Wii #1264 - MotoGP (USA)

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like motorcycle racers.
I wonder if this one would be any good on the Wii.
I'm assuming its as broken as the rest, but with a franchise name like that its hard to expect failure.
Though I've been wrong before.

Should be a nice decent racer. And what, no online play? Bah.

t4ils

Trophies
Website
www.t4ils.com
XP
Country
France
don't know anything about the wii version, but the 360 and PC ones just kick ass
I love the moto gp serie created by THQ, but capcom raised the level one step higher according to me

I'll definitly try this out, I'm expecting something very good
smile.gif

edit : Ok, just tried the game a few minutes
1st : gamecube controller is not supported, afaik
2nd : controls are awkward, you can choose between 4 different ones :
- Wiimote only=>mario kart style (you turn by leaning the wiimote left/right)
- wiimote + nunchuck : you use the wiimote as a gaz handle, you make rotation with your hands to accelerate/decelerate, you turn with analog stick
then the 2 that left are more classic, you turn with analog stick and brake with buttons

concerning the gameplay, sensations are here. You can play arcade mode, semi arcade and simulation
you can drive 125cc, 250cc and moto gp bikes
in career mode, you start with a 125cc bike and you unlock new bike with championship points you make during races. Then, you can compete in 250cc or moto gp later on

I'm enjoying this game, but I think a GC controller would have been something nice to support :/

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
I loved the Xbox360 version of that game - and i love the Wii version too.
Ok, sure the graphics are not as good as on 360 but the game is still very good.
It took me 10 minutes to get used to the wii-steering but it works great.

There were Resident Evil 5 and Street Fighter IV but the Capcom game i liked most in the past months is definitely MotoGP 08 for the Xbox360.
Unfortunately the Wii version of MotoGP 08 doesn't have online multiplayer but there is 2 play splitscreen.

btw - the game is called "MotoGP" only, not "MotoGP 08" (becaues the new season is about to start and i guess the title "08" wouldn't be very good to sell a brand new game)

I would score this game...
Xbox360: 90%
Wii: 82%

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
canli said:
08??
rofl2.gif

is it puberty that you are fighting with?

QUOTE(Sstew @ Mar 26 2009, 11:32 PM) I heard the 08' is only there because it was supposed to be out last year but was subject to delays.
there is no "08", not on the boxcover, not on the wii disc channel icon and not in the game

the game is just called: MotoGP

945665_101145.jpg

only the australian versions name is MotoGP 08 because it's available since october 30th

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Downloading this now. I had MotoGP 3 through 07 on the Xbox/Xbox360, but this year with the change to Capcom/Milestone (from THQ/Climax) the gameplay and graphics fell backwards a step IMO... that disappointed me cause I had high expectations for Milestone (they made the best SBK games for PC back in 2000/2001 for EA). So since I skipped this years Xbox360 release... look forward to get a little bit of my Moto racing fix on the Wii.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Downloading this now. I had MotoGP 3 through 07 on the Xbox/Xbox360, but this year with the change to Capcom/Milestone (from THQ/Climax) the gameplay and graphics fell backwards a step IMO... that disappointed me cause I had high expectations for Milestone (they made the best SBK games for PC back in 2000/2001 for EA). So since I skipped this years Xbox360 release... look forward to get a little bit of my Moto racing fix on the Wii.

KYZAAC

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please Help!

I love this game, I have tons of games and this is one of the few that I actually play, I am having problems though.

I cannot get anywhere in Career Mode. I can race as many races as I want and all works fine until I shut the Wii off, when I turn it back on and load the game I can continue racing the track I left off on but when I finished the race and press 1 to proceed I get the black screen with " LOADING " and it freezes. I tried erasing the save file and starting a new one, that didn't work, I burned 4 games at all different speeds, tried all different game modes, although when I started a career in the advanced riding mode I did get a few extra tracks than usual but that came to an end today. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this problem please let me know thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple