Wii #1405 - Another Code: R - A Journey into Lost Memories (Europe)

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've decided I'm going to play this game, if only for the very nice looking boxart. It somehow reminds me of a ghibli movie screenshot.
smile.gif

jdevil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this initially when the japanese release earlier this year happened. It kinda fell off the radar for me. But i did get trace memory for my DS, one of my first few games in fact, and I enjoyed that. I'll probably play this when I'm done the 6 other games I'm in the middle of.

Popin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm excited for this. I played the DS game after Hotel Dusk, so I did find short and a tad easy, but still had fun playing it. I'll probably buy it when the price comes down a bit.

tenentenen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tried it of ntsc. it came up in the disk menu but then once start is clicked it ust goes to a black screen..........anyone else?

edit: Never mind. it must have been a bad burn. tried again got it. wii brick blocker and wiigion free. hooray

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
Just to spread the word; I got the old classic "001 unauthorized device has been detected" error with my Pal wii (Firmware 4.0, wiikey 1.9s) when running through the normal disc channel - however, running through the latest Gecko on the homebrew channel, as usual, solved the problem.

So far it's fun. Me and the the little lady enjoyed playing the DS game and she loves the puzzles. It's a bit slow and dialogue heavy, with some of the interactions being somewhat lack luster - that is to say after a collection of seemingly pointless monologues, you can click a selected phrase or pro from the interviewee and ... back to more chin wagging. Don't get me wrong, I have played the DS and that was the same format, I just forgot how quickly tedium and thumb cramp resulting from progressing chat forward, sets in.

Also, I'm slightly disappointed (from what I've played) by the lack of voice acting and the currently simplicity of the "puzzles" .

Anyway, I didn't want to turn this into a review per say, just my 2 cents.

M

SwitchNOW

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
[Wii] Another Code R: A Journey into Lost Memories [Main Theme]

Another Code R: A Journey into Lost Memories FIRST LOOK

Another Code R: A Journey into Lost Memories [DAS*NintendoDSi]

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I want to know if anyone else is having problems with a burned copy. Sound in videos is stuttering and has interference. I haven't encountered problems with any other games before this, and tried two different burns.

lou_weed

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
no problems here on PAL 4.0E / cios rev13 / usbloader GX.

game looks nice, dont own a DS so its my first time with the series. i dont like games without voice acting , as my eyes kinda bleed after a few hours of reading , but it looks interesting , especially after setting message speed to fastest.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so what do you guys think of the game? i played up to chapter 3 and i can't help think that it's incredibly boring...
story goes nowhere and there is not a single puzzle in sight

Bumcats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tenentenen said:
With no US release in sight, anyone get it working on ntsc?
I got it working with an HDloader. Haven't burned it but hear some people having problems playing it on disc? idk.

QUOTE(Magus @ Jun 28 2009, 07:49 AM) so what do you guys think of the game? i played up to chapter 3 and i can't help think that it's incredibly boring...
It feels alot slower paced than the DS one so at times it may feel boring. I like it. I'm at the same part as you and I assume it gets better later. And was Ashley always such a B in the first game? Man, been awhile.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Magus said:
so what do you guys think of the game? i played up to chapter 3 and i can't help think that it's incredibly boring...

I really love this game,
Its totaly the style of game i love to play.
Its more or less like a Book and hardly anything else
would have preffered it if they would have the text spoken ...
I do not need the game in german if there would be voice in it oO

I am really thinking of buying this great game, only bad think at a game like this is that there is no replay value
so without any extras or whatever its a real hard decission to buy or not to buy

JYC673

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.0U, cIOScorp, AnyRegion changer and Preloader; having choppy audio, but it works fine. Going to try it on a higher burn speed and with RegionFrii instead of Wii Region Patcher

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tenentenen said:
With no US release in sight, anyone get it working on ntsc?

I put it on HD with WBFS Manager 3.0, which scrubs it automatically. Didn't touch the iso in any other way. I'm running USB Loader GX 5XX something ... video mode set to auto in global options. Works perfectly. I've played maybe 3 hours so far and no issues at all. Nice game to veg out on the couch and play. It's not very exciting but thestory is good and the puzzles make good use of the Wii controls, just like the original did with the DS.

I just hope there aren't any puzzle equal to the one in the DS version that you had to partially close your DS and peek into the crack to see the bottom screen reflected on the top one. That one drove me mad for a good week before I figured it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dSN52HstbI