Wii #1175 - The House of the Dead Overkill (Europe)

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I`ve played it a little bit now and the sound from the wiimote speaker is just a**... they could have used the sound from 2&3 instead of this clicking sound... what gun does a click-sound when being fired?

-=SkReeK=-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
he, same as i thought, the "click" doesn't fit quite. trick is to turn up the volume of your tv so it matches the volume of the wiimote (or the other way round). i had my tv volume quite low, the click really sounded very weak then ^^

lou_weed

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
gibberish said:
you change weapon with 1, or + or - (cant remember). you dont need the nun chuck for anything.

well its 1 and 2 , thanks .
it really sucks though , why couldnt they let us choose a control scheme ? whats bad with the d-pad ? ? ?

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
borka said:
As for slowdowns - I belive I've read in the IGN's review, that, yes, there are slowdowns in the game now and then. Something to do with low wii horsepower, low memory (IGN's words), general developer laziness and damned Nintendo attitude (my words
smile.gif
).

So I think that in this case Backup Launcher is not the main problem, but the game itself.

i was just coming here to say the same thing... i watched an IGN trailer on youtube earlier and not only was the problem visible from the demo he gave, he also mentioned it as well so it's definitely nothing to do with the backup launcher.

hogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used WDS v1.3 to remove patch and change region.I get black screen,I tried to boot thru HBC but get a green screen.Also i have starfall installed so I'm stumped on this one
hate2.gif

D

Deleted User

gibberish said:
borka said:
As for slowdowns - I belive I've read in the IGN's review, that, yes, there are slowdowns in the game now and then. Something to do with low wii horsepower, low memory (IGN's words), general developer laziness and damned Nintendo attitude (my words
smile.gif
).

So I think that in this case Backup Launcher is not the main problem, but the game itself.

i was just coming here to say the same thing... i watched an IGN trailer on youtube earlier and not only was the problem visible from the demo he gave, he also mentioned it as well so it's definitely nothing to do with the backup launcher.
I was about to ask if there are slow-downs too when using the original version -- won't buy it if that's the case. The presentation is pretty awesome despite this and it exceeds my expectations so far -- I just love that Grindhouse B-movie flair.

betaboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gonna say that I'm somewhat surprised at the sheer level of extreme bad language in this game. I know it's to fit in with the games B-movie grindhouse theme but I can already hear those Daily Mail readers rustling their newspapers in disapproval.

CreX

Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
Yes... REALLY nice title! Gonna play this weekend!
cool.gif

mrgone said:
lol,
not coming out in germany (because of the law), but german language
biggrin.gif
lol! Ye.. I've heard about strong censorship in Germany. Don't you get any game with violence? Can you only get games like Harvest Moon? I love Harvest Moon for that matter, but you get my point.
smile.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This game is AWESOME.

I love the two main characters. Finished it in something like 2-3 hours, but there are extra modes
wink.gif

I now want a sequel. This is the best lightgun game I've ever played
biggrin.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
betaboy said:
Gonna say that I'm somewhat surprised at the sheer level of extreme bad language in this game. I know it's to fit in with the games B-movie grindhouse theme but I can already hear those Daily Mail readers rustling their newspapers in disapproval.
If it was on the PS3 or 360 no one would care, I've heard worst language in other games and no one complained its just that the Wii has a name for being a family friendly console.

I reckon this would have had a 18 just from the last chapter, great boss.

f00had

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it just me or does the game not work after the train stage? Like the guys are running through the woods, I shoot that gold brain at the beginning then they look behind them and just stop.

S

Sobtanian

gibberish said:
nappy said:
Does anyone find that this game stutters a lot using Backup Loader Gamma?

yes, for like a split second every 10 or so seconds. to be honest, i just got used to it.
though i would be interested to find a way round it.

Just an update for anyone wondering:

My wii is softmodded, PAL.

Burnt the image 3 times: Datawrite at 8x, Datawrite at 4x, and Verbatim at 2.4x
All 3 have the stutter... more like half a second every 10 seconds or so. Sometimes the pause is longer.
Surprisingly, it's the Datawrite 4x that performs the best.

As support for SEGA, I bought the game today. The legit copy does not have as much stuttering at all!
It has split-second stutters once every 15 or so seconds, noticeable but don't get in the way at all.

So, if you're experiencing the same stutters as I am, then it's not normal behaviour, and perhaps invest in the real version
wink.gif

Nocturno

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
I´m trying to play this game on a USA NTSC Wii with wiikey 2, wii recognize it but when I click start on disc channel, the screen turns black and nothing happens.

does it happen to any of you?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, it happened to me too.
You should install Gecko OS (google it/search it on GBAtemp/WiiBrew) and it worked fine then.

What a great game! I've never laughed more with a game then with this!
I played it till 3 AM with my friend, just laughing all the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: