Wii #1557 - Spyborgs (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Chanser
    OP

Chanser :o

Jun 27, 2006
    Monaco
    ^^wiirelease-2965^^

2. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    damn europe get's it before us... i wanted to try this but oh well i'm going wait for the us realsasle

3. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Been waiting a long time for this game, it has a retro Dreamcast beat-em-up feel about it but I've got this feeling that this will be average.

Video Games | Spyborgs | SDCC 09: Co-Op Gameplay Part IXBox 360 | Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii

4. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    downloading now.......OH YEAH!

5. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    I dont think this game will turn out to be that good... And I always thought, that the very first trailer looked way better then the final product, since it didn`t took itself too serious!

But it`s a beat`m`up so it should still be fun in co-op!

6. jan777

jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Jan 4, 2008
    how big it is scrubbed?

tnx

7. florian

florian GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2008
    France
    work on wii pal in 4.1e with wiikey 1.9s.... [​IMG] just brickblocked in case or

8. mhadf

mhadf Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2008
    United States
    Jan 777 it's 3.07gb scrubbed [​IMG]

9. Hooya

Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 25, 2006
    United States
    Central Illinois
    That trailer makes me think it'll be nothing but frustrating play control the whole way through.

I'll maybe download to try it but I might actually delete the game from my hard drive if the scrubbed is really over 3GB.

10. dryo

dryo GBAtemp Regular

Dec 11, 2005
    Mexico
    guys.....don't you see any resemblance with Captain Commando? I mean...the guy totally looks like him....and well theres a ninja....in this case, a woman,,and a robot, in this case it's not controlled by a baby....and it's a beat em up.....Hummmmmm it's capcom trying to oversell with this bullshit? BAD CAPCCOM BAD!

11. CasperH

CasperH Newbie

Darn, the game could be so much better with WiFi [​IMG]

12. luke_c

luke_c Big Boss

Jun 16, 2008
    Land of England
    If this had Wi-Fi it would be awesome, game overall looks fabulous.

13. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    You kids (well I'm 16, but it's fun to say) are way too reliant on WiFi. Some games don't need WiFi. Like Contra, it's a game made for local multiplayer so you can punch your buddy if he steals your power-up. Spyborgs is definately looking like a local multiplayer game that would blow on Wi-Fi. That human interaction makes it so much better. Well, that's the same for any co-op beat 'em up.

Anyway, my novelty noob question, will it work if auto-forced to NTSC with NeoGamma v7 and cIOS rev14? I don't really feel like wasting a DVD so it would be nice to know.

Otherwise, I have high expectations to this game. I love beamups, and this looks promising.

14. ChrisRX

ChrisRX GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2006
    I barely ever use wifi, and you know why? Because I get more fun of playing with my friends in the room.
    Does no-one remember before the days of the internet walking round to their friend's house and playing some contra with them? I do, because they never ended.

15. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    I think it is always a matter of the possibilities, that are given related to the multiplayer. To have Wi-Fi doesn`t and IMO shouldn`t absolutely rule out a local multiplayer expirience and vice versa... That`s why I don`t get this argument. But these days it seems like we can`t have both... [​IMG]

But I`ll still definitely try this game!

16. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I'm just saying that Wi-Fi isn't a bad thing, it's just that people immediately think if a game has multiplayer it'll blow without Wi-Fi or every game should have Wi-Fi. There's some games that aren't just as good on Wi-Fi as on local multiplayer, mostly co-op games. And with the Wii having 99% of games not using Wii Speak (the only ones being The Conduit and Animal Crossing, even then it's not the same open-speak experience like Halo or Call of Duty), it's not a real replacement. It would work with Wi-Fi, but overall would be a weak point instead of a strong point.

I'm just saying gamers nowadays don't seem to think highly of local multiplayer games and don't appreciate it. I guess I'm not always the most clear minded when arguing (you can now quote this whenever I make a long rant, congrats).

17. EvanUnisil

EvanUnisil GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2006
    Canada
    Anyone actually play the game yet? Is it any good?

18. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    Unfortunately I guess that`s true. There is still no substitude to local muliplayer and that`s why it is really a shame, that developers nowadays go one way by given the option of either local or wi-fi... For example a FPS (even though I am not that expirienced in that genre) without local-multiplayer is unacceptable...

To sum up, I can say that esspecially with game like this both option should be available... But if I had to choose I would definitely like a local-mulitplayer more then wi-fi with a game like Spyborgs!

19. nIxx

nIxx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    I think this game is really good and makes a lot fun i expected a much more boring game.

20. _Contra_

_Contra_ GBAtemp Fan

Feb 11, 2009
    Italy
    [Wii] Spyborgs [First look]

By _Contra_