XP
Country
United States
Lakerfanalways said:
Cookie238 said:
id do it to be safe

Posts merged

Lakerfanalways said:
Since I have a mod chip, do I still have to update the "IOS56-64-V5146.wad" file or do I not need to do this..I am running firmware 4.0 USA Wii

id do it to be safe

just incase

I guess after I burn the game and put it in the Wii, I will get that message correct? I've never updated a Wad file when the game is in the wii so I wouldn't even know what to do

same thing happend to me when i burned it i wrote up a guide for usb loading the game but i might be able to help u have u instaled the hermes cios???

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have played the first 3 sets and encountered bugs with In My Place, All Along the Watch Tower and Sympathy for the Devil so far, not sure if it's my drive but I am running it using Configurable Loader IOS223 37/36 merger with the Hermes setup. I am going to try the other dump as it is supposed to have fixes in it so hopefully it fixes the bugs with sound and video going completely out of whack with eachother. If not, I am going to have to swap drives which will take forever.

Zane_pollard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES!!!! Pay and Play! I've been waiting!!!
yay.gif

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lookie401 said:
I have a different problem...

The game loads via modchip and disc channel BUT for some reason it doesn't work on THIS guitar. This sucks since it DID work for GH3, WT, GHA, GHM, and RB2. The guitar was MADE for Guitar Hero.

Anybody have that same guitar and have the same problem?

EDIT: For some reason the link highlighted the PS3 guitar. The Wii version is there so just manually select it.

I have two of those Frontman guitars as well (the yellow versions that the remotes slip into), and I was also having those problems last night. At first, neither of the two guitars would connect. After a few tries, one would connect but not the second. Still don't know why that was / is, but eventually I got them both to work. What I do is boot the game and then keep resetting until it works.

It's like the remote doesn't remap to the guitar buttons or something. If you notice when it doesn't let you navigate the menus with your guitar only the + button on the remote itself will work while plugged into the guitar body. But I do find that the reset button eventually gets it working. You can tell the guitar is working correctly when it allows you to skip the safety screen with the green fret button.

But I agree. This guitar was compatible with everything and now this game goes and messes it up (or at least makes it much more frustratingly difficult). If you figure out a better solution, please send it my way or post it here on the forums.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chrisf said:
IchigoSJ said:
Can you play this game with out any instruments?

im sure you could fart along with the songs if you really wanted to.
Unless your trying to be funny I meant without buying the extra plastic instruments and just using your wii remote.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kid sampson said:
I have two of those Frontman guitars as well (the yellow versions that the remotes slip into), and I was also having those problems last night. At first, neither of the two guitars would connect. After a few tries, one would connect but not the second. Still don't know why that was / is, but eventually I got them both to work. What I do is boot the game and then keep resetting until it works.

It's like the remote doesn't remap to the guitar buttons or something. If you notice when it doesn't let you navigate the menus with your guitar only the + button on the remote itself will work while plugged into the guitar body. But I do find that the reset button eventually gets it working. You can tell the guitar is working correctly when it allows you to skip the safety screen with the green fret button.

But I agree. This guitar was compatible with everything and now this game goes and messes it up (or at least makes it much more frustratingly difficult). If you figure out a better solution, please send it my way or post it here on the forums.
Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out when I have some free time.

I guess I can only play via disc channel as if I try to play via USB loader hitting the reset button will return to the Wii System Menu.

EDIT: So I try the resetting trick and got it to work. But it's annoying to keep doing that... I hope somebody can make some "patch" or "ocarina code" to fix it. :/

lvholanda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem, i'm at 4.0U, getting a black screen booting from disc channel, modchip is Wiikey, I have to install the IOS, correct?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RedHero said:
Gah, I only have the 360 GH2 Guitar (wired with USB connector). I'd be really gratefull if someone could manage to make a program so I could use it for the Wii.
if they didnt do it for GH4 or GH metallica then why would they do it for this? the effort is too great to be worth it really.

also, whats the hardest song in the game. biggest challenges that i've faced are from GH 2 and 3 really, when the songs were actually rock and had some guitar. not like GH4, makin the game all pussyish lol

also, cant be arsed readin every page, but has anyone managed to get the USB loaders workin with it yet? and does it play via cIOSCORP 3.3 loading?

QUOTE(NickPDX @ Aug 29 2009, 02:37 AM) what method did you use to get the ISO off the disc? I tried "[1909]trucha021" and got an error.

UPDATE: I got wiiscrubber and was able to get into the contents of the game. The problem now is that I already removed the update from the ISO so the IOS isn't there for me to pull from the ISO. Would somebody be kind enough to send me a PM with an alternative method for getting the ISO? Thanks!

UPDATE 2: Thanks to the people who have looked to help me out but I forgot to mention I am on an NTSC/US Wii.
and this is a silly post. getting the ISO off the disc is essentially saying 'how do you get the disc off the disc?' lol

google the IOS you're searching for and find your answer.

and the final silly thing is that the game isnt close to release here in the UK (as far as i know), hence it HAS to be an NTSC game it's come from... anyways, most IOS are region shareable haha

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lookie401 said:
kid sampson said:

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out when I have some free time.

I guess I can only play via disc channel as if I try to play via USB loader hitting the reset button will return to the Wii System Menu.

EDIT: So I try the resetting trick and got it to work. But it's annoying to keep doing that... I hope somebody can make some "patch" or "ocarina code" to fix it. :/

I also got these guitars to work by simply unplugging and reconnecting the controllers a few times without resetting, but yes both are annoying procedures to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @SylverReZ I didn't say I watched either, did I? I didn't actively watch them, rather, I had the...