Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there,

Yeah in my opinion the Virtua Tennis (I played the NTSC->PAL version) is much better than the Grand Slam game.. In Vitua Tennis the Wii Motion+ was finally doing something, it wasn't perfect but working nicely.

In Grand Slam I had the idea that the Wii Motion+ was not working at all.. are there more people with this idea?

Still waiting for the rest of the Motion+ games.. especially Sports Resort and Tiger Woods.. I wanna feel the 1:1 movement of the Wii-motes
rolleyes.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
furke said:
Hi there,

Yeah in my opinion the Virtua Tennis (I played the NTSC->PAL version) is much better than the Grand Slam game.. In Vitua Tennis the Wii Motion+ was finally doing something, it wasn't perfect but working nicely.

In Grand Slam I had the idea that the Wii Motion+ was not working at all.. are there more people with this idea?

Still waiting for the rest of the Motion+ games.. especially Sports Resort and Tiger Woods.. I wanna feel the 1:1 movement of the Wii-motes
rolleyes.gif
Well I found a clip on youtube where a guy demonstrates how you have to play GST with WM+. After that things went much better for me. The thing is to always start from a center point right in front of you. After you swing you immediately go back to the center point, so the WM+ can fixate on the starting point again. It really worked for me. If you swing and keep your arm in another position than the initial position it recallibrates and takes that as the center point, which results in weird shaky, stuttering movements of the character. It's not perfect either I know, but yesterday I played GST with a friend who had no WM+, and I beat him with ease. I really start feeling more comfortable now with the WM+.

So in the end I think Grand Slam Tennis is far better, as the graphics are more clearer, cleaner and the action is more up close.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
berlinka said:
Well I found a clip on youtube where a guy demonstrates how you have to play GST with WM+. After that things went much better for me. The thing is to always start from a center point right in front of you. After you swing you immediately go back to the center point, so the WM+ can fixate on the starting point again. It really worked for me. If you swing and keep your arm in another position than the initial position it recallibrates and takes that as the center point, which results in weird shaky, stuttering movements of the character. It's not perfect either I know, but yesterday I played GST with a friend who had no WM+, and I beat him with ease. I really start feeling more comfortable now with the WM+.

So in the end I think Grand Slam Tennis is far better, as the graphics are more clearer, cleaner and the action is more up close.
At first I had the same problem but after knowing how the W+ is working I got better with GST. But it really istn`t that much fun, if you always have to remember to go back to centre position, even if you know on which hand the next ball is coming... If I look at the video of table tennis in WSResort you could see, that the Wiimote doesn`t calibrate in-between ball-changes so I really don`t know what they were thinking, when they`ve implemented this...

I haven`t tried this but I hope it is better control-wise...

shredman

Trophies
XP
Country
This is what i posted in another thread - GST is my favourite by far.....

OK - here goes....

You do need to calibrate your WM+

Hold it steady for 2 seconds about waist high...
Whenever you hold the racquet (wiimote) steady for 2 seconds it recalibrates - so....

Pick a position in front of your TV/Plasma/Display device (central is good)

NB. This part assumes that you have calibrated your wiimote correctly in the first place through the settings menu...

You make movements from here and to the left and to the right (try not to move too much in either direction)

In between points you must hold the racquet (wiimote) in the ready position in front of you as you had at the start...
This will mean that you dont let the WM+ recalibrate in the wrong position and...

Thats it!

As far as connecting online - the manual (which I'm sure most of you priates don't have!
smile.gif
states that the Wii should be placed
in a DMZ from your router (this will help connections) and a minimum of 1.5MB/s DSL is required to play this without lag....

The manual also states that you can port forward certain ports but I can't remember which ones they are - its easier just
to put the Wii in a DMZ. Consult your router manual for details.

Check out this YT vid (by someone on the EA.com forums - bigfunballs to be exact...)

Keeping this in mind (below) might make it easier for you to understand the motions
(I still use a different grip and it seems to work better for my topspin shots....)

moteb.jpg

Use the bottom picture as reference for your ready/recalibrate central position
(with the wiimote out in front of you and d-pad facing towards the ceiling)

SHREDMAN

furke

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
berlinka said:

Hi Berlinka, I'll try it out later.. in Virtua Tennis the calibration is more visible.. you have to point at the screen for a certain amount of time before you can start with the set. Thanx for the tips!!!!!
bow.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
furke said:
Hi Berlinka, I'll try it out later.. in Virtua Tennis the calibration is more visible.. you have to point at the screen for a certain amount of time before you can start with the set. Thanx for the tips!!!!!
bow.gif
I think a calibration is necessary at some point, because the game needs to know where you want to position yourself when playing. If VT09 is doing the only visible calibration at the very beginning (like in TWPGA09) of a match theoretically I would guess, that I will like it more. But as stated before I still have to try it
wink.gif

I still can`t be bothered with the in-match-calibration of GST. It really is a pain in the a**...

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
ok i tried on my wii and it asks for update, even though i updated to 4.0e by waninkoko updater.
if i update will i lose trucha bug and cios etc?

kingofsnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ganons said:
ok i tried on my wii and it asks for update, even though i updated to 4.0e by waninkoko updater.
if i update will i lose trucha bug and cios etc?
My son did the update when I was out, no harmfull effects, backup loaders still work including usb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans