Wii #1411 - Overlord: Dark Legend (USA)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've had the Euro one for a while now and I now have a retail copy.

As I said before, its lighter than the first Overlord and it could have done with more dev time to make it great but for me its Wii game of the month. The tone and humour keeps it going for me.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The gameplay and controls sometimes feel very clunky at times, therefore definitely not game of the month for me. How some people initially talked about some similarities with Pikmin is almost an insult. Yeah, you lead your minions. Well not always it seems, because sometimes they just like to disobey. But that's probably also a control issue.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people have said the controls are clunky but I don't see it at all, perhaps its because they're so much better then they are on the PC. Not had no problems with the minions not doing what I wanted.

It is fairly short though.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely gonna give it a rent, but wanted to catch up with Klonoa first. But I've always been attracted to the whole Overlord vibe. The premise looks fun, and the Fable-esque landscapes look pretty. Honestly, though, I always got a sort of Pikmin impression of the game as well. Of course, there wasn't much ole Olimar could do in terms of jumping in the fray.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On the one hand, it's Overlord for the Wii. Good humour, and interesting gameplay.

On the other hand it's pure shovelware imo, a lame attempt to get some $$$ out of Wii owners. Comparing this version to the PS3 or 360 versions makes this look like a sick joke on Overlord fans.

It's terribly short. Like 5-6 hours doing every side quest, buying every armor/weapon upgrade, and getting every extra health/mana/spell idol.
The controls are crap. You have to hold down the B button and the minions go one at a time to the target. Sweeping is incredibly wonky. You can sweep your guys into a bunch of breakable objects against a wall and they will leave half unbroken.
It dead easy. Playing on the normal level you will rarely ever lose a minion. I only died once in the game to a certain boss you have to use a specific spell on.
It's buggy. The game froze up at least once an hour on me when trying to load new areas. I know it's not my system as I've never had a freeze before or after this game.

So glad I didn't actually spend any money on this. I'd be so pissed if I bought this crap for $50.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: