Wii #1137 - Wii de Asobu Mario Tennis GC (Japan)

rush57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shichibukai said:
Why do they port games? Why can't they just do a new one form scratch?

I still have the GC version so no way i'm gona download

Good question. Two words. Easy Money.

Have you asked yourself how many games on the wii or ports or licenced junk from movies. I doubt a publisher will want to spend real money on hiring a development team to create a new interesting intellectual property that in itself is a risky investment on the fact that it the new game would be an unknown unproven property and they don't know if they are going to see money coming back from their investment. That's why publishers just make crappy ports to save money and all they are doing from then is making money cause they already finished the leg work of designing and creating the game before. As long as people keep buying crappy ports, they will keep making them.

Super mario strikers charged, mario sluggers, mario kart wii.
These are ports of gamecube games with little new modes and and gameplay tweeks, so people can keep shelling out money on half ass attempts of making a "new" game iteration....proof? just look at Madden.

resident evil 4 wii, okami
Great games for the wii, but they are ports of games that came out on other consoles.

MCorbet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Played the game on a PAL with WiiKey.

Its a good nintendo game and the controls work fine. The Speed is good. When playing with nunchuck you can give extra effect on the ball.

Inpression

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played it on 3.2E with a Ciclowiz, gamma/gecko isn't even needed.

It's really just a straight port, the controls never feel as polished and give the sensation of handling a racket like in Wii Sports, ball placement is dependent on a lot of court, character and pure game mechanic restrictions. It's still kinda fun, in a classic Nintendo wacky way but I was expecting more.

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
Loved the game!

One problem though, could not understand the Jap menu options.

Anyone knows what each option means?

Or any gaming website that has a translated version of it?

Nuke85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slickric33 said:
pal or ntsc

Only released for Japan..And yeah I wish I could understand they menu options too. Controls are fine, good game but eh not too special. Just Mario tennis
rolleyes.gif

Kirby102

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
Hadrian Uranium said:
Jockel said:
Shichibukai said:
Why do they port games? Why can't they just do a new one form scratch?

I still have the GC version so no way i'm gona download
It's not like you can include many changes into a Tennis game, anyway...
Lets see:

Building a game up from scratch rather than working the GC game around the Wiimote.
Add Online.
Add more modes.
Add more courts that represent Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario
Spruce the graphics up a bit.
Improve AI
Include various other elements.
Add an extra mode that is like the RPG bits from the GBC/GBA games.

If there was a Wii Mario Tennis RPG style like the GBC/GBA ones.. I wouldn't have my arms anymore.. loved those games.. still waiting for the DS sequel :/

Anyway, they're probably working on a new game.. Nintendo would be stupid not to give the Wii a new Mario Tennis and Golf!
OMG yes, those minigames were awesome... Spent a lot of time just maxing out the scores to get the maximum EXP
biggrin.gif

Here's me wishing for the VC version of Mario Tennis (N64), but I hope its not the rate at which it was with Smash Bros 64 with Brawl... (SSBB USver = Mar08 -> SSB64 JP = Jan09)

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Imagine one of these things being a sort of GCN emulator, so you could swap out the ISO files with different games. Have the developers keep the Wiimote control config in a text file, and you'd be in hacker heaven.
biggrin.gif

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sadly, this game doesn't follow suit with Wii Sports Tennis. You can't make the ball spin and curve through the air by twisting your wrist before you hit the ball. Those combination of moves made Wii Sports a much more deeper game for those who learned how to do the special shots and I'm very disappointed that Nintendo didn't build upon the Wii Sports Tennis controls. Boooooo.

legoblocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nuke85 said:
slickric33 said:
pal or ntsc

Only released for Japan..And yeah I wish I could understand they menu options too. Controls are fine, good game but eh not too special. Just Mario tennis
rolleyes.gif
March 9th is the US release for this. If you're really desperate I could probably do a translation of the menus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte