Wii #1175 - The House of the Dead Overkill (Europe)

boo_se

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey_suburbia said:
Anyone try on an NTSC Wii with RiskiiMod v2?

I have it burned to a disk at work with regionfrii on it, but I have to wait 3 more hours to get outta here.

I get a black screen while loading it with softmii v1. In gamma it boots and works fine though....

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Pal wii 3.2E wiikey 1.9s . Briickblocked the iso and burnt at 8x , works perfectly. Will play more later but looks good so far. Swearing wise theres an 18 on the cover what the fuck do you expect ? get a grip your kid proabably hears more swearing in school than he ever will in a game.

smithfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Having just got a Wasabi Zero installed, I have to ask.
If i just enable the update blocker can the game safely be played on an NTSC system?

Kenshin Br

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
grubbymitts said:
Raylene2K7 said:
OMG!!
ninja.gif
YESSS!!!!!

I guess this + THE CONDUIT and KORORINPA 2 will be the best Wii games of 2009

cough...MADWORLD...cough

Nintendo will launch 2 or 3 AAA games this year. I belive that on the E3 we will see what they are prepearing.

Probably it will be the GOTY for Wii (and maybe for all systems).

But about the thirds, I think that Madworld will be the best... Well, assuming that the new FFCC will be launched in 2010.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Master Mo said:
I think the really great thing about HotD on Wii is, that you can disable the visibility of the crosshair and calibrate your wiimote especially for the game, so you get the exact same feeling, as if you would play a real Lightgun game... RE:UC and GS didn`t have this option...

I use this gun with HotD:2&3 and it works great:

http://www.giz4geeks.com/wp-content/upload...light_gun_1.jpg

where did u get that gun from?

Gwaith

Trophies
Website
www.die2nite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Master Mo said:
I think the really great thing about HotD on Wii is, that you can disable the visibility of the crosshair and calibrate your wiimote especially for the game, so you get the exact same feeling, as if you would play a real Lightgun game... RE:UC and GS didn`t have this option...

I'm not sure about RE:UC but Ghost Squad definitely had a calibration feature and an option to turn off the crosshair , because that was the reason for me to play the game else it's no arcade feeling at all .
So know that i know that HotD overkill has this feature too it's an instant win for me.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ganons said:
where did u get that gun from?Bought it from eBay Germany (6€) a few weeks ago. If feels just like my old Dreamcast-Gun
wink.gif

QUOTE(Gwaith @ Feb 11 2009, 11:29 PM) I'm not sure about RE:UC but Ghost Squad definitely had a calibration feature and an option to turn off the crosshair , because that was the reason for me to play the game else it's no arcade feeling at all .
So know that i know that HotD overkill has this feature too it's an instant win for me.
Really
ohmy.gif
, now I`ve got to try that again, because I found where to calibrate the Wiimote but I didn`t find the option to turn of the crusshair off
blink.gif

Off to play a little Ghost Squad
yaynds.gif

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alucard77 said:
Hadrian Uranium said:
xcdjy said:
rasputin said:
Just started it with my lad and had to turn it off because the massive overuse of swearing.... I'm so dissapointed, I was looking forward to playing this with my lad.

Why have the developers gone out their way to cram the words mother and fucking into every sentence of the dialogue... they can go suck some dick

mad.gif

Right. It's fine to play a blood filled zombie gorefest with head-shooting madness with yer lad, but when it comes to swearing... no no no, we simply cannot. Whatever.
QFT!

The developers were doing a hommage to Grindhouse movies of the 70's & 80's, it had to have swearing in to keep with the vibe. There is a great big 18 on the cover of this game for a reason.

I about to have a son, so I know what this guy is talking about. I think it would be wise for a developer to build in a fuction where it bleeps out the bad words. That really isn't hard to do.

You can have a PG mode or something where blood becomes green, and mother fucker becomes mother father or mother f BEEEP. I mean, if you ever watched anything on TV when you were young there was either beeps or a change of the word. Assuming that you use comedy wisely, you can definately make it funny enough with using alternate wording for the curses.

First off, it will increase the sales of the game, and it will allow for Parents and Kids to play together. I never understand why there is only a black and white to every issue out there. It's either 18 or nothing. There could be compromises that can make multiple people happy. You want R, then it can be set to R. You want PG, it can be set to PG. Why is that too much to ask for?
Your argument for censorship is invalid, age-rating wise. If there's heavy cursing in the game and it's POSSIBLE to hear it, even though there are options to choose not to, it will have an 18+ rating.

Anyway, what do you do with 18+ things when you have a kid? You watch/play it when he/she goes to bed. You can't play this game when you kid is awake, just like you can't watch agressive movies etc. It's just something to keep in mind when you choose to have babies. Can't blame the developer for that.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
162802.jpg

Don't pirate this game!
Go out and buy this game. Games like these (conduit, house of the dead, mad world, deadly creatures) need our support. You can't expect amazing core titles like these on Wii unless someones buys the games!

kodoku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To the people who are saying it works fine with Gamma: Force NTSC doesn't give you a green screen? Or do you have PAL TVs?

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
dinofan01 said:
162802.jpg

Don't pirate this game!
Go out and buy this game. Games like these (conduit, house of the dead, mad world, deadly creatures) need our support. You can't expect amazing core titles like these on Wii unless someones buys the games!

I wish I could do that.. I would certainly do if I lived up there.

But, over here, with the price that these things are.. buying the 4 games you mentioned would cost almost my entire monthly paycheck! That is.. if I could find them!
sleep.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Raylene2K7 said:
OMG!!
ninja.gif
YESSS!!!!!

I guess this + THE CONDUIT and KORORINPA 2 will be the best Wii games of 2009
Not with Muramasa-whatever-its-full-name-is coming out this year.
lecture.gif

I'm also really skeptical about Mad World. And with skeptical I mean I don't know how the hell it's getting that much of a hype. The gameplay looks lame, the style is totally not original, and the story is just laughable (a game show about killing people? How overused is that?)
Muramasa is gonna kick the game's ass big time.

Can't wait to play Overkill, though, even though I'm pretty confident it won't live up to HotD2.

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
nappy said:
Does anyone find that this game stutters a lot using Backup Loader Gamma?

yes, for like a split second every 10 or so seconds. to be honest, i just got used to it.
though i would be interested to find a way round it.

vistauk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When playing on softmod 3.4E

You insert game and start it up the game comes with a error saying :

"An error has occured.
Press the EJECT button, remove the game disc, and turn the power off.
Please read the Wii operations manual for more information"

Is there anyway around this

Thanks in advance

lou_weed

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
this game's amazing , but i really dont like the weapon switching with the Z button.. why should i hold the nunchuk just for this and the grenades ?

has anyone found a way to change the buttons ?

borka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
As for slowdowns - I belive I've read in the IGN's review, that, yes, there are slowdowns in the game now and then. Something to do with low wii horsepower, low memory (IGN's words), general developer laziness and damned Nintendo attitude (my words
smile.gif
).

So I think that in this case Backup Launcher is not the main problem, but the game itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr