Wii #1411 - Overlord: Dark Legend (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Jun 27, 2009.

Jun 27, 2009
  1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    ^^wiirelease-2328^^

2. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    I guess Hadrian will be happy to see this.

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    We've had the Euro one for a while now and I now have a retail copy.

As I said before, its lighter than the first Overlord and it could have done with more dev time to make it great but for me its Wii game of the month. The tone and humour keeps it going for me.

4. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    The gameplay and controls sometimes feel very clunky at times, therefore definitely not game of the month for me. How some people initially talked about some similarities with Pikmin is almost an insult. Yeah, you lead your minions. Well not always it seems, because sometimes they just like to disobey. But that's probably also a control issue.

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Some people have said the controls are clunky but I don't see it at all, perhaps its because they're so much better then they are on the PC. Not had no problems with the minions not doing what I wanted.

It is fairly short though.

6. Blue Zoidberg

Member Blue Zoidberg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Isn't this a kind of Dungeon Keeper game?

7. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Definitely gonna give it a rent, but wanted to catch up with Klonoa first. But I've always been attracted to the whole Overlord vibe. The premise looks fun, and the Fable-esque landscapes look pretty. Honestly, though, I always got a sort of Pikmin impression of the game as well. Of course, there wasn't much ole Olimar could do in terms of jumping in the fray.

8. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    This game is very fun for me. So far much more enjoyable than The Conduit...

9. Dragoon709

Member Dragoon709 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Any of the new game issues (health/green/black screen freeze) or any of that with this one?

10. Hillsy_

Member Hillsy_ GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yep, it is similiar; If you like Dungeon Keeper you should like this. The first Overlord was a decent game.

11. Retrievil

Member Retrievil GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    On the one hand, it's Overlord for the Wii. Good humour, and interesting gameplay.

On the other hand it's pure shovelware imo, a lame attempt to get some $$$ out of Wii owners. Comparing this version to the PS3 or 360 versions makes this look like a sick joke on Overlord fans.

It's terribly short. Like 5-6 hours doing every side quest, buying every armor/weapon upgrade, and getting every extra health/mana/spell idol.
    The controls are crap. You have to hold down the B button and the minions go one at a time to the target. Sweeping is incredibly wonky. You can sweep your guys into a bunch of breakable objects against a wall and they will leave half unbroken.
    It dead easy. Playing on the normal level you will rarely ever lose a minion. I only died once in the game to a certain boss you have to use a specific spell on.
    It's buggy. The game froze up at least once an hour on me when trying to load new areas. I know it's not my system as I've never had a freeze before or after this game.

So glad I didn't actually spend any money on this. I'd be so pissed if I bought this crap for $50.