BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Azariel_z said:
Is this like lost magic on the NDS?

What Hadrian said in his week topic:

In Tact of Magic, you take control of Orwell and Sharlot, two childhood friends who, for a reason that's currently unclear, face off on the battle field against monsters and enemy soldiers. In gameplay, you hold the Wiimote like a wand and draw out shapes to perform magic. The game includes over 100 spells. In addition to casting magic, you also control a battle party, whom you direct on the battle field from an overhead perspective.

It got some good scores in Japan all saying that its very good but nothing special. The game is said to be a spiritual successor to the decent DS game LostMagic. I know nothing else but Nintendo are said to show and tell more at E3 this year.

Azariel_z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:
Azariel_z said:
Is this like lost magic on the NDS?

What Hadrian said in his week topic:

In Tact of Magic, you take control of Orwell and Sharlot, two childhood friends who, for a reason that's currently unclear, face off on the battle field against monsters and enemy soldiers. In gameplay, you hold the Wiimote like a wand and draw out shapes to perform magic. The game includes over 100 spells. In addition to casting magic, you also control a battle party, whom you direct on the battle field from an overhead perspective.

It got some good scores in Japan all saying that its very good but nothing special. The game is said to be a spiritual successor to the decent DS game LostMagic. I know nothing else but Nintendo are said to show and tell more at E3 this year.

Cool, and while Square-Enix let its mages dry out somewhere , other people get serious and do games like this...

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
rootbeerking said:
is anyone else getting a green screen on this game?

Try running the game through Gecko OS, that may solve the problem.
The green screen probably means you are running a backup that isn't from your region.
Even if you patched it with a tool, sometimes it doesn't work. With Gecko OS, it should work.

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oww, seems it doesn't work with USB Loader. I don't want to use DVDs again, just because of 1 game >_>
NTSC gives black screen
PAL60 gives flashing screen
PAL50 gives green screen
No workaround for USB Loaders?

rootbeerking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also tried using menu loader, the splash screen played alright, but when I launch the game from the disc channel it tells me there was an error and to eject the disc and restart the game. Is there no way to play this game through a back up?

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It works fine from Disc Channel for me.
Just burn it untouched and use something like StarFall/StartPatch or Preloader to block the update.

As for USB Loader... I tried patching 002 error, patching 001 error, changing language to japanese, enabling VIDTV patch, patching the game to PAL, nothing worked...

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Forgot to tell that I have a Wiikey.
So I guess the game is completely softmod-blocked?

My Menu is 4.0, but I don't think that matters.

rootbeerking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yeah, that'll do it. I don't had a modchip in my console. I guess i'll just have to wait for an update to the back up launcher, or whatever fixes problems like this. Thanks for the info though!

Ricj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, nothing seems to work outside of USB...

i have a 3.1u here, can play anything (even the Monster Hunter 3 Demo runs fine, same with Madworld, And most recent games)

I tried Wiifrii to patch this from NTSC - J to NTSC - U, tried BrickBlock, Tried Force Video, Tried Ios Patch (to 30)... locked in a green screen.

No way around it i guess....

Also, does gecko os 1.9.1 is already with the #002 fix in it? Because i just Use gamma so far...

cake_of_doom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gecko os 1.9.1 works.

I also have to say that this game is pretty nice. Good single player, good wifi, and one of the few wii games that takes advantage of the wii remote capabilities without feeling gimmicky.

bebpo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if this means all major Japanese games from now on will not work with usbloader due to a new copy protection. Arc Rise Fantasia comes out this week and it should show if Nintendo has defeated softmods or if Takt of Magic was just a fluke.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt