Wii #1300 - Marbles! Balance Challenge (Europe)

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
Kororinpa 2?? No idea why they decided to rename it to the most boring name ever, I understand the next Mario game will also be called "Fat Man Mushroom Collector"

I enjoyed the first Kororinpa and this is pretty much more of the same. Nice balance board levels included this time as well (although seperate to the main game). The graphics are functional but not earth shattering, the music is bad enough to make your ears vomit but overall the game is really playable... It's a nice, slow-paced game that can easily steal several hours of your life if you let it.

mayhem366

Trophies
XP
Country
For those of us that haven't played either of the Kororinpa games, is this a little like Monkey ball? Or similar to the minigame in Wii Fit with the marbles?

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
mayhem366 said:
For those of us that haven't played either of the Kororinpa games, is this a little like Monkey ball? Or similar to the minigame in Wii Fit with the marbles?
A bit of both, with Marble Madness thrown in for good measure... You tilt the play area to guide your marble around the maze, collecting diamonds and finding the exit. Along the way there's various things to help/hinder you (tubes, fans, cannons, moving platfoms etc etc) and some of the later levels require you to really bend your head as you have to rotate the play area completely around or use the balls momentum to get to inaccessible areas, guiding the marble without flinging it off the level - very frustrating but also pretty addictive.

jobhosle

Trophies
XP
Country
ugh, they completely screwed up the controls. the first game controlled beautifully, but this .... its like the marbles are glued there and you have to tilt 45 degrees to get them to move.
how could they get this so wrong??!?!

loopguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
jobhosle said:
ugh, they completely screwed up the controls. the first game controlled beautifully, but this .... its like the marbles are glued there and you have to tilt 45 degrees to get them to move.
how could they get this so wrong??!?!
seems it's made for the balance board...

henkp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought that was just me! That was my problem exactly, the marbles (at least the first ones) feel glued and sticky, until you almost tilt it too far so it falls in a 45-degree angle on the next platform, causing it to gain enormous momentum when you DON'T want it! I hope the marbles with more speed and less friction work better
frown.gif

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm hating this one too.
I LOVED Kororinpa, but this one just feels like a cheap immitation.
The balls are sticky, the controls are not as intuitive, it's just all bad.
Lucky I haven't finished Kororinpa yet. I'll just pretend this one doesn't exists and continue loving the first one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.