 as DLC for this release.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
quepaso said:
melodical said:
Does anyone know if you can import tracks from Rockband 1 ntsc INTO Rockband 2 Pal?

If this release supports SDHC, then hopefully RawkSD will get updated to support it. If it does, you can import Rock Band 1 as DLC for this release.

Cheers for the reply quepaso! I got the latest version of RAWK and didn't realise you needed to have an sdhc card to card to use RAWKSD as im only using a 2gb sd card (with 4.2 softmod on)??? I've got the rawk sd pc app installed and have exported about 6 or 7 different GH and RB game tracks with mixed pal/ntsc formats and exported tracks using it. Your saying these wont currently work together on my pal wii using Rawk??

Also, is it possible to run rawk ANOTHER WAY apart from installing CIOScorp?

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
melodical said:
quepaso said:
melodical said:

Cheers for the reply quepaso! I got the latest version of RAWK and didn't realise you needed to have an sdhc card to card to use RAWKSD as im only using a 2gb sd card (with 4.2 softmod on)??? I've got the rawk sd pc app installed and have exported about 6 or 7 different GH and RB game tracks with mixed pal/ntsc formats and exported tracks using it. Your saying these wont currently work together on my pal wii using Rawk??

It works on normal SD cards, but why bother since you can have it on a single large SDHC card? And i dont know myself about rawkSD, since i have a Wiikey modchip and would like to avoid installing cioscorp, but i havent tried it due to no SDHC support yet.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thordrian said:
Weird that Beatles Rock Band came out in Europe first and before the Europe version of Rock Band 2.

Anyone care or have you like me already played the USA version to death?

I wouldn't mind knowing what the instruments are like, the first games Wii ones were awful. Ditto with The Beatles one, so much so I returned them and got my refund. Hofner bass was pretty though.
I immediately had to revise my official GH Les Paul when I got it. It responded bad when strumming fast. I sticked several layers of black tape on the bottom of the strumbar. After that I was much happier with it. Still I think my guitar could be better. In fact I believe that the instrument's flaws keeps me from getting a perfect on the harder difficulties.

It kept annoying me so much that I decided to buy a real Les Paul (a clone) and just play the real thing.
wink.gif

ctkxtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:
melodical said:
quepaso said:
melodical said:

It works on normal SD cards, but why bother since you can have it on a single large SDHC card? And i dont know myself about rawkSD, since i have a Wiikey modchip and would like to avoid installing cioscorp, but i havent tried it due to no SDHC support yet.

Except this person doesn't know that Rock Band 2 on Wii didn't support ANY type of SDHC cards, and the ones who did the 4gb trick had to buy this one.

transcend_4gb-sd.jpg

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ctkxtreme said:
quepaso said:
melodical said:
quepaso said:
melodical said:

Except this person doesn't know that Rock Band 2 on Wii didn't support ANY type of SDHC cards, and the ones who did the 4gb trick had to buy this one.

transcend_4gb-sd.jpg

The entire point of posting in this thread, was to see if SDHC support has been added to the PAL release, as it should have been, since Beatles Rock Band supports it and its already out. FFS man.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
My query actually wasn't really to do with the issue of SDHC. I was merely trying to find out the following:

I have exported about 6 or 7 different GH and RB game tracks with mixed pal/ntsc formats and exported tracks using it.

1. Will these work together on my pal wii using Rawk OR using any other in-game method?? Will it play both regions of exported tracks mixed together on one sd card?
2. Is it possible to run rawk ANOTHER WAY apart from installing CIOScorp?
3. Whats the 4gb trick all about? Do you mean swapping sd cards over after game has loaded? If not can you point me in the right direction?
4. Is the 4gb SD card pic shown in this thread higly recommended amongst rawk users?
5. I currently play ntsc rockband 2 via configurable usb loader and it works fine. I have heard that there are issues when trying to play a backup copys of the NTSC disk. Does anyone know if the PAL version will work via the backup disk?

Does anyone else have any knowledge on this?

Thanks to all who have previously replied to my queries!
smile.gif

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought europe had this all ready?!? but i guess not... and no SHDC support? hmmmmmm.....

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
DJPlace said:
i thought europe had this all ready?!? but i guess not... and no SHDC support? hmmmmmm.....

Yeah we've had it forever....

HMX and EA have been holding out on us like they have been with the RB2 instruments. The original release was December, then April, Then June and FINALLY October 9th almost a year after the games original release in the US (I think)

Keen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superbob said:
Do anyone knows if this release is a multi-[something] language release (especially french) ? (It should be but a confirm would be great)

French language included
wink.gif
but still no SDHC support
frown.gif

And store is not up yet...

superbob

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Keen said:
superbob said:
Do anyone knows if this release is a multi-[something] language release (especially french) ? (It should be but a confirm would be great)

French language included
wink.gif
frown.gif

Thx for the confirmation
smile.gif
Sad for the SDHC no support ... moreover, don't know if SD mode DLC content issues have been fixed with latest cIOSes (wanin rev14 or hermes), hope they are ...
Does anyone know if RawkSD (will) support this release ?

creepingcreep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
superbob said:
Keen said:
superbob said:

French language included
wink.gif
frown.gif

Thx for the confirmation
smile.gif
Sad for the SDHC no support ... moreover, don't know if SD mode DLC content issues have been fixed with latest cIOSes (wanin rev14 or hermes), hope they are ...
Does anyone know if RawkSD (will) support this release ?

Thats a good question. I have played the US release to death via USB loader because I just couldnt get it to work on disc via my wiikey, so could never get Rawk SD to work either.
So only reason really to care that the pal release is out is, does it work with Rawk SD? or do we have to wait for it to be updated? I will try it myself once I get home and get this DL but anyone tried it already?

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
DJPlace said:

Yeah we've had it forever....

HMX and EA have been holding out on us like they have been with the RB2 instruments. The original release was December, then April, Then June and FINALLY October 9th almost a year after the games original release in the US (I think)

Yeah US got it in Dec. of last year I believe, Wonder why it took so long for Europe to get it? :/
Anyway played through it to death already. Bring on RB3 :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all